No effect.

Posted , 10 users are following.

i take up to ten or more 10mg diazepam a day but it has no effect on me. It should have some effect shouldn't it.     I buy my pills on the net. Perhaps they are not the real thing.....has anybody noticed this effect?

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It is not strictly necessary to have a partner, but it is very important to have friends.
    • Posted

Whoever told you that is talking through their ears.

Read up on Celibacy Roy.

What would you do if, like many of our brave soldiers today who suffer mind-boggling injuries you simply could not have sex?

Would you bleat on an on about it, or would you do as they have to do and get on with their lives and most importantly, MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY.

• Posted

well I haven't had any friends since I was about thirty.....and  It hasn't bothered me. I think I was when they all started getting married. And no couple wants to know the single guy.
    • Posted

Rubbish. Join a golf club, take up an interest, get out and about.

Do stop feeling sorry for yourself.

As I have explained, there are people in a far worse position than you.

Injured soldiers, victims of road accidents, people born with missing faculties, children BORN with cancer, Cancer sufferers. The list goes on and on - Just do some research.

• Posted

i haven't got ay interests especially golf.......I suffer from depression don't you understand how that effects you?      I wondered when you'd bring up the old standbys about people worse than yourself. And lo and behold you didn't dissapoint me. 
    • Posted

I know a great deal about depression, anxiety disorders and medical conditions generally Roy, and I also recognise someone who is so selfishly wrapped-up in their own little peevish world that they do not give a tinkers-cuss about anything and everything around them.

I am very pleased indeed that I have not disappointed you Roy because that is an indication to me that, by challenging you I have been doing my job.

Now you need to grow up and move on with your life and stop this pig-headed and peevish attitude to all things non-Roy.

• Posted

It does not matter one jot what you think of me.

What is more important is that you allow yourself to know the real you without any of the hang-ups that you have so lovingly cultivated, and try to coexist with it all peacefully, and then move on.

Can you not see the immense rut that you have created for yourself that has been allowed to feed and fester on you like a cancer for half a century, all based on an unfortunate childhood incident?

No matter how dirty your past is, your future is spotless if you allow it to be.

• Posted

From what I haveread on celibacy it seems to involve priests & nuns who interfere with little boys.....so sex is still there in the background.
    • Posted

Roy, you will read and take-in only the bits that it suits you to take in, but that is just a part of your general negativity towards anything and anyone.

Just for the record, not all priest, nuns, politicans, parents, teachers, doctors and nurses molest children.   

Until such time as you start to think more positively about things, your road to recovery and to a brighter future is going to be endless - that is if you really do want to try and find any sort of quality of life that you can find acceptable.

Maybe in your eyes you are quite happy peevishly complaining about how life has dealt you a fixed deck, who knows?

All I know is that you need to give yourself a break and try to forget that you among lots of others have had a rough time.

If the 'caveman approach' actually worked then we would still be living in caves, and one of the reasons that we don't is because we as a species have learned by our mistakes and the mistakes of others and then moved on.

That doesn't mean that we won't still mess up, it means that we will learn to do better next time.

• Posted

Earlier on in this very long thread, someone had a go at me for being too harsh, well, looks like everyone is getting a bit fed up with offering advice and having it thrown back in their faces.  In an earlier message I quoted the saying "flogging a dead horse" well there's another one that fits better "banging your head against a brick wall".  Roy obviously doesn't want any advice because he's got very fixed ideas and no amount of "there, there's" will make the slightest bit of difference.  Life's too short to waste any more time offering sympathy.
    • Posted

Don't forget to buy dr Gilmartins book...........YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.
    • Posted

And don't you forget to listen to and absorb the life experiences and lessons that others have learned, and are trying to give you the benefit of on this forum.
    • Posted

I completely admire your peserverence and rational approach with roy and his problems.  In fact it made me cry.  I think a lot of people with anxiety worry that they'll get older and not have lived there lives fully.  I'm 42 and a single parent and worry about that sometimes.  However, your advice could apply to many and i'm not sure roy does, but i certainly appreciate what you have posted. xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words..

I'm not sure Roy has grasped the fact that I really do care about his predicament. There is nothing synthetic about what I have told him, but he has to realize that it cannot be done to him, he has to open his mind to the suggestion that there are always other options, and once he has done that, then do something about it.

Thank you once again.

• Posted

Look up on google love shy "wise geek"& maybe you will understand what I am dealing with.
    • Posted

Which bit would you like me to look up Roy, 'Love Shy', or 'Wise Geek', or 'Love Shy Wise Geek'?
    • Posted

All of it "love " love shy wise geek"
    • Posted

Well Roy, none of it is very complimentary

Encyopedia Dramatica says

LoveShy

Love-shy" is a special term for social anxiety disorder, a massive victim complex, and a possible hatred of all women. It's not recognized as a legitimate diagnosis by anyone except for Dr. Brian Gilmartin, who's a f**ing idiot relegated to teaching college out in rural Montana since his crazy book about this sh*t got him fired.

