Newly diagnosed for LS and auto-immune disease.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

Thought I'd start a new post as there doesn't seem to much recent activity on here.

I am newly diagnosed with LS and auto-immune disease. To be honest, the auto-immune diagnosis is a relief as I've felt like a hypochondriac at times over the past 10 years.

Anyway, I was just curious to hear from anyone who has both, not that it seems to make any difference to symptoms. LS is still frustratingly painful. I've been in tears on numerous occasions when I just can't stop the itching and want to sleep.

Look forward to hearing back and sharing experiences and treatments.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 2007 and then the problems down below started to develop and after lots of GP visits being told all was fine, I was eventually diagnosed with LS in 2011 by a gynaecologist. By then everything had virtually disappeared (as in labia, clitoral hood) and intercourse was extremely painful (which is why I originally went to the GP) and has been non-existent for the past four years. It is all very upsetting:(

• Posted

Hi Lodge. Sounds very familiar, I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis too. That was picked up by a new doctor noticing my Vitiligo (apparently also autoimmune), and testing my antibodies at the appointment I made for LS! Nothing if not thorough, she has been brilliant. I totally understand the intimacy side of things. Far too painful and, yes, upsetting. Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Good morning Kat and welcome!

OH my, there are plenty of us speaking up daily... not sure why you haven't found messages and discussions. I've been on here for about 2 years and am so grateful for this community of women and men who help each other with this LS. I think I spent 20 hours a day for days on end reading on this website forum back at least 6 years.

Kat I'm now 73, and supposedly retired. When I diagnosed myself courtesy of Google, I went on a "rampage" to figure this thing out. Any websites I found mentioned that they didn't know if LS was an autoimmune or not. I finally found one article that did.. anyway it is now generally accepted to be an autoimmune disease.

Let's get you comfortable as fast as possible. Here are the two articles I created for myself and anyone here from what I discovered trying to follow my nose (I'm a landscape architect not a doctor). IF you take the time to read through them you'll end up knowing more than most docs. I only used those investigative MD's and ND's to built out a protocol to help us all.

OH, by the way, apparently over 30% of LS sufferers are also hypothyroid (me too).

Here's the patient website link to my discussion and nutritional support discoveries:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pathway-into-and-out-of-autoimmune-diseases--661033

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/nutritional-support-protocol-for-autoimmune-diseases-636963

See you on the other side of a bit of reading.... smiles.

• Posted

Hi Nancy, wow you've been busy and I've got a lot of reading to do! Thank you so much.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough into all the threads to see daily postings. Glad you replied to this. Yes, I've been confirmed with hashimoto's too.

I'm curious to know if there's triggers, as I had 2 nasty bouts of shingles before any of these symptoms appeared, (apart from Raynauds, mentioned below by Sue, which I've had for years.

It's all beginning to link up. I look forward to reading your links and drawing on your experiences. 🙂

• Posted

Hi Kat,

About the time of my L S diagnoses three years ago I have Raynauds and like you have felt very tired as well, arthritis seems worse as well. I use the clob twice a week for maintenance but never none per week. My Raynauds I wear gloves alot.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Sue. The fatigue is frustrating isn't it? I can't seem to get any umphh! 🙄

• Posted

Hi, My best recommendation for you and others who have crazy itching, like me, with LS, is antihistamines. i take a small piece like 1/4 at night. Helps tremendously. If it makes me tired, no problem. I am going to sleep anyway. I always spray after urination w spring water also.

• Posted

Thanks Cynthia. Have been taking the antihistamines regularly, otherwise I don't know where I'd be!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.