Feel better not worse my doc won't do anything else now until

I have my next blood test at the end of June if anyone can advise

I would really appreciate it I take my meds in the morning and I also

Have to take iron

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Was it your Doctors intention to have you on 100mg? I agree I think hes raising your dose too quickly. My TSH was 12.7 when diagnosed in August 2015. Im on 50mg and it was 5.6 in November.  As Im still having symptoms I think is still to high. My Dr thinks that TSH level is o.k. Im waiting on blood results from 2 weeks ago and if it hasnt dropped to around 3 im asking to be put on 75mg.
    • Posted

I agree that the dose was increased much too fast especially without doing a blood test first.

I am sorry to hear yet another account of the signs and symptoms being apparently ignored and the decision is beong made purely on the blood test results.

I would be interested to know if anyone has any data etc on who devised the normal values of thyroid function tests/screening?

that sihns and sym[toms ate apparebnbtl ignored and that too much notice os taken ogf blo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.