New Year

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Tess and Linda,

Happy New Year

I have had a nice relaxing xmas and a busy New year.

Linda how are you feeling? have you managed to find a way of sorting out your meds so that you feel better?

Tess I hope life is treating you well.

The xmas cake was great we managed to try it a few days ago. You can taste the Brandy. Their is only Alan and I that eat it. Yum Yum

Lizzy

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

Good to see you back on Linda and that your new tablets are helping you feel better slowly. I don't know about you but any little twinge or pain in my body I either put down to fibro or arthritis. My tablets do seem to work for my pain overnight but as soon as they wear off in the morning it comes back. I am sleeping longer and staying asleep overnight. Still tend to sleep no longer than 6 o clock though. Don't know if some of this is due to having taken the thyroxine at that time for the last 14 years and my body just use to waking at that time. The only time I do sleep longer if I have gone to bed say after 1 or 2 after a night out. That doesn't happen that often lol or wouldnt keep awake.

I know what you mean about the me time. I do like it when I get a few days during the week on my own when Stewart on day shift and Chris at work.

How are you doing Lizzy. The days are going to fast until my eldest daughter Amy's wedding. Sophie & Molly getting excited. Just under two weeks now. Amy had her hen night on Saturday. We are looking after the girls for three days while Amy and Andrew are on honeymoon.

Well take care both and catch up with you again soon. Linda did you get your mobile sorted. If so let us have your number and we can text you as well.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

How are you both? I hope you are enjoying the good weather?

Linda I'm glad to hear that you are getting along with your new anti-depressants. How is your Mum? What sort of side effects were you having on your old ADs?

Tess how is your toe I hope its not too painful still. Would you say the gabepentin is better than the amitripyline(how many amitripyline were you on) Its good to hear that Claire has managed to go back to work full time. She must be shattered by the end of her shift.

Alan seems to be doing Ok at work. We can just about manage if we are careful with money. Its good for him to get out of the house and I am enjoying having the house back how I like it.

I was back at the docs again last week and he has upped my 2nd AD again and I am begining to feel a little more human. I have to go back in a month. My endocriniologist was suppose to send me a 4 month appointment 6 weeks ago. Goodness knows when I will see him. I could do with seeing him as I want to sort out my Vit D and thyroid levels. Why do they say 4 months when they know you won't get an appt. till at least 6 months.

The counselling was going along ok till about 2 weeks ago when she told me I needed to go back and see doc urgently as not all my symptoms are depression related. She said she would write and then changed her mind. So I have decided not to rush back and wait till my next appt.

Last night we booked 3 long weekends away durring the school summer holidays. All in the derbyshire dales. So if the children don't want to come they can stay at home, but we will be close enough if they have a problem.

Wishing you both a good weekend.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

I do hope you hear about your appointment for your Vit D and Thyroid soon. I bet you feel good about booking up sometime away during the summer holidays. Like you say if the children don't want to go with you then you are near enough to go back if you need to. My toe is better now and think luckily I had only badly bruised it. Was painful for the first couple of days until the bruising came out but is ok now luckily. Needs to be in time for the wedding. I only take 10mg of amitriptyline at night. Go back to see the dr next Friday and probably going to stop the amitriptyline depending how I am getting on with the gabepentin.

Looking after Sophie tomorrow while Amy gets the last few bits for her wedding.

Going to my eldest sister Christines house for Sunday lunch. We are going with Amy, Andrew, Molly & Sophie. My sister cant get to Amy's Wedding as she is on holiday so invited us all over for dinner.

Hope your are doing ok Linda! Have a good weekend too.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

When is the wedding Tess? You must be all looking forward to it now? I hope you had a good time at Your sisters? So have you stopped the amitriptyline and if so have you had any side affects from stopping Tess.

Linda how are you doing? How is your Mum? Have your new tablets helped do you feel any better?

Alan has another interview lined up for the end of June, so if this contract is not continued he will hopefully have another job to go to.

