Night sweats!!!! Arghhh!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

Had vaginal hysterectomy last August and am feeling great... Until bedtime.

I have read that black cohosh tablets can help with hot flushes, they seem to be so frequent and intense since I had my op bit reluctant as have read the side effects, and also not sure how long you can take them for.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what are you doing for it if anything????

I wasn't keen on HRT as some say they have had to try many before finding one that suits them. Any advice great fully received.... Can't deal with working full time and not sleeping at night because of it.

Cheers ladies

Jo

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tried not to take anything for 6 months after my hysterectomy but could not function with not much sleep, went on lowest hrt tablet & they are have gone totally, I'm not allowed to take herbal stuff as suffer with high bp & my gp told me I was wasting money buying menopace, I did not drink caffeine before my operation & was already eating healthy, hrt was right for me. X
  • Posted

Hi Jo

I saw my GP on Friday and after a discussion and taking my blood pressure she has prescribed Premarin. Too early to tell yet if they help but fingers crossed.

• Posted

Hi. Hopefully that will work for you. Is it gel or tablets?

Please keep me informed how you get on with it

Jo x

• Posted

Started hrt 6 weeks after mine.  'Elleste solo'.  Its helped a lot.  Just as well as the only one offered to me.. Some medications interact with these natural remedies so need to be aware if taking other meds...wasn't suitable for me, so giving the hrt a go for a short time due to my background. Hopefully will be enough. Best wishes with your continuing recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.