No interest in myself

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Am so fed up with lookng dowdy. I dont have energy for make up and fussy clothes etc.   i love to look and feel girly but i just dont  have energy to do ig. It may give me a lift if i could manage it. 

Anyone else feel like this? 

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Girly dressing up aside, i've had to re-structure my entire life because of CFS, i can no longer do the things i used to, no gym, no swimming, no running. The energy is just not there. I see CFS as a temporary affliction, the length of time for people to improve is anyones guess but it helps me stay positive to know people recover. Days can be so boring, the routine is mind numbing at times but as long as i feel stable i focus onb progress.
    • Posted

The non existant energy i dont have is used on children. My pride and joy. Just feel trampy. I hope you are right and there is an end  well wishes
  • Posted

Yes I feel the same way. I cant even get out of the house, no motivation.

Have terminal illness and other health issues.

It would give you a lift, pamper yourself for a day, have a duvet day. X

• Posted

Please try cos you will feel alot better. Don't give up and die.

Life is worth living x honest

• Posted

Sounds more like you're too worn out to do some of the things you want to do because you do have an interest in yourself. Maybe you could try to set aside some time and energy each week to do things like this? It can be hard though, and you might want/need to do other things instead. You should remember that your pleasure is important.
    • Posted

I understand what you mean but i mean on a day to day basis as well as pampering. 

Think i need a good kick up the backside!! To tired for that either ....

• Posted

Sounds to me like you are being unfair on yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't be so mean to someone else who was feeling ill. You've got no reason to beat yourself up imo.
  • Posted

Im the same donna,havent got the energy to even brush my hair on bad days or get dressed i have to though for the school runs to take and pick my son up. If im really bad though i cant and have to ask for help as im far to exhausted to do that.

Its half term now and im trying my best to save up all my energy for my son, its a big battle daily to do this for me

So makeup,nails and hair ect will have to wait for now and one day i will manage to look good again smile

• Posted

Im the same donna,havent got the energy to even brush my hair on bad days or get dressed i have to though for the school runs to take and pick my son up. If im really bad though i cant and have to ask for help as im far to exhausted to do that.

Its half term now and im trying my best to save up all my energy for my son, its a big battle daily to do this for me

So makeup,nails and hair ect will have to wait for now and one day i will manage to look good again smile

• Posted

Hi glad its not just me, tiredness and lethargy seems to be the normal daily routine, willing the little energy for essentials, keeping myself pets and home cared for and cleanish with minimul effort taken, still an achievement be it a small one, also  meaning l wear outfits l wouldnt have before, just pull it on for comfort and ease, quick hair comb,  feeling a slob at times, then going to supermarket when essential major battle of will getting there and endurance getting the trolley round, but the trolley an essential also , holds me up, hoping no one l know see,s me, but the excitement today a call from an old friend, such are my days. Glad for me pets and computer, my kids in their 30s and own homes. Its boring and frustrating routine, but also endure believing it will improve, live in hope, as we do.

• Posted

Am so with you. We should pat ourselves when we manage to do something however small

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.