Newly diagnosed - help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just diagnosed today after months of suffering. I thought it was just vaginal dryness due to menopause. Pleased to be getting treatment at last. However, can anyone tell me how long before split and itch subsides ? I have been given steroid cream to use twice a day and HRT tablets -,one a day.

Widowed but have met a terrific man and we have planned a weekend away beginning of February !! We're not close enough yet ( or intimate) for me to tell him. Panic !!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've has LS for about 6 years now and its pretty well under control. I can eat pretty well whatever I like, the key for me seems to be stress management and regular steroid aplication - a very thin layer of dermovate once weekly as a maintenance dose. I'm back in my jeans, worn a bit looser than before, and Im even riding my horse two or three times a week. Patience - you'll get there! By the way, when I was first diagnosed I had a big split at the six o'clock position and it took about six weeks to heal enough for sex. Depending on how long you;ve had the Ls you might and the degree of damage (if any) you might have to experiment with positions to find what works best.
    • Posted

Thanks Kate207. Yes it's at my six o'clock position also. Absolute agony isn't it ? Just climbing into the car is an ordeal. No wonder you couldn't ride your horse !!! Glad you have it under control though.... Gives me hope.

As for sex.... Poor guy he is such a lovely man but I doubt he'll put up with this. Such a shame as I am so fond of him

Anyway.... Take Care and Happy New Year when it arrives !!!

• Posted

PS - can relate to looser clothing. I've always worn thongs. Went to Marks today and bought a supply of sensible pants ...... Needs must - but I'm turning into my mother
  • Posted

Not all men are in relationships for sex. You must be a lovely person in his eyes or he wouldn't still be there. Give yourself some tlc. Be kind to yourself and talk to your man. My husband was relieved when we decided not to bother. That was nearly 10 years ago. We have a better relationship without the pressure to perform . Yes we miss that side of our life as it was good but it was only about 3 per cent of our time together (if that) Now though we concentrate on our other interests. I am not advocating you give up just that you talk openly. At least you will know where you stand. Our imagination often blows things out of proportion. I would rather deal with reality. Good luck whatever you do. Horrible position to be in - I know xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Chrisy. He is a lovely man. And you are quite correct there is far more to us than sex. He is very open with his feelings for me which I find extremely unique. I think it's probably me that over thinks things and assume he will expect intimacy. Can't deny I am attracted to him in that way also however we will see what happens naturally. So far so good with treatment - early days yet.

On reading some of the posts on here my problem is minimal compared to others. I feel deeply for all with this condition and quite humbled. So many women in constant agony searching for relief. This forum is a true Godsend it really is. Thanks again for your wise words xx

• Posted

Another topical medication which has steroid and anti yeast is Mycolog Ointment, specifically for vaginal area. I used to work in ob gyn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.