New to this forum and new to menapause. Really can do with some support.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, I am new and I just joined this forum in order to get some perspective, I guess. I am 44 years old and in January this year, after some tests, I've been diagnosed with perimenopause. I still get my periods, but my cycles are all over the place. I have no one to talk to, because I find it uncomfortable burdening my friends with this stuff, as they are all much younger than me, and won’t be able to relate and my husband, as wonderful as he is, is still a man, that definitely can't relate. I've read a lot of different topics on this forum, from women who are going through the same thing, but one symptom hasn't been raised and that's depression. I feel like I am loosing myself in the process, I get very depressed, although by nature, I am a positive and outgoing person, who loves life. I can cry for days with no reason, I don't want to be around anyone, I feel like I am falling into a dark hole of depression and getting farther away from everyone and everything in this world. It's the only way I can describe this. I constantly have back pains, leg pains, joint pains, leg cramps. I am endlessly tired and lazy, I don't want to do anything. I've turned into a hypochondriac and constantly think that there's something wrong with my health. I can't take hormonal substitutes, because of bad cancer history in my family, so I try all these different natural supplements, but it's like playing a lottery, so far, I've tried 3 different kinds and nothing really works. Please, if you are battling the same thing, let me know, maybe we can help each other. I am at my wits end and my husband recommended me writing on this forum to ladies that are going through the same thing.

5 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.