No interest/enthusiasm for anything........

Posted , 9 users are following.

Onto week 3 of a group counselling session and still dont see any benefit or see any relevance to my lack of motivation for anything....

Any thoughts please ?

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi David, I was wondering how you were getting on with the counselling, it is not for everybody and i am sorry your not benefiting. I know it is hard to get motivated at times, is there anything you used to really enjoy such as hobbies or anything. Elizabeth 
    • Posted

No i dont think it`s for me... i will see it through but im not very positive about it.

I have sent you a pm

David

• Posted

I'm not sure group therapy would work for me,especially at first...maybe when I gained a little confidence xx
    • Posted

I have tried it with an open mind but just dont feel its right for me Gillian...

im not lacking confidence but just have no interest in stuff.Total reverse of how i used to be

Thanks for your input though smile

• Posted

What do you think would help you?What about some other sort of therapy?

I know it's a struggle. I'm living it too. Doing everything as normal as I can but still feel on the outside,looking in,detatched.

Do you mind me asking how long you have been feeling this way and if your are on medication?xx

• Posted

Felt this way for quite some time now and have not been given any medication...

I just feel detatched and empty inside and  totally normal outside for others to see

Not sure what therapy would suit me Gillian 

• Posted

I'm right there with you on that Hun. I feel exactly the same. Totally detached. 

I know you have felt this way for some time. Me too. Please stick with it and stay strong. 

My doctor said to me today that people feel like they are not getting anywhere then bam a complete turn around....they feel on top of the world.

I was going to ask if she had any solid proof of that lol but she was lovely so I kept my sarcasm to myself xxx

• Posted

Its not a good place to be as everything seems pointless dosnt it ?

You should have demanded proof lol..... smile 

You keep strong too Gillian x

• Posted

I was honestly going to say "are there like figures behind this theory,I mean how many people we talking about here"??haha

Yes it does seem pointless but we hang on because at least we have hope.

Ive known people worse than me get better and I've been worse than this and got better but all that doesn't help much when you are going through it xx

• Posted

We all need some hope dont we......

Need some purpose in this life i feel x

• Posted

Hello David, sorry to hear you are not yourself, not enjoying the sessions either. Do you know when the feelings you are having first began and if there were any trigger points that may have made you feel this way. What type of person were you before? Sorry to ask so many questions. When you say you are not on medication was anything offered. Do not give up whilst you are talking it helps put things in to some sort of order, people will listen you know. Take care Jackie
    • Posted

Hi Jackie

Thanks for your interest. I do have a good idea what the trigger point was and it has been a slow move from the " old me " to where i am now,

Not the same person at all....

No medication has been offered so i guess i need to see the GP again and discuss things

David

• Posted

Hello David,

Have you been able to discuss the trigger point?

Jackie

• Posted

Sadly no Jackie

The group i go to i feel is the wrong enviroment to discuss it

David

• Posted

David how sad if there is a block in what you may think you are able to discuss. what you think may have been Have you ever been able to tell anyone about what you think the trigger may have been?

Take care Jackie

• Posted

Sorry David have just read back garbled text,did you understand?

Jackie

• Posted

Its ok.i understand what you mean Jackie

The group isnt focussing on individuals..... its more general,one size fits all type..... if that makes sense ?

No i havnt been in a position to discuss it at all..... 

I really dont know if would help either..... 

David

• Posted

One to one counselling maybe the answer.....

Medication im really not sure about....... so im keeping an open mind Jackie

David

• Posted

David you know there are helplines out there. The samaritans is a safe confidential line that you can speak to in complete privacy. They are non judgemental, do not give advice, and are extremely good listeners. The helpline is 24/7 0845 90 90 90.

Do not feel alone there is help .

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

Thankyou Jackie..... 

I have never considered them but its a possibilty 

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.