New to this forum - citalopram 10mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been on 10mg citalopram for 11 days now i havent been too bad the last few days but today my anxiety is through the roof, really dizzy, i feel sick, pounding head. Has anyone got success stories they can share? I know its early days but when should i start seeing little improvement? I've never been on citalopram before - i have sertraline but havent been on anything for 1 year now. Thanks x

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

just remember it's all completely normal what you are going through x they really do make you feel worse before better x

it will pass it's just making it through to the 6 weeks mark x it wont be this hard until then but that's when you might start to see some improvements x even before that if you're one of the lucky ones

I was on citalopram for 5 years and they were the best 5 years of my life x made the mistake of switching and after p*****g around for a year I'm back on them so I can guarantee that I felt the same as you x on day 11 x hope that helps 😊

• Posted

I felt exactly the same in the beginning. Ive been on 10mg for just over 6 weeks now and most of the side effects have now settled and I'm feeling much brighter. It is really tough in the early days I thought I would never feel 'normal' again but honestly ride it out you won't regret it. Best decision I've made you just need to give it more time....good luck xx

• Posted

For me it was about 4 weeks before I started to see any sort of improvement, I've read it can take longer for some so please preserver. It is till early days for me too but things are certainly more manageable and I'm now back at work after having to take 8 weeks off. It is absolutely awful there were times that I didn't want to go on but you will get there. I was literally counting the days hoping that the next would be better. It is hard but you will start to feel better, I know its easier said than done but you've got to tell yourself that it's just the side effects and that the medication is working, it will surpass in time. Xxx

• Posted

JLLOYD85 Hi

so it's normal not to go outside or wanting to do anything in the beginning on Celexa ?

I'm at a point right now so fatigue and no wants or interest is that normal

Yes I'm also home and in my 5 week at home in my bedroom no interest and can't handle loud noise

I'm on the Celexa as of today 13 days

is this normal side effects of Celexa

my thoughts are will I ever come out of this , will the Celexa work and do what it's made for get rid of anxiety

sorry did not mean to go on like this , scared that's all . Please get with me back on what u think and know of this Celexa

thanks babsyboo

• Posted

I had zero energy for weeks and weeks I barely left the house and couldn't even do menial things round the house as I was so tired. I literally used to get up and lay on the sofa all day until it was time to go back to bed. It is tough but things will improve, I started to notice a difference around 4 weeks. I felt scared too, I though I was going to be crippled with anxiety forever. Stick with it things will get better it just takes time. Time does go slow when your counting down the days, audio books helped me fill my days. I also made myself visit a good friend for an hour once a week even though I had to drag myself up and out, looking back it helped me massively. Good luck Xx

• Posted

Hi Lauren

It's still early days for you, it works sooner for some than others. Try not to focus on your side effects too much, try to carry on as best you can. Don't lose sight of the fact that these are side effects and are temporary and no matter how long it takes you will feel better.

• Posted

Hi Lauren! I have been on celexa about 11 days as well. I have experienced headaches, indigestion and severe nausea. My emotions have been like a roller coaster as well. I have also been having a sore throat on and iff since starting?. Not sure if thats related or not but at this point I feel like every ailment could possibly be the Celexa?.

• Posted

Really?! I wonder what the connection is? Why would Celexa cause sinus and throat problems? I did see that it was a common side effect. Strangest thing...

• Posted

You mentioned that the reason for sore throat, etc is because it contains antihistamine. Zyrtec is an allergy pill (antihistamine) that is for allergy type symptoms

• Posted

i take benadryl for sleep and it does not effect me at all in anyway negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.