new user...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,ive been having panic attacks since november last year.I started off just having a few odd ones now and then,now im having one a week.I had a really bad one yesterday,I feel awfull today.My doc gave me tablets last year but i was to scared to take them.I saw him yesterday and he gave me citalopram 10mg.I need to take them but really worried about side effects.I cant go on feeling like this,im not the same happy person any more.My poor kids and hubby want there mum back.Im frightend to go out.Im so short of breath today.Is there any one who can give me good advise... sad

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

[quote:178f15f5f6=\"Nicky Jane\"]Hi Kimoli

Hang on in there - things do get better and as Melbi says we all promise you our support! Sometimes it's easier to talk to people that are not close family / friends at first then the funny thing is they turn into family & friends so you end up better off!!!

Melbi - cream cakes are here....... the biggest one is mine lol

Nicky Jane x x[/quote:178f15f5f6]

Now you know that is so unfair that you get the biggest one :cry:

I cpmpletely agree Nicky Jane about soon becoming friends. You are all very special to me.

This is for Breezman, well all of you lol but Breezman in particular....

can't sleep.

don't sleep.

won't sleep.

shan't sleep.

never sleep.

never sleep.

never sleep.

tick tock

tick tock

tickity tick

tock

tock

tock

the little hand drills a hole into my tired mind.

can't

tick

don't

tock

won't

tick

shan't

tock

never

tick

never

tock

never sleep

the clock keeps ticking

as my mind struggles to keep up

too many ticks.

too many tocks.

the clock's too loud

it echos through the silent night

too many thoughts

all at once

i need them on paper

scribble

tick

scribble

tock

that ******* clock

it never ******* stops

i cant ******* sleep.

a dog barks

tick

a car screeches

tock

a horse neighs...what?

i can't be that tired

i can't be hallucinating

i

can't

sleep.

don't sleep.

won't sleep.

shan't sleep.

never sleep.

P.S. Going to get my head down for an hour now - got a headache :roll:

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Thank you tinytears i will keep you posted. :wink: kim.xx
  • Posted

Only found this forum a few days ago. So refreshing to find somewhere that others understand what you are experiencing.

I've been off work for two months now and taking Citalopram for five weeks now. After Christmas, the wheels just came off my wagon and my wife made me go to the doctor.

Started on 10MG and built up to 20 after one week. My GP suggested this was the best way to minimise any side effects. Apart from bone weary tiredness and insomnia, he was right - only thing is that the pills don't seem to be doing any good yet!! :x Doctor has also prescribed Zopiclone for my insomnia. I'm not keen to take these to often as they can be addictive but when you've not slept for three or four nights they are a godsend.

Reading some of the things you guys are dealing with in your lives is truly humbling to me. Makes my issues appear insignificant in comparison.

I know I am blessed with an understanding family, GP and even employer! My counsellor assures me that I can and will be the person I was again but I need to take time be kind to myself. I guess that's good advice for all of us.

Bst regards to all.

• Posted

Hey, Kimoli, Melbi...shes a good friend now! Shell make you laugh...[quote:28f1d6ba76]Up and down like a prosttutes knickers[/quote:28f1d6ba76] :shock: Maybe thats what I should do :lol: :lol: :lol: [b:28f1d6ba76]Indeed :lol: :oops: Sorry my partners keeps trying to spry on me ...what is he like!

I am sorry I am just having an Off day....maybe its cause ....well , hmmm I dont really know!

Hopefully tom will be better for everyone! Take care and keep us informed.

Oh and Melbi....should it not be ......an old prostitutes briefs???? :lol: :lol: [/b:28f1d6ba76]

• Posted

:sorry: :oops: [b:02ec6acc13]partner, not partners... :lol: tut tut![/b:02ec6acc13]
  • Posted

Hi Stillman, hmmmm, I took zoplicone, it was fine once it eventually started to work! Good to hear from you and keep us posted how you get on. Tiny Tears.
  • Posted

Hi Kimoli,

Welcome to the round table of experience! Tiny Tears, great to see your posts again, and Melbi, thank you. Thank you for your poem, thank you for caring. You have a gift Melbi, the gift of true poetry. Your words really touched me tonight.

I hope you can sleep. It's now 2:30 am here and I just wish I could sleep, but I seem to be more awake than ever. Am going to try and put my head down in half an hour.

Look after yourselves, keep posting, by contributing we help each other and ourselves. xxx

• Posted

[quote:0219a53d3b=\"Stiltman\"]Only found this forum a few days ago. So refreshing to find somewhere that others understand what you are experiencing.

I've been off work for two months now and taking Citalopram for five weeks now. After Christmas, the wheels just came off my wagon and my wife made me go to the doctor.

Started on 10MG and built up to 20 after one week. My GP suggested this was the best way to minimise any side effects. Apart from bone weary tiredness and insomnia, he was right - only thing is that the pills don't seem to be doing any good yet!! :x Doctor has also prescribed Zopiclone for my insomnia. I'm not keen to take these to often as they can be addictive but when you've not slept for three or four nights they are a godsend.

Reading some of the things you guys are dealing with in your lives is truly humbling to me. Makes my issues appear insignificant in comparison.

