Nexium for ulcers

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone used nexium for stomach ulcer or GERD? My anxiety is through the roof right now worrying it's something worse

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had all the tests for ulcers and reflux including the scope and despite the gnawing feeling, all tests have come back normal. The dr has suggested that maybe it's just stress and high anxiety making me feel all tight and tender in my upper abdomen. Feels like a gnawing hunger pain...but it never goes away even when I do eat. I do know the holidays have brought stress, but I swear this feels like it won't let up even when I am distracted or relaxed. Taking Prilosec, but since the scope said there was no reflux or ulcers...don't know whether to bother taking it

• Posted

The nexium seems to help when I take it. The other day I forgot and I was on the couch with my stomach burning! I had to wait 3 hours to have an empty stomach to take it
    • Posted

Sounds horrible but this happened to me and had to have the camera test. Think it is called a gastroscopy. Okay when I knew someone, something was looking into it and doing the appropriate test.. Turned out to be a hiatus hernia and a bit of gastritis!!! LOL! Not nice but at least gt some answers for the heartburn etc. Now on gaviscon. ? I was thinking of chickening out on the tests but once I got to the hospital and saw others in similar situation it calmed me down!! Nothing else did.

• Posted

I'm going thru the same thing now....I know I've had reflux for quite sometime now, but lately I've had burning in the belley and loose stool. I have an appt on the 22nd of this month with gastro doctor, but tommorow I'm going to general practitioner........reading this group helped me calm down......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.