New to prozac

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I am on my fifth week. I am pretty sure they are working as afternoons seem much better but I have had nausea, dizziness and panic most mornings. Drag myself into work then it gradually gets better. Is this normal for 5 weeks. Not sure if the nausea and dizziness is due to anxiety as it was before I started Prozac or if it’s a side effect. I also get a horrible pressure in my head!  I’m too scared to give up on them but desperately hoping I will feel better soon. Can anyone advise please. Thanks 

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tina, whenever you increase it can feel like you are back to the beginning. It will settle. Try and be patient. I think I may be increasing mine from 40-60.
    • Posted

Me too Laurie,

I’m going to be increasing to 60, worried about side effects.  I am doing better than I was.

• Posted

Well we can be there for each other through it. I'm seeing my pdoctor on January 24th. So we will see what he says. I've had a setback from Christmas and back to high anxiety, the shakes, nausea, low thoughts, can't focus. Grrrrr I hate blips. Trying to keep somewhat busy to stay out of my head. I know it will pass. This road to mental health is a hard one. 

But damn it we are all going to make it! ????👍👍💪💪🙏🙏

• Posted

Oh and to you California girls you are lucky. I'm from Ontario, Canada and we are in a deep freeze. -40 Celsius with the wind chill. You know it's cold when the dogs will run out to pee and run right back. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.