New user of sertraline - advice pls!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im now on day 3 of taking sertraline, 1st day i felt really sick. Yesterday and today i dont feel as sick but ive lost my appetite a little (normally a big eater) I feel really tired, i keep yawning an just want to sleep! Will this wear off??

And ive noticed my pupils are bigger!!!!!! I really hope this goes away, i feel like i cant look at people!

How long are people usually on these tablets for??

Thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been on sertraline for about 7 weeks and I still get neausea some days It did take me of my food to start with but that has come back It all depends on your doctor when you can come of them when do you take your tablets
  • Posted

Hi mango3, I have been taking Sertraline since March of this year. I was started on 50mg but have recently been put up to 100mg because I started to have problems again. The sickness feeling does go off eventually I am glad to say. I found that when I was taking my tablets first thing in the morning that I felt really tired all day so when my tablets were increased my GP told me to take them in the evening. I have found this to be a lot better, on the odd days I am tired but not as much as before. I must also add that it was easier to recognise that I wasn't coping on the 50mg than before I was taking it. I could see the signs quite clearly.

Keep taking them because it does take a while to get into your system. my husband has told me that I am getting back to my old self again, laughing instead of crying all the time and being miserable.

I wish you luck and remember stick with it.

• Posted

Hey shambers my friends doctor started him on this 100 mg before he goes to real xanax he gave me some of them along with some adhd pills and i dont have adhd do you or anyone else haveknowledge of what adhd meds can do to you iv been taking Dextroamphetamine which is i guess and off brand addrall
  • Posted

Hi Shambers

How long did it take for your neausea to go away

I am glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that you are feeling a lot better.

• Posted

I started with 100 mg and i took 2 of them and i hadn't done almost overdosed so if your just starting out maybe take half when i did the first time i had neasua but didnt puke but now i dont

• Posted

Thanks for all that! Ive been told to take them in the morning. Im so tired right now tho! Just want to put my head down.

I do feel better in myself tho (i think) I hope i dont jinx that now! lol!

Has anyones pupils dilated? I noticed mine on day one, an I look evil or drugged up!

mango3 (only a guest at the mo)

• Posted

:D the sickness went off after a couple of months, just get the odd sickness feeling now and again. I do on occassion have a dizzy spell but this only happens once in a while.

Just stick with it guys, I feel as if I am getting back to my old self, but it does take a while to get in to your system. Also I started on a lower dosage but had to be increased due to not coping with life once again.

If you are feeling tired after taking your tablets in the morning check with your GP to see if you can change to taking them in the evening, I have found this definitely works better for me, I still have the odd days but not continuosly like before.

I hope you find what I have written to be helpful to you!xx

• Posted

hi there i have just started using sertraline 4 days ago and i have found that i have had extreme tiredness and cant seem to pick my head up from one day to the next. I actually feel worse than i did before taking them and hoping i get better , had many panic attacks and my head is all over the place and my pupils have dilated and i feel like i am having hallucinations at times and i keep getting noises in my ears and feel sick and can not eat . I have been reading many positive posts and have decided i am gonna ride these symptoms out hoping i feel better in the long run x[/b]
  • Posted

Hang in thereguys it is worth it i experienced all teas side affects and if im honest i was greatfull of some sleep at last. Iv been on sertraline 4nearly 3years now and the side effects wore of after a couple of months. If i 4getr 2 take my meds i kno about it (and so does every1 else) so at least i no they r doin something and it was worth stickin with them. Hang in there and good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Shadow

What strength are you on when I wake up in a morning which early I start to panic what time do you take your medication. is there light at the end of the tunnel I sometime think not as I feel so ill I have been on them for 9 weeks. will it get better.

• Posted

It may not seem like there is light at the end of the tunnel at the mo but it does get better. I have tried many AD and with stickin 2 it theas r the best 4 me. Yes i suffered all the side effects but stuck it out and now barely have any, i still do get the bad days but not as much. By the way im on 200mg a day and take them at night . Hang in there and good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Shadow thank you for your advice can I just ask you one more thing did you loose any weight when you had your anxiety first
  • Posted

Hi there yes i dibut also 2 b honest i calnt say it was all 2 do with anxiety as i do have eating issues as well but im told it is normal 2 loose weight and there is nothin out of the normal so i wouldnt worry. As 2 just askin 1 more que we r here 2 help each other so feel free 2 ask as many as u want if there is any advice i can give am happy 2 help and hope my experiances can b of help 2 others (u included).
  • Posted

Hi there yes i dibut also 2 b honest i calnt say it was all 2 do with anxiety as i do have eating issues as well but im told it is normal 2 loose weight and there is nothin out of the normal so i wouldnt worry. As 2 just askin 1 more que we r here 2 help each other so feel free 2 ask as many as u want if there is any advice i can give am happy 2 help and hope my experiances can b of help 2 others (u included).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.