People who call themselves "Love-shy" are making an excuse for why no human being wants to talk to them, let alone f**k them. "Love-Shy" men avoid all possibility of rejection, because they have ceased any attempt to relate to other humans. This allows them to stay exactly the same, but thanks to Love-Shy, they get attention and pity from strangers on the internet which makes up for the fact that real people don't like them.

The Urban Dictionary states

love-shy

love-shy men are unable to get girlfriends/wives either because they don't know how, or they are too affraid.

Love-shyness lasts for life. People don't grow out of it

So often mispercieved as homosexual, however they're straighter than a beam of light

So one source says that it is a cop-out to gain attention and implies that Dr. Brian Gilmartin is a charlatan, and the another source maintains the men involved are either too afraid or simply don't know how to approach women.

Which brings me to the point of asking you Roy if you think you can ever get yourself out of this deep hole, an imaginary one or otherwise?

• Posted

Just to say Roy that my reply is being moderated, so there may be a delay in you receiving it, if at all.
    • Posted

In the meanwhile why have you diagnosed yourself as being a 'Geek', which I'm sure is in no way intended to be a self-defamatory or  self-derogatory description?
    • Posted

Did you manage to rea any of it before it was deleted? Any way you can still download it for your own viewing without involving this site.     Or did it make you look silly?
    • Posted

I am still downloading it with no problems.........
    • Posted

Actually Roy I did read it, and one part of it was not very complimentary about what you perceive as being wrong with you, and particularly no so about your Guru Dr. Brian Gilmartin.

So tell me Roy, do you have a penchant for hating everything, or to put it another way, do you like anything?

• Posted

My reply has now been moderated Roy and is there for you and anyone else who cares to read....
    • Posted

Let's hope other people on here read it without getting all twisted because they were wrong. I'm afraid I did make you look silly didn't I Archie 
    • Posted

Not really Roy, and in any event I have broad shoulders which I need when dealing with people who have wide-ranging psychoses like yourself.

So, to get back to the point then, do you absolutely detest (hate) anything and everything, or are there certain things that you do enjoy?

• Posted

May I remind you Roy that is you and not I who has the problem with self-prescribing and over-dosing on  valium.

So, since you have failed to give me a direct answer to the question I posed to you twice, then am I to assume that you detest anything and everything?

If so, is there anything in your opinion, other than you finding a partner that might help you to overcome your detestation of everything around you?

• Posted

For example I have been challenging you continually concerning issues that you need to address.

I do realise that all this has given you the opportunity to get the sort of general exposure and publicity that should make you feel good, so does it?

• Posted

HO HUM.....which are these two questions that I am failing to answer?
    • Posted

Do you absolutely detest (hate) everything and anything around you, and is there anything at all that makes you feel good?
    • Posted

Well that is a good start.

I have looked-up Fiesta on the internet and aparently it is an 'adult' magazine (in my ignorance I thought it was a Ford car magazine), anyway there is nothing wrong that sort of mens magazine, and as for Eastenders I can't stand it myself or for that matter any 'Soap'.

Do you enjoy watching any sport?

• Posted

thats because you made up your own crude version & not what was actually written. Perhaps because it made you look a fool. Have the guts to admit it.the truth is there for anybody who wants to read it.......why do you think they've published a book on it.
    • Posted

It was copied line by line from two named sources and pasted directly into the forum, and that is probably why the moderator became involved.

The only alterations that were made were the expletives which were replaced by asterisks, and the bit at the end which was a summary of what was said.

As for the Dr. Brian Gilmartin you are so reliant upon, it clearly states that he was fired when he published some book or other. Whether it is the same book that you have referred to or not I have no idea.

You keep taking an aggressive stance Roy when people try to lend you some assistance, and I'm wondering why this is?

Maybe you really want to be despised everywhere you go, but I cannot see any reason why this should be the case.

If you are quite happy with the way that you are, then you should say so, and then again if that were true why then would you have posted anything on this forum in the first place?

I believe that just the opposite is true and you recognise the extent of your voluntary separatism and have created a prison for yourself where, as I said previously you are both the guard and the prisoner.

Personally I think it has now become such a bad habit for you that you lack the will, integrity or basic common sense to actually seek a way out, but that is just my opinion.

Sadly because of your attitude I fear this is and will remain your problem. I say this because you have clearly exhausted all the medical options available to you, you will not accept help, nor will you listen to reason from people who mean you well.

If that is not bad enough, you now see fit to unashamedly self-medicate with heavy doses of valium obtained from goodness knows where.

