Next week!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm going in for my surgery next Wednesday. I packed my bag yesterday. Nighties, pants, toiletries.. is there anything else u girls would suggest that I need to pack? Especially u girls that have had ur surgery xx

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I took 2 nighties, 1 pair of pyjamas. Knickers, towels, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, dressing gown, even my makeup bag with loads in their you really don't need as much as I took in as my hubby and son carried to bags out when I left really pointless the most thing I used was my phone to text people. And take a pen in something I forgot. Good luck for next week xx
  • Posted

Hi depending on how long you going to be in I found dry shampoo a big help made me feel better as I could not shower or have a bath  and I was in for 5 days and most hospitals you have to pay for TV  which is expensive so take money ,also they gave me some peppermint to drink helps with wind
  • Posted

i took a book but never ended up reading it, but take one just in case you get bored. used my phone and earphones to listern to my fav radio station, really pased the time, even kept it playing at night, helped me sleep loads. Iight weight nightie, took a t -shirt type one as like mentioned, best for catheter and the hosptial was BOILING. Something like mints or hard boiled sweets to suck in case you get a tickle in your throat as coughing after my myomectomy was PAINFUL. I took usb charger that I used on the hospital screen phone thing thats over the bed. 

wish you all the best

• Posted

Thanks honey. I'm going to be in my own wee room. So ill be a to have my TV on for background noise. Fingers crossed I'll sleep ok x
    • Posted

it is hard to sleep, i was in for 5 days and the first night, nurses were doing obs (temp, bp, pulse) every hour or two so was constantly being woken up.
    • Posted

I forgot about that part. Och well ill wait and see. Thanks xxxx
  • Posted

What procedure are you having done and have they said how long you might be in for.As you read our comments it can vary a lot from each hospital.

xx

• Posted

I'm getting lavh. Getting kept in till Fri minimum but probably Fri. Consultant will be giving me iv antibiotics for 2 days following and oral antibiotics for 5 days as I'm prone to post op infections. For some reason I always end up with infections but this has always been the case since I was a kid x
  • Posted

Hi Catlady!!

Good luck to you!!!

Your question has helped me as well when my time comes to go in. Thank you for that!

I said before and I will say it again, this is a fantastic support group for us girls.

It sure does make things a bit easier for us.

Take care!!

Let us know please how you are when you're home.

Debbie

• Posted

Take some Dulcoease to make it easier to go to the loo! The only pain I suffered after my op was the discomfort after 2 days due to not going!  If you are having a vaginal procedure you should be fine. I have recovered so well and had no pain at all. 

Best wishes

Shani

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.