No effect.

Posted , 10 users are following.

i take up to ten or more 10mg diazepam a day but it has no effect on me. It should have some effect shouldn't it.     I buy my pills on the net. Perhaps they are not the real thing.....has anybody noticed this effect?

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you had 10 10mg Diazepam I'm pretty sure you'd be in a coma.

I'd stop taking them right away and go and see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Roy

If taking 10 or more a day has no effect

And your buying from the net , I would cease taking & buying

This might sound silly but why are you taking them

What diagnosis are you treating

Last of all if you feel the need to take diazepam for whatever reason

I would make an appointment Asap

Regards daz

• Posted

For anxiety & social phobia. My doctor only prescribes 28  2mg tablets a month. This is no good to me. I use those up in two days. My anxiety is so bad I have never had sex or a girlfriend.......I have posted on this site before under the title lack of intamacy.......There is just no help out there.....ROY.
  • Posted

In the UK the accepted safe period for using Diazepam (Vallium) is 8 to 12 weeks because, in common with all benzodiazepines it is addictive in it's nature.

Although Diazepam is considered to be a very safe drug, it is available in the \UK by prescription only, and should be used under the supervision of a doctor.

The accepted daily dose of this drug is 4 - 40 mg per day, and a maximum of 10 mg of Diazepam should be taken at one time.

If you are buying this drug on the internet there is no guarantee that what you are buying is guenuine.

• Posted

The should read 'genuine'
    • Posted

Hello again Roy. It is a well-known, well-documented fact that there are many non-genuine medications available on the internet.

By non-genuine I mean 'imitation', 'synthetic', 'artificial' medications that do not conform to the set of chemical ingredients and measures as specified by the patent manufacturer.

It all depends upon where and from whom you purchased the drugs, but a rule of thumb is that all medications should be acquired from UK licenced pharmacists holding a UK accredited four-year MPharm degree and who are registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).

If you have purchase your drugs from such a source then it is likely that they are the genuine product.

• Posted

Sorry it is under the heading "FEAR OF INTAMACY"
  • Posted

Sorry, you may think this is very blunt but YOU MUST BE MAD! You are buying tablets off the internet and have absolutely no idea what is in them.  You are stuffing yourself with far too many, whether prescribed or not and yet they still aren't doing you any good.   The police are now able to stop anyone driving and check whether they are taking more than the prescribed medication so if you are a driver and you get stopped you could get into a lot of trouble, never mind what the tablets could be doing to your body and mind.

Why are you letting yourself have so much anxiety that you are unable to even have a girlfriend let alone sex.? I don't know how old you are but surely you can't let anxiety ruin your life?  I used to get anxiety attacks every so often but nothing that stopped me doing what I was afraid of. It was usually to do with going away on holiday but I still went.  I got so fed up with having panic attacks that I decided enough was enough.  I recorded a message on my ipad and gave myself a good talking to.  I told myself that I was pathetic for letting my anxiety control my life and how lucky I was to have a family and friends.  People who were half my age were doing very important jobs like surgeons or airline pilots and there was me who had a panic attack at the thought of going on holiday!  Just listening to me giving myself a good telling off gave me just what I needed to stop the anxiety cycle.  Why don't you make the decision that your anxiety will NOT ruin your life otherwise what's the alternative, have a miserable life, never having a girlfriend and being a drug addict which anyone can see is FAR worse than being a normal, happy person who doesn't rely on pills to get them through the day and who has a partner and family to look after.

Sorry if you think this is harsh but maybe you need a stern talking to to show you that doing what you are doing and living your life in a permanent anxious state isn't the way to go and that the first thing to do is to not order anything else off the internet and the second thing is to tell your anxiety to get lost because you want a NORMAL life from now on.

• Posted

As it happens I am 69 years of age @ never had a partner due to some traumatic event when I was a child............what would you do under the circumstances......I'd be interested to know.
    • Posted

PS...if your really interested read my post "FEAR OF INTAMACY" it's one of the posts on this anxiety site.
  • Posted

I am also 69 but surely you must see that a traumatic event that happened when you were a child has stopped you having a happy and fulfilling life?  Maybe it's too late for you to do the things you want to do, if you want to do them now, so it's hard to know what to say.  As for what I would do, I wouldn't have let it get that bad in the first place.   It's sad to think that you have let that event so many years ago affect your whole life when it could have been so different.
    • Posted

I get you are trying to use the 'tough love ' approach with Roy, but I think with respect I think we shouldn't be overtly judgemental in our advice. Anxiety and associated disorders have a range of triggers and it's all very relative to the individual as is how we deal and manage our experiences. If it was as easy as you say then we would all be recovered over night! I'm glad you have found a path that worked for you.
    • Posted

I have been seening psychiatrists @ doctors since I was in my twenties so don't try & make it sound as if I haven't tried. Plus girls used to approach me I never approached them but it didn't make any difference I still shook like a leaf & made my excuses to leave. Anyway why read this? Read my "fear of intamacy....if you can be bothered.
    • Posted

Where statements of fact are concerned  an attempt at 'empathising, is preferable to 'sympathising', and either of these is preferable to criticism.

We can only be critical of a person's life if we have stood in their shoes and walked through their life experiences ourselves, which is something that we cannot do.

One word of kindness which costs us nothing but is worth a thousand good thoughts.

Please bear these things in mind Spindles.

• Posted

Archemedes I have to say I'm always very impressed with your wisdom and intelligence within your posts!

Thank you.

Francesca

• Posted

Thank you Francesca. I do my best to relieve people of the heavy weights that they are carrying and the ghosts that seem to be following them.

Regards

Rod

• Posted

Why should you listen to anyone Roy?

Of course not, you know best don't you, and that's why you won't even consider the possibility that there are others in a far worse state than you are.

• Posted

I know there are others in a worse state than me..........But they are not me are they
    • Posted

So start thinking outside the box and tell yourself and understand that you are not nearly as badly-off as you could be, and if others can cope with far worse problems, then why can't you allow yourself to move-on.

Don't dare give me that 'I suffer with depression' routine because you already know that others suffer worse than you do, and they just get on with their lives.

You are in the prime of your life now Roy and the only thing that is stopping you from going forward is you. And by going forward I don't mean finding a woman, I mean just start learning how to live in your own skin and get along with life with all it's ups and downs.

• Posted

He also walks on the water in a pair of plastic sandals from Tesco.
    • Posted

Nice to hear that you are still alive and well Roy.

For a while I thought you might have moved-on to pastures new.

How are you doing?

• Posted

As long as those 'pastures' work for you Roy, that can only be good for you.

I know you thought of me a jugemental, but that was not my intention.

I do care a great deal about the problems that people have in their lives, but I still have to learn that I cannot cure every ill that affects everyone.

I really do wish you well. 

• Posted

YES ROY I'M STILL HERE, but perhaps only one half of you (or less) still is?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.