I have another counselling session today I wish things would improve I feel like I take two steps forward and then three steps back.

Wishing you both a good week.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Tess,

Well, Lizzy if I dare say it I do think I am a bit better, I still get up with that sinking feeling that something awful is going to happen but I do feel better later on. Go back to GP in two weeks. The side effects of the others were weight gain, sickness and just generally feeling unwell. Glad alan has another interview, think my son is going to be in the same position soon as there is talk of the retail chain he works for closing down sad Mum is as normal as is usual for her and is still really happy in the complex where she lives. So I guess we can`t ask for anymore.

Tess, I bet the girls are getting excited about the wedding, I hope you all have a lovely day. I take 25mg amitriptyline for pain and insomnia, 10mg is a very low dose, my friend couldn`t cope with just 10 and had to go back onto 25, so you may well manage without it.

I still have a big problem with swollen feet, which makes the skin feel so tight that it`s going to split. No one seems to know why!! Ray`s arthritis has been really bad and I haven`t even been able to get him into the car. We should have been going to a christening in Yorkshire at the weekend but will not be able to go.

Well hope you are both ok and not in too much pain, still waiting to be able to get a new phone, think I might be getting my daughter`s when she upgrades hers.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Linda

Linda it is good you are feeling better. I am so pleased that your mum is doing well and enjoying it in the nursing home.

Yes the girls are getting really excited and not long now the wedding is on Saturday. I do hope the weather will stay ok. I shall be looking after Sophie and Molly for three days while Amy and Andrew are away.

We are then going away from 6th June until 12th June so really looking forward to a nice long rest.

I hope something can be done about your swollen feet!

No Lizzy not stopped my amitripyline yet. I hope to be able to on Friday when I next go back to see the gp.

It is good that Alan has got another job interview lined up!

He has tried so hard to get another job.

It has been such a hectic month in May!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

I hope you are both doing ok. The Wedding went really well and had a lovely day. Amy looked stunning as did Molly and Sophie. Looked after the girls for the last three days after her wedding. Didn't realise how exhausting it was going to be. Still getting over it now. Looking forward to a rest from Monday as away for 6 days. Need to recharge those batteries lol.

Linda how is all your family. Is Ann still doing ok on her own. How is Ray and your mum? I hope your son is doing ok too. How are you feeling now?

Lizzy bet you are looking forward to the summer holidays now and your camping trips. It will soon come around quick.

Stewart on nights tonight! Got Chris here with me. Been watching Britains got talent.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

Glad the wedding went ok Tess, and I can imagine how tiring it must have been!! I hope you enjoy your break and stay pain free. Are you stopping the amitriptyline because they are not working or because you can manage without them? My feet are still very swollen they feel like the skin will split sometimes! See doc again a week on fri. Might make a second app as that really is to revue the depression and I`m worried I might not get everything in in one app.

How did Alan`s interview go, Lizzy? is he still doing the temp job? I hope your councelling is going ok, I had an assessment app but find it so difficult to interact with people I don`t know that it would have taken so many app before I could talk about my problems that i decided to leave it for the time being.

Well will catch up again soon, take care

Linda

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

Seem to be threads everywhere.

Hope you are both well ?

Alan has his interview on the 20th and his contract ends at the end of July so I hope he gets this job.

Wishing you both all the best and a good weekend.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy and Tess,

Well, maybe one day something will go right for us! I was just begining to feel better on the new anti depressants and starting to get into a routine using the techniques I learnt when we went on the Expert Patient Programme. Then Mum started to get more confused, thinking people were taking her clothes and food, when everything was where it should be! The carers are being brilliant, keeping an extra eye on her etc. Had to have the emergency doc out to Ray at the weekend, he has a severe chest infection. That seems to have been passed on to chris and now me.

Need to keep going until after tomorrow as Mum has a yearly revue with the GP I can ask a carer to take her, but think that will just confuse her more!

Hope you had a good break Tess, and come back well refreshed! How did Alan`s interview go, was it a success?

