new user...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,ive been having panic attacks since november last year.I started off just having a few odd ones now and then,now im having one a week.I had a really bad one yesterday,I feel awfull today.My doc gave me tablets last year but i was to scared to take them.I saw him yesterday and he gave me citalopram 10mg.I need to take them but really worried about side effects.I cant go on feeling like this,im not the same happy person any more.My poor kids and hubby want there mum back.Im frightend to go out.Im so short of breath today.Is there any one who can give me good advise... sad

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kimoli

Welcome :D

Take the tablets as prescribed - be prepared for a couple of weeks of sheer insanity! NO not really, hey look at it this way hun - you feel crap now - a few more days of feeling like that knowing that the tablets will soon start to work has to be worth it - right?

Just to be on the safe side (as in if you get the horrid side effects - don't forget not everyone gets them) be as prepared as possible - arrange some help if your children are too young to care for themselves - simple meals, forget the housework stuff like that. the side effects do wear off IF you get any.

10 mg is a very, very low dose - that is what I am on and have been on for 2 weeks and 3 days?

I'm still here aren't I?

Good luck hun and keep posting here - a very friendly and supportive group of people.

Love

Melbi x

• Posted

Thank you.When is the best time to take them.Do you think at night?I worry more about palpitations as i get them quite bad anyway....I just worry about everything!!!I really cant feel any worse than what i do already...kim.x
  • Posted

LOL - Sorry not laughing at you. When to take them?

I started at 4pm in afternnon then moved to taking them at bedtime, then mornings - i am now taking them at lunchtime and so far this seems to be the best time for me.

Everyone reacts differently to them so it is a case of experimenting and finding the best time for you.

You will be fine and we are all here for you.

Stay strong hun, there is a light at the end of the tunnel - if someone can be bothered to go and switch it on :magic:

You will have your good days and bad days but the good days will soon outweigh the bad ones.

Stay strong, grab a seat and pull it into our circle - there's plenty of room for you here. Rant and rave - post the bad and the good.

Sending you my cyber hugs

Melbi x

• Posted

Thanx...Its nice to talk to understanding peeps!! So hard talking to my hubby as he dont understand how im feeling.His a very strong person.Anoys me.wish i was like that!Do you feel any difference on these tabs now you have been on them a couple of weeks?kim.x
  • Posted

Hi Kimoli

Welcome, listen to Melbi she gives good advice! I take 30mg a day and usually take them in the morning except for today - I forgot!!!!! Will take them later. You have to find a time that suits you - we are all different. Just remember that it can take a couple of weeks for them to kick in please don't expect an overnight cure but you will get there! We are all living proof to that lol

Best wishes

Nicky Jane x x

• Posted

Hi Kimoli,

I am on 40 mgs, 20 morning and night. The Citalopram is prescribed to redress an imbalance of seratonin in the brain, which we, the community in this forum, share. It can be frightening at times, and medical people are perhaps not the best communicators, but sometimes we need to address a chemical imbalance with introduced chemicals. I sound like a Du Pont salesman or something, but I'm not.

Keep posting, read others' experiences, don't feel as if you're the only one.

The hour is darkest before the dawn, and I have been battling with depression since 1968. I have my better days and my not so good days. The good days are worth the wait.xx

• Posted

Hi nikki,thanks for advise.the only thing thats bugging me is the low dose.Do u think they will work?Im so fed up of feeling like this.i want to wake up feeling me again..i know its not going to happen straight away.My hubby is fedup with me crying all the time.Im fed up with crying all the time.My bags under my eyes are getting bigger. :o kim.xx
  • Posted

Thank you breezman for your advise..xx
  • Posted

[quote:dbd95abf1d=\"kimoli\"]Thanx...Its nice to talk to understanding peeps!! So hard talking to my hubby as he dont understand how im feeling.His a very strong person.Anoys me.wish i was like that!Do you feel any difference on these tabs now you have been on them a couple of weeks?kim.x[/quote:dbd95abf1d]

Hi Kimoli

Yes I do feel different - Like ermmm insane?

I'm up and down more than a prostitutes knickers at the moment can go from extremely high to extremely low within minutes.

I'm just enjoying the highs and bugging everyone here with my lows.

they can handle it - by jove what a wonderful group of peiople we all are.

Get the cream cakes out Nicky Jane - I'm feeling rather peckish :D

All you have to remember is this:

You will cope with any side effects you may experience, there may be days you feel they are doing nothing other days you will feel on top of thje world.

Just stay here (well get some food and sleep from time to time) but stay with us. We will all help you get through this. That is a PROMISE!

We can't promise you the tablets will work but we can promise you our support.

By the way - it's your turn to put the kettle on :wink:

Melbi xxx

• Posted

thank you melbi,its nice to know your all there to talk to.You made me fill up.Tears are rolling again....I find it hard to talk to people who dont understand(my doctor)for one!!! But this is nice..I just hope i come out of this ok.My poor kids wonder what the hell is wrong some days.Yesterday outside the school i was having a panic attack and my 9 yr old looked really worried.I nearly passed out.I felt so stupid after...I could just scream some times if only i could stop crying first!kim.xx
  • Posted

I am only on 10 mg and they seem to be working for me. I was supposed to go up to 20 mg last week but because I was having some very 'real' weird experiences my doctor decided against increasing the dose.

Yes Nicky Jane there really was an earthquake LOLOLOL.

I'm quite settled now on the 10 mg - also recieved a letter today saying I am going for cognitive behaviour therapy. Just go with the flow!

It is of no use trying to fight your feleings hun, let them go - the bad ones will lessen and the good ones will grow.

Ramble and rant until your heart is content on here. We are all in the same boat as you and hey! That boat hasn't sunk yet! Keep going - we will row for you when you are too tired to row, and I'm quite sure you will be rowing for us along the trip at some points too.

I dont know - ladders with grease on them

long dark tunnels

boats and rowers

What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

Might I also suggest that you go back through the forum and read past postings. That is what I did before I actaully started posting myself.

You will probably find a lot of answers to your questions along the way.

Of course if that seems like to much effort (it can on the bad days) then just ask away and I'm absolutely sure someone will have the answer you are looking for.

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Hi Kimoli

Hang on in there - things do get better and as Melbi says we all promise you our support! Sometimes it's easier to talk to people that are not close family / friends at first then the funny thing is they turn into family & friends so you end up better off!!!

Melbi - cream cakes are here....... the biggest one is mine lol

Nicky Jane x x

• Posted

I was just reading some of the other postings...I will go with the flow and hope for the best. :wink: Got the school run soon...GREAT...looking foward to that.I will let you know tomorow how the first night goes...Wish me luck..Thanks for talking to me. :D kim.xxx
  • Posted

Thanks nikki jane. :wink: .kim.xx
  • Posted

Hi Kimoli, sorry to hear you are feeling this way! Its not good!

I am a mum of 2 as well. Its hard trying to keep on top of things, in these states. If I were you I would take the pill your daoctor has prescribed and stand by people on this sight. We all give each other support, like :tea: and :cake: :bleep: us at any time, day or night.

Try not to worry!!! thats my :gift: Just try them! Put your docs number somewhwere handy just in case, keep us posted. Tiny Tears

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.