No one can find whats wrong with me