I wish you luck, good health and happiness Roy

Goodbye

• Posted

For anyone who wants the truth Google "what is love shyness ( with pictures) wise geek.
    • Posted

You look it up Millylimp imp.......I trust you.
    • Posted

Thank you my friend.........do you really not like Eastenders?
    • Posted

I do not like any soap, but Eastenders is in my opinion the very worst.
    • Posted

you google it Millylimp.......I trust you.
    • Posted

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your trust in me , I don`t like soaps either ,but that is neither here nor there ,what is more to the point is, that I have read in detail that which you ask me to read.I have also looked up some more information about it too,on another site ,this site has also got a forum which goes into detail about the problem .You maybe interested in looking this site up too,I feel it MAYBE of some help to you .

It seems to me there a lot more to be learned about this problem ,for this is most deffinately what it is according to what is written,both in the book you mention and also in the other information I have read .

I have copied and pasted lots of it to post in here ,I think it is ok to post in here ,if not the moderator will say so .

While you have tried all avaiable medicines ,and all to no avail, you do appear to be happy to carry on as you are doing,and yet I sense there is an inner you desparately crying out to be helped.

But Roy, the help we have offered you in here is not that of any of us knowing exactly what it is like to experience in person,other than depression,and anxieties etc.

I feel you are also very reluctant to accept help from those of us who seem not to know exactly what this problem is like and how it affects those suffering from it.

Yet I do feel you would be more likely to accept help from those who do have experience of the same sort of problem you have had all your life,and still do have .

All the medication you have had is not resolving your problem ,most of those you are taking is mainly for depression etc ,and not for the loveshy.

I am asking you Dear Roy to do me a big favour,and look at what I have copied and pasted ,but also to please do as I asked you to do earlier.

Find a quiet moment ,and sit in the silence ,speak to your mother,tell her "I forgive you Mum for all the depression your behaviour has caused me to have all my life,but I do till love you ,your loving Son Roy"

Roy will you do this for me please.

Take Care

millyimp1322

• Posted

Love Shy.

Added Dec 3, 2010, Under: Advice

If you think that you may be or are love shy, fear not!  You are not alone.  An estimated 1.5% of males are loveshy.  Around the world, there are nearly 60 million loveshy men.  Next time you are at a sporting event or concert, look around, and see the hundreds of other loveshy men surrounding you.

So, how can you tell if you are one of the 60 million loveshy men?  Here are four major signs that you might be loveshy:

1)  You feel powerless around women

When you are around women, you feel like they hold all the cards.  When you talk to women, you feel like you are constantly giving them your power and there is little to nothing you can do about it.  You feel like women get the upper hand and the final decision in whether or not you will develop a relationship with them.  Whatever the woman decides determines whether you thrive or collapse inside.  The anxiety caused through interacting with a woman, and especially through romantic escalation, causes you to shy away from love.

2) You don’t get involved in competitive sports

You are generally not attracted to activities where you are forced to prove our “alpha” status.  Loveshy men do not want to have to prove dominance.  Loveshy men would rather go through life focusing on what excites them than worry about having to compete with other men.

Though loveshy men tend not to participate in competitive sports like basketball, football, and soccer, this does not mean they do not enjoy sports or get fulfillment out of physical activity.  Loveshy men will gravitate towards sports that do not have such a competitive focus such as swimming, golf, or rock climbing.

3) You are often tired, and find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning

It is hard to characterize exactly why we find this trend among loveshy men.  It is possible that this is a small symptom in a larger complex of depression that develops in the loveshy community.

A man, and especially loveshy men, feel that their self worth is tied up in their succsesses with women.  Hence, loveshy men tend to put a lot of value in physical beauty, especially beauty found in the face, and tend to become interested in the opposite sex at an earlier age.

Unfortunately, this disposition, combined with a shy temperament causes loveshy men to rarely, if ever, see a woman romantically.  Because your self worth is so wrapped up in how you do with women, it is easy to become depressed when you haven’t even kissed a girl by age 30.

4) You are serious and find it difficult to express emotion

All men find it emotionally damaging when they have to suffer rejection from a woman.  Loveshy men, however, feel this pain to the extreme.

Loveshy men find it tough to deal with emotion in general, and tend not to express how they are feeling very often.  They are dedicated and passionate individuals, and this often comes across as having a very serious demeanor.

You do not need to meet all or any of these rules to be considered loveshy.  This is a list of what you generally find in a loveshy male.  However, the most telltale sign of a loveshy is how you deal with women.

• Posted

Love shy? Awkward around women? Lonely?

We've been there, and we can help!

We're two guys,(I am not posting the names of the two men)  who have had years of suffering from Love Shyness - a condition that makes intimacy with women next to impossible.

We've managed to climb out of it - we're both happily married - and we'd love to share what worked, what didn't, and some advice that we wish we followed years ago.

This to me Roy says you can be helped by having the support of those suffering the same as you yourself

Take Care

millyimp1322

• Posted

Hi Millyimp thanks for responding to my plea. You told the truth & didn't make up a load of rubbish like a certain other member who shall remain nameless....but for the sake of ease we will call him Archie.Thanks for taking the time to read the various articles on the subject. Most of it is spot on although there is a lot more to Loveshyness than people realize. Let me know how you are doing occassionly.......Yours forever......Roy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.