Night time pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys,  I have been on before  but this is a new problem.  I am doing exceptionally well with all aspects except sleeping.  I am nearly 4 weeks post op. And during the day, going ahead in leaps and bounds (not literally). BUT I sleep for a couple of hours and then wake with my knee very painful.  I get up and walk around and after a couple of hours and some panadien forte can get another few hours.  The broken sleep is more exhausting than all the exercise during the day.  Any suggestions

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do this most nights and I am 5 week TKR I am fine in the daytime.  My one salvation is my tablet and I play candy crush until  I get sleepy then sleep for another couple of hours, maybe rad some enails then sleep again, this definitely works I am getting at least 5 hours sleep per night not good but it is something. I thik it is because I was very active before the op and now I am just sitting and walking a bit nothing really that tires me out - hope this helps..
  • Posted

With the same problem, 7 weeks post op.... sleeping?  what sleep. 1 or 1 1/2 or 2 hour sessions at the most. Pillow between knees for comfort, at leastccan sleep on my side now which helps me relax.  I also take a shower before bed, a milky drink and pain tabs.  I can't sleep/nap during the day, if I did I would feel like I had been on the drink.... so manage this boring bit to read, watch TV... and just learned I had put 2 lbs on when I went for a blood test for my diabetes...so will have to lower my carb intake and anyway don't need calories as not moving around enough.  Seeing consultant next Wed so hopefully will have better news of my leg not straightening as well as it should.  Actually only 4 weeks in as regards exercising as I had three rotten weeks of cellulitis after coming out of hospital to contend with.
  • Posted

Thank you so much to everyone who answered my query about sleep, or lack of.  It seems that I am doing better than most so I had better stop whinging. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.