New user of sertraline - advice pls!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im now on day 3 of taking sertraline, 1st day i felt really sick. Yesterday and today i dont feel as sick but ive lost my appetite a little (normally a big eater) I feel really tired, i keep yawning an just want to sleep! Will this wear off??

And ive noticed my pupils are bigger!!!!!! I really hope this goes away, i feel like i cant look at people!

How long are people usually on these tablets for??

Thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there I have been reading all your comments I have been on sertraline for 10 weeks when I wake in the morning I still feel very anxious until I take my tablet is that right to feel like this after 10 weeks in the day I am not to bad.
  • Posted

I have been on this drug for nearly a year and yes I did get nausia at the start. I also need a sleeping aid to drift off at night and feel a little tired at work.HOWEVER, what an amazing drug. It has changed my life. Bear with it and in the long run the benefits far outway the side affects.

In the day when I am tired I walk for a few minutes and try to keep slightly active. This helps but does not cure the tiredness.

• Posted

Hello all, sincerely hope you are all on the road to recovery.  I realise this thread is over a year old now.  My 17 year old son has been on Sertraline for 1 week now, started off on 25mg now up to 50mg and will rise to 100mg next week.  He is a little nauseaus but that is starting to wear off, think we will be changing to night time meds as he is very very tired all the time.  he laso has dry mouth, pupils are enormous but he seems a little 'giddy', not hyper just a heightened state.  Did any of you experience this and if so, did it go off on it's own?  Because of his age his psychoatrist is monotoring him weekly by vists and phone calls on alternate weeks.  I am worried (as any parent would be). I don't want to take him off them without giving them a chance to do their job but if the giddiness continues I may have to.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

• Posted

I started these today. 50mg. I have big bright blue eyes but my pupils r dilated quite a bit and i'm worried if i stick with these this will stick. But i need help i need to try these. I don't want people to know when they look at me I'm on something and i don't want my eyes to be less blue. Please help someone
  • Posted

I am having the same problem with my eyes and its hard to be around bright lights and daylight. It makes me feel like I can't focus very well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.