No interest in myself

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Am so fed up with lookng dowdy. I dont have energy for make up and fussy clothes etc.   i love to look and feel girly but i just dont  have energy to do ig. It may give me a lift if i could manage it. 

Anyone else feel like this? 

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Donna,

I understand completely. It used to be that I wouldn't leave the house without putting my face on. Now it's a case of having the energy to leave the house let alone putting my face on.

Personally I really enjoy listening to music, something that takes very little energy. This quite often helps to lift me emotionally.

• Posted

Yes. I love my music. Also audio books. No effort required. Its a relief to know am not alone inn how i feel 
  • Posted

you don't need to look good all the time you know.  Just when you feel up to it.
    • Posted

I love to dress girly. Not over the top just feminine. It does make you feel good just to much  effort 
  • Posted

Ohhh yeah! I absolutely hear you. Everyday now I just wear trackies and hoodies. Daycare runs are trackies and hoodies, hair shoved up into a ponytail and jandles for shoes. I feel like a slob and I've put on a whole lot of weight since having this due to no exercise. Meh! Ohhh well, I'm just waiting until I beat this dreaded illness and I believe that I will. In the meantime, comfort first. 
  • Posted

I too used to like dressing up, as a manager I was always in a a smart suit with high shoes and full makeup. Now I spend most days in bed and when I do get up it is slippers and dressing gown and hair that sticks up. Today is Wednesday and I have been in bed since Sunday. I pick at food through the day as my appetite has just gone but I have put a lot of weight on, so when I do get dressed I look a mess. I'm on my own every day 5am to 7pm as my husband works for him self, and my friends have long gone  I don't  blame them, I still have a friend that asks me every Saturday bless her.

the last time I went out was a family wedding by 6pm I had to go home and I only went at 3pm.

I have has CFS and ME for 2 years and 6 months and fibromyalgia for 5years so I'm waiting for the day I wake up jump out of bed and feel ready for a good day lol.

have to keep positive.

it is good being able to say how we feel on here and know people understand.

cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.