Nexium for ulcers

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone used nexium for stomach ulcer or GERD? My anxiety is through the roof right now worrying it's something worse

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have used that. I didnt have any issues with anxiety from it  it is a antihistamine but for the gut. I like pepcid better personally. When digestion is awry usually so is anxiety though, it might have nothing to do with the nexium. 
    • Posted

It takes a lot of time,  the pepcid worked too. I used prevacid a long time as well. I think nexium was purple? It didnt work as well for me as the others. But i do know get b12 sublinguals and take one a day under your tongue. These ppis stop it from absorbing in your gut, it all gets managed but it takes time. Diet plays  a huge role in GERD. For the ulcers they heal and most drs check for h pylori as well. Bloodtest. It actually writes on the bloodtest diagnosis which is interesting, they have tons of GERD diets on line, lots and lots of water.
    • Posted

For the ukcers it hurt. I didnt know i had them haha. I was having tightness in my ight upper chest area and went the to doctor and he said heartburn. I went to a gastro they did an endoscopy and they said i had healing ulcers and gerd. It hurts, you bloat, burns a bit, you get shaky if get hungry, for the gerd it was irratating my throat. That i inew. Can feel it. I didnt have the silent type. As i am older now less acid is produced so it gets better.
    • Posted

Oh ok I have slight burning in my belly and nausea and I feel like I burp a little more. But I don't feel anything in my throat except twice yesterday when I burped a little came up. Idk if that's from the same thing. The dr dibs one blood work and then gave me the nexium and told me to take it for two weeks and if it's an ulcer it should heal it

• Posted

Then do as he says and change your diet. Something is knawing at your lining. Diet is a very big factor in GERD. Lots and lots of water..you want to wash down acid and reflux.
    • Posted

Hey Lisa is there a tight kind of aching feeling when you take the pepcid I kinda think these means that the ulcer is healing. I would really like to get your thoughts on this?
    • Posted

ulcers heal. I don't remember getting issues taking pepcid except about one hour after i didnt feel reflux. The tight aching is the ulcer i would think but they do heal.  My father had them and way back then they knew so little they had him using mylanta  didnt heal them, it worsen and they had to actually fix it. Happily they have since invented proton pump gmeds. So dont worry much thats stuff all heals nicely. Stay away from soicy foods,sauces and anything that bugs you. You need to eat small meals rather then big ones and i kept it boring and bland. Steel,oats for breakfast..common sense stuff basically. I was diagnosed after the fact when thry were in the healing stage.but they had given me pepcid for reflux so it worked out. You might just be feeling little spasms nithing at all to worry about. Your poo would tell you if anything goes wring anyway. Jet black poo would be go back to the dr. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.