New to Sertraline with migraine

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

I've been reading with interest. I've only been taking for 2 days & been up since 4am with migraine/sickness. I've been prescribed 50mg. I'm thinking of halving the dose for a few days. I don't think I can be this rough long term. I thought I'd got a bug but it's the pills!

I have low mood and mood swings and have done for as long as I can remember. I've not had any medicine in about 3 years.

Don't think halving will be problem for me has anyone else done this to help with headaches & nausea?

Couldn't face pill today will try tonight. Never had anything alter my perception so quickly.

Thanks for any help.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI i am a sufferer of migraines for over 30 years so i know what you are going through but i have learned to live with it, you have to , but its all the other stuff that comes with it and thats depression which i got through ibs, weight problems all my life and a whole lot more, and i wont tell you how many drugs i have been through over the last 34 years, and now added to it is sertraline, and i am sure this is what is making my migraines a whole lot worse , and i am at my wits end what to do, any suggestions, please , kind regards jaybabes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.