I know I am blessed with an understanding family, GP and even employer! My counsellor assures me that I can and will be the person I was again but I need to take time be kind to myself. I guess that's good advice for all of us.

Bst regards to all.[/quote:0219a53d3b]

Hi Stiltman

Welcome aboard. Never and I mean NEVER EVER feel your probelms are any less than anyone elses. NOT EVER!

Your problems/issues are important to you and they affect you in just the same way our issues/problems affect us.

Now consider your self well and truly told off :wink:

Stay here, type out all your good days and bad days, read what othjers are saying and you will soon be as crazy as us lot :shock:

Joking apart - Stick with it - speak to your GP about increasing it if you think it would help but above all esle - remember your feelings are very real - you are going through a bad time and you need to allow yourself time to heal.

We will help you if you will allow us to do so.

Now go and put the kettle on and make us all a nice cup of tea :D

Melbi xx

• Posted

Message received & understood Melbi - thanks!

Speak to you all soon.

Take care everyone.

• Posted

HI, I WAS PRESCRIBED CITALOPRAM AROUND 8 MONTHS AGO AFTER SUFFERING ANXIETY & PANIC ATTACKS, OVERALL THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT FOR ME. I TAKE 30 MG DAILLY AND HAVE RECENTLY DISSCUSSED LOWERING MY DOSAGE. PANIC ATTACKS ARE HORIBLE BUT IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT YOU WILL COME TO NO HARM.

I AM NOT WRITING THIS NOTE TO BOAST THAT I AM BETTER AS I DONT KNOW WHAT TMMORW WILL BRING. I DONT FEEL ANYTHING LIKE I DID 8 MONTHS AGO SO WE CAN GET BETTER. KEEP STRONG ALL. J,[/quote]

• Posted

Hi John - think i just replied to you on the wrong thread lol.

It's good to hear success stories - no one will think you are boasting and even if you were - you deserve that right to do so.

Keep going - you will get stronger each day.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi kimoli ,it made me so sad to read your expierience,i two am married with children,i suffer from depressoin ocd,generlised anxiety ect ect,i know how you feel truley i do ,i have been prescribed prozac ,venlafaxine ,ect i feel nothing much works for me,on venlafaxine my hair started to fall out,and i suffered a continual twitch in my eye,ive been of venlafaxine for three days now,i havnt been to good brain zaps from hell,ive now started citlopram 10mg and hopefully that will help me,the thing is i have been very scared to take these,as a part of me wants to conquor this alone,for yourself be strong mainly for your self and your children, its not easy,no one said that it would be its hard life is hard,maybe we are all special,my sister is selfish and never suffered depression in her life,i on the other hand i am not selfish i always think of others and put myself last.im sensative and i suppose shy,(to a point)you need to know that there is so much help out there,we have to open our hearts and let people in, tommorow is a new day it just might be that little bit brighter please take care of yourself and anyone else reading this,tommorow will be a brighter day ..........Anna
  • Posted

I think we just learn to live with it - end of.

I was sectioned for 6 weeks when my children were very young. If I am totally honest, I never really stopped being depressed, I just learnt to accept it - learnt how to deal with it and moved on.

The tablets will help but only if you allow them to and you help yourself too.

It is no good sitting back thinking great I have some tablets now that are going to cure me. They cannot cure you - they can only provide you with a stepping stone - the rest is up to us.

We all need to find something that works for us as individuals - what works for one doesn't mean it will work for us all.

Now when I get depressed I tell myself I have good days and bad days - deal with it!

Then I started with this stupid anxiety - all IMO because I ignored the signs.

Nevermind though - I'm still learning after suffering from depression since my teenage years.

I think i am one of the lucky ones - I have held down my latest job for over 10 years. Why? Because I have learnt how to deal with depression.

Now I need to learn how to deal with anxiety :roll:

It seems never ending :cry:

Melbi x

• Posted

hi ANABANANZA,,I know where you are coming from!!! I am major inanxiety, Iknow I have suffered depressionin my past but I am too embarassed to admit it. But now , thinking , why should I be? Now I think , yep, me and pretty much most the population!!! tell someone..preferably a professional exactly how you feel, so that you CAN get better. Hugs Tiny Tears
  • Posted

[quote:a58c2f5ffc=\"Tiny Tears\"]hi ANABANANZA,,I know where you are coming from!!! I am major inanxiety, Iknow I have suffered depressionin my past but [u:a58c2f5ffc][b:a58c2f5ffc]I am too embarassed to admit it. [/b:a58c2f5ffc][/u:a58c2f5ffc] But now , thinking , why should I be? Now I think , yep, me and pretty much most the population!!! tell someone..preferably a professional exactly how you feel, so that you CAN get better. Hugs Tiny Tears[/quote:a58c2f5ffc]

Katy it isn't even our problem - we don't have a problem with it (well not in that sense) It is other people that have the problem.

Can you imagine someone admitting they have a migraine? Oh my word! Stay away from her/him - he has migraine. :roll:

Yes. It is others that have a problem - ignorance!!!!

Stand tall and proud Katy - I have discovered thsoe that do suffer depression are extremely caring people.

Could that be why we suffer depression? We care?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Getting up now and getting everything in place before the big day.

Love

Melbi xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.