No appetite

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all it’s me again with more worry! This last week I have had very little appetite and burping hours after I have eaten. Wore jeans yesterday which felt uncomfortable around my middle. Have definitely put weight on. My gran had ovarian cancer and now I’m in meltdown. Can you please tell me if you have experienced this xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate, yes I feel totally the same, this past year I’ve been getting symptoms for about 2 weeks every month, but this past month has been the worst - constant nausea, no appetite at all, depressed, major anxiety, waking at 5am every day, bloated - everything is tight ! And now today pain in  my left shoulder and under my armpit - wtf??!! Been so worried I have cancer, this forum has kept me soon, really hope this passes soon for all of us x
  • Posted

Hi Kate... this has been an ongoing issue for me and I even had a camera down my throat due to constant wind and feeling nausea and I also developed IBS.

This is due to hormone level fluctuations and its awful.... But in time it will pass. Our digestion is slowing down which leads to build up of gas and the belching with me can be awful.

But it does calm down with time and I am living proof. I too thought id ovarian cancer as your mind goes into overdrive.  Hang tight. Do you live in the UK? I get wind relief tablets from boots their own brand and they help me so much with the wind and nausea and I have tried everything and these are the best. A blue box with 36 in a pack. Large white tablets and carry them in your handbag with you all the time.

Drink water - and keep an eye on diet. I also take a probiotic tablet each morning which has helped. Got this from the health shop. Hope you feel better soon. CK

• Posted

Hi carol thank you so much. I do live in the U.K. wind both ends is a real problem for me. I have never had a huge appetite ever and am someone that rarely feels hunger and I think I’m overthinking it because of my grandmother I’ve been using milk of magnesia and started taking a probiotic yesterday. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.