New Year

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Tess and Linda,

Happy New Year

I have had a nice relaxing xmas and a busy New year.

Linda how are you feeling? have you managed to find a way of sorting out your meds so that you feel better?

Tess I hope life is treating you well.

The xmas cake was great we managed to try it a few days ago. You can taste the Brandy. Their is only Alan and I that eat it. Yum Yum

Lizzy

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Tess and Linda

Look forward to receiving a text message from you soon Linda. I hope all goes well with the funneral.

I have been trying to slow life down a little, with very little success.

Tess I hope all is well with you.

Taking the 2nd is making life a struggle at the moment.

Chat soon.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

Good to see you both on the site! Linda I do hope your funeral goes ok and your mum doesn't get to restless bless her. Claire was sedated for her endoscopy and that was fine. It was after when they were putting the tube in it was so painful.

Lizzy I hope you are doing ok and the counselling going ok. Claire has been going for counselling since she has been out of hospital as well.

Well have been busy busy busy! Had everyone come round yesterday for Sunday dinner and was good having all three girls there together. Sophie and Molly are really good with Poppy.

Got Sophie tomorrow and then going to collect Molly after school as well. Can't believe how quick the time is going this year. Can't wait for the light nights to come now.

Well think it is time for bed for me now as feeling tired.

Take care!

Tess

• Posted

hi Tess and Linda,

Linda I hope all is well with you? Are you manageing to get any time for yourself? I am finding it quite difficult.

Tess we had a quiet house over the weekend which was nice for a change. Sounds like you had a good time. Yes this school year has gone very quickly.

Is the counselling helping with Claire? I find it very hard as I hate talking about me.

I'm off to the docs thursday, I'm not looking forward to it.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

It is nice to have a quiet house at times. Even though it is nice to have the children and grandchildren around.

Yes Claire is doing ok at the counselling sessions. She had only a couple to talk about what had been happening when she was in hospital. She asked to finish today.

Linda I hope you are doing ok today.

Lizzy I hope all goes well with for you at your doctors appointment on

Thursday.

Tess

• Posted

HiTess and Lizzy,

I`m like you Lizzy find it really hard to talk about me and just can`t put into words how I feel. Also find it hard meeting people I don`t know and going places I don`t know on my own. Finding time is hard I usually manage some time in the evening watching tv upstairs but thats about it.

How long will claire have to wait for the result of the endoscopy? Hope you had a lovely day with molly and sophie and it must be good to get the family together at the weekend.

Well funeral went as well as these things do especially as she was only 47yr her daughter was so upset she only 17. it was buddhist cremation and was very interesting. Ray had eyes tested yesterday and she is now concerned about the other eye so when we pick up glasses she is leaving a letter for us to take to GP. There is always something!

Well must go time seems to go nowhere at the moment and there is always something to sort out.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

Linda Claire gets her results on the 13th April. She had another frustrating day yesterday at the hospital again. She had appointment with surgeons and when she arrived at 3 they couldn't find her records. She waited until 6pm and still couldn't find them. It was a waste of her petrol and car parking fee. They said they could arrange another appointment for her. She said no and would arrange one when she gets transferred to the other hospital. They also said she had missed an appointment at the outpatients clinic for her crohns but she had never received the appointment. She had a did not attend against her name and asked for it to be removed. When will they finally get it right. Good job she has got a transfer.

Glad the funeral went ok today. 47 is not very old though.

No wonder you have no time to yourself with everything going on for you.

Lizzy how are you doing today. Have you had more counselling and hope it

went ok.

Well getting tired now and time for my bed.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

I think spring is here at long last. The frogs in the pond have been very busy. :lol:

So how are you both?

Life has been fairly tough here. Alan still has not managed to get a job. :cry:

I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to keep a brave face. My counsellor is going away on holiday for 3 weeks next week, I think I am relying more on her than I thought as I am feeling a little panicy in case something goes wrong. Never thought I would see the day when I rely upon someone else apart from myself and Alan.

Linda that sounds like a very different sort of funneral my mum went to a gypsy one a few weeks back. I hope Rays eye is sorted quickly. Have you done any more about the DLA?

Tess thats a long time to wait for results. I do hope that they are able to sort something out for Claire. You must be thinking of taking the van away for a few days soon. Have you got anywhere planned.

Wishing you both a good week and that the sun stays.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

How are you both today! I have had a busy weekend looking after Poppy overnight on Saturday. Steph had her first night out since being pregnant on Saturday. She went out with some friends for a meal and out dancing. Poppy is nearly 6 weeks old on Thursday.

How are you Linda? Is your mum doing ok and has she had her other eye done yet.

This year seems to be going so quick so far. Think it is because we had Stewart's brother over from New Zealand then Claire in hosp for 5 weeks.

Got busy day tomorrow with Sophie and Poppy. Sophie during the day and Poppy in the evening for an hour.

Seem to be doing ok on the new tablets for pain. Saw Dr on Thurs and said I could go up to six tablets instead of 3 if I want to. Will try do it slowly though.

Got Stu on nights now until Friday.

Lizzy any news for Alan on the job front.

Well got to go now. Take care both!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Know just what you about time going so fast, like you I think its because there has been so much going on. Mum has had both eyes done and they were successful, she is so pleased she can see. Is very happy at St. Eds and really settled. Ray has also had both eyelids operated on and they seem bett too. On the down side he is losing his near vision in the other eye but hops watching it closely.

Can`t believe Poppy is 6 weeks! Still off my anti depressant and just on Amitriptyline, can`t say I`m that much worse but am certainly no better, so all the funny things I was feeling were not due to the tablets. So will give it a bit longer and have a chat with GP.

Well must get on, taking me ages to do things at moment as fatigue is a real problem so am trying to pace, not very successfully I might add!

Take care, Linda

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

I hope you are both doing OK and are not in too much pain.

Linda I'm sorry to hear about Rays sight getting worse. Well if you feel no worse without the pills then at least you can feel happy that you are not filling your body up with drugs that can do harm.

Tess you have been busy I hope you are finding time to rest as well.

Alan still hasn't managed to get a job.

I had a really bad week last week and I have been unable to get my AD from the chemist so went back to doc, he was really helpful and now understands how bad I am and was really supportive.

Take care of yourselves.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Liinda

Hope you are both ok! Linda not seen you on here for a while and hope you are ok. I know you must be really busy or you would have been on. Don't overdo things! I hope you have a lovely Easter. Are you at home or going away.

Lizzy hope you are ok today! Are you enjoying having the children at home for the Easter holiday.

Have had a really busy day today!

Been looking after Sophie and Molly today been really full on again.

Got everyone coming for lunch tomorrow so will be cooking for 12.

Have a really good Easter holiday!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Thanks for thinking about me Tess, not been busy as such but not coping well. Have swollen feet again, really tired and just generally not good. Went to see GP yesterday and given me anti depressent again sad Didn`t really want to have them again, but couldn`t carry on as I was. Have to go back in two weeks.

Hope things are ok with you, new baby and your daughter is doing better now.

Lizzy how are things on the job front? Don`t know how you cope I go to pieces over nothing.

Well, take care will try not to leave it so long this time.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,,

Hope you are both well and not doing too much.

Its been good to have some sun. Last weekend we had a BBQ which made a nice change as we haven't had one for a few years.

Tess how did lunch go, cooking for 12 sounds like hard work but lots of fun too. Have you planned any more breaks yet?

Linda hope your Mum is ok.I am not coping Linda I went on melt down last time I was at the docs and I am now taking two anti-depressants which seem to be helping a lot. I am still having some really bad days, but I am now getting some good days. My counselling is very difficult but its good to talk about things that I have never told anyone else.

Alan started a 3 month contract a couple of weeks ago the pay is poor, but it has got him out from under my feet and hopefully it will lead to another job.

Wishing you both a good bank holiday weekend.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

Linda good to see you are back on. How are your feet now has the swelling gone down. I hope you antidepressant kicks in soon and makes you feel better.

Poppy will be 12 weeks old on Thursday. Sophie and Molly are both really good with her and want to cuddle her.

Claire is doing ok at the moment and back at work full time! She is waiting to go for a gastric test at the hospital near you. Still getting pain and not eating so well. If her weight goes to low have said they will give her a peg.

Lizzy hope you are feeling a bit better on your new tabs as well.

How is Alan's job going? I know it is poor pay but it must give him some self esteem back after trying for so long to get a job. Plus it gives you some time for yourself while he is at work and the children at school.

We all need a little me time.

I am not too bad. On six gabepentin now and find I do get more sleep overnight. Doesnt take pain away during the day. Hoping to come off the amitripyline when I see dr next. Go to go back at the end of the month to see him as he is on holiday at the moment.

Did a silly thing yesterday and was clearing up after my daughter had a 30th party at our house. I walked into the table leg and stub my toe really bad. I must say I did swear but no one was around at the time.

Not sure whether I have broken it as it did swell up quite a lot and couldn't walk on it at all at first. Later in the day was able to hobble around but really painful to put it down on the floor. Overnight bruising as come out and it is still sore today. I broke the same toe a few years ago now when I stubbed it on a chair. The only thing you can do with a little toe is strap it up to the next toe as a splint and just wait for it to get better. Its only the big toe that needs to be looked at.

So annoyed as it is taking me twice as long to do everything. I can wear a flip flop to go outside but can wear any other shoes at the moment.

Cant walk any distance only as far as the washing line.

Well got to go now and will catch up again soon.

Take care

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Glad Alan has found at least some work even if its low pay, it will give him some confidence back and may lead on to other things. Also it will give you some time on your own, I know what its like having Ray at home for the last goodness how many years. It doesn`t mean we think any the less of them but we need me time!

Glad Claire is improving and that all the girls get on well, it will be lovely for them to have each other as they grow up. Hope your pain is easing now Tess, ray has been in awful pain this last week and the doctor rang us again this morning about pain relief. If no improvement by thursday he has to go and see someone.

My new anti-depressent seems to suit me ok, I haven`t had any awful side effects like I did with the last one I had. They also appear to be making a difference slowly. Have to go back in a month. He thinks all the odd symptoms I get are related to the fibro or the depression and are nothing else to worry about.

Well Hope you are both ok, but wish the nice weather would come back its dull and windy here today.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.