Well catch up again soon,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Linda

Sorry not been on for a while. Had a good time away and well rested! Although when we got back Chris told us he had found a lump in his testicle. Went with him to the doctors on Monday and he found a cyst and another lump so wanted him to have a scan. Told him would be within two weeks but luckily he got a call same day for an appointment today.

Luckily all is well and it was another cyst. He has been told to keep an eye on it and if anything changes to go back to see gp. Was a shock and worry to come home to. Not sure if he found it while we were away. Think he didn't want to say until we were back so we could enjoy our hol.

Such a relief all is ok.

How are your swollen feet now Linda! Are they any better! How is Ray's, Chris and your own chest infection. Hope you are all feeling better now.

How is your mum now and did her yearly revue go ok. I think we keep going and going and it isn't until we finally rest that we seem to then pick something up and become ill. I stopped the amytripline on my gp request as the gabepentin tabs were helping be better. He said it is not a very nice drug to be on and would be better coming off it.

Lizzy I hope all goes well with Alan's interview on the 20th. How are you doing Lizzy! I you still seeing your counsellor. How is your despression now.

Been busy catching up on the washing, ironing and gardening since we have been back.

Poppy is now 4 months old and changing all the time. With being away from the girls for 6 days I saw how much they had all changed. Sophie was asking where nanny and grandad had gone. She was so pleased as was Molly to see us.

Well take care both and catch up again soon.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Lizzy,

What a shock to come home to, just glad everything is ok! I have to discuss the amitriptyline next time I go, because there have been some trials which have found new side effects. My feet are still swollen and am no further finding out why, but my GP has been concentrating on my depression and other mental issues which I didnt even realise I had! lol

Well tomorrow we are going with Ann and Chris to Kent for the weekend. This is the first time we have been away since Ray`s heart attack, so I`m a bit apprenhensive and wondering how he will be. It`s a big step for him to even think about it never mind agree to go!

Hope things are ok with you Lizzy and that Alan`s interview went well.

Will update you on our weekend when we get back.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

Tess I'm glad to hear that you had a good holiday.

Linda wishing you all the best for your weekend away. I'm sorry to hear that your feet are not improving it must be making life difficult and painful for you.

Alan still hasn't heard back from the interview yet I hate all this waiting.

I am actually begining to feel more human.

Take care.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Linda & Lizzy

Good to see you both on! I hope they can work out why your feet keep swelling Linda. Must be really painful for you. I do hope you all have a lovely weekend away.

Lizzy i do hope Alan I hears something soon. Must be really frustrating for you having to wait. I do feel for you with all you have been through last year and this. Its time you were given a break. Good to hear that you are feeling human again lol.

Saw gp yesterday and because since i have not slept very well with coming of the amitripline I am to restart it. I don't mind going back on it as i did sleep better. I also asked if i could take another gabepentin in the morning on waking for pain. Gp said I could take one then for pain and give it a try. Still getting over a cold and my throat has been sore. Got gp to look at it and said it looked red but didn't want to give me anything to take if it will go by itself.

We go away on Monday 11th July to Castleton for 4 days. Stewart is on nights now for the next three days.

Will catch up with you both again soon.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess and Linda,

Hope you have enjoyed the warm weather.

Linda how are your swollen feet a little better I hope? How are Ray and Your mum? How did your weekend in Kent go?

Tess have a good time at Castleton, How is your throat?

I have been trying to sort an appointment with my endocriniologist I was due to go back in the middle of April so last month I tried to find out why I hadn't had an appointment and I was told that they hadn't got to my name yet!!! So I begged for an appointment and the first one available was Sept 6th so I took that. I then wrote to my consultant to see if he could see me sooner and he wrote back saying no. Then last week an appt. came through with a different consultant for the end of this month.

It doesn't look like Alan will keep the job he is in as it was to work on the new train contract that the derby train makers didn't get. So by the end of this month he will be out of work again.

Wishing you both a good weekend.

Lizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.