NO LYMES DISEASE FROM TICS IN UK

Posted , 6 users are following.

this is what I was told by my g.p. this morning.  I now feel totally at a loss what to do now.  He saw me at my worst when he was called in to see me at home early 2013 and  I did tell him that there are parts of UK where you can catch Lymes from tics, most of the areas we regularly used.

He said that there are people in USA who have Lymes and Rheumatoid arthritis together - what a load of bloody s***.  

He is a lovely g.p, and I was with him for over 1/2 hr but came out feeling very low.

The only time they will find out if I have Lymes or not is if I actually die and they do an autopsy - but Im not ready for that yet.

so if anybody can point me to a LLMD in Hull/East Riding area I would be more than greatful.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks David was thinking that.  Will google them and get some info as don't want to start arthiritis meds if I don't have that disease smile
    • Posted

Exactly, i mean for all the diseases we have labels for in society, arthritis, in my own case CFS, mainstream science knows very little about the roto cause of them, and worse still has no cured for ANYTHING. Bar say anti-biotics for an infection, but they are not without risk. There is more and more research coming out about the importance of the gut microbiome.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi David, how are you?  I totally agree with the gut being the cause of such a lot of illness's.  I was going to go onto probiotics yoghurts to see if it would help as it has done some other RA sufferers.  But I aked my rheumy consultant and they said no because I am immune suppressed.  I still think they are wrong giving me these meds, I was off them for 4 weeks a while ago and I was brilliant, nothing wrong with me at all.  I had a course of antibiotics for staphlycocous infection (I am always getting it!!) and then went back onto the methotrexate which is the main suppressant, three days my right knee swelled with water, Bakers cyst down back, other pains also back, 5 days after it cleared up.  This pattern has been same for last 3 weeks.  I am antibiotics again because of staphlycocous but I am finding my calf is really painful to touch.  I am at rheumy consultant on Tuesday and I was told I was going onto Minocycline for my RA,  I really hope they keep to their word because while I am on antibiotics I am fine for weeks after.  Will let you know what they say,  to be honest I think because I went on about Lyme last time they are worried in case I do have it and they are doing more damage giving me steroids and immune suppresant drugs, we will see.
    • Posted

Hi Julie. I'm just back from the GP for the ten thousandth time this year !

My GP's have all been excellent, i have to mention that. I am a complete mystery to them. Your consultant said no to pro-bio yoghurt because you are immune suppressed ? I have no idea on Earth how that can be a good thing. I believe standard treatment suppresses the immune system so that you may feel better, less pain etc but it just doesn't seem sensible to me. I've heard that before with patients that ask about lyme after they have been diagnosed, and it's as if the doctors are afraid to somewhat backtrack on the issue, ie; they hae missed something.

Anyway, i'm waiting to see infectious diseases, still seeking answers to what happened to me 10 months on. Going from super fit triathlete to housebound zombie.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I'm new here as I'm hunting for a solution to my moving pains. I am in Hull and really do wonder if I to could have Lyme. I started with acid reflux and sciatica these have turned into multiple joint pain and tingling in neck. I struggle with sleep and feel constantly anxious are these symptoms you can relate to ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.