Newly treated!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I had a high TSH back in 2013, it was 23 (0.2 - 4.2) FT4 10.2 (12 - 22) treatment was started in Nov 2017 and my thyroid levels are

TSH 6.1 (0.2 - 4.2)

FT4 12.8 (12 - 22)

FT3 4.0 (3.1 - 6.8)

Thyroid peroxidase antibody 804 (<34)

Thyroglobulin antibody 285.3 (<115)

Symptoms are constipation, thinning hair, tiredness, feeling cold, sweats, dizziness, weight gain, joint pain and heavy periods 

Are they all hypothyroid symptoms?

Thanks 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There are also a lot of people who do just fine on levo ( if that is what you are being treated with) but we don’t usually hear from them because they are out there living their  lives.

I personally do not think you have been on your treatment  long enough to say it is that that is causing your symptoms

• Posted

Hi jojo,

Your symptoms all sound like they are thyroid related. I had thrlyroid cancer and no longer have my thyroid so I have taken different thyroid meds for over 20 years. I started with generic levo but then after my thyroid was removed I got on levoxyl. I was on that till they changed manufacturers and I started feeling worse and couldn't figure out why till I noticed the only difference was manufacturer. So I looked up the o.j ingredients and a filler used was aluminum which I am sensitive to and cant use antiperspirant because of that ingredient. So I told my dr and they said that it could be giving me a reaction. I switched to tirosint which is very expensive unfortunately but it made a world of difference for me. My problem is that I actually feel better when I am closer to the hypothyroid range. Anytime they get my levels at a 2 I have terrible hyperthyroidism symptoms, but because I am in the normal range they say I am fine and it must be something else. I believe firmly that we know our bodies and we know what it's like to have the condition and you need a dr that will treat you not just by lab ranges because one size does not fit all. I went through four different endocrinologists before I found one who would actually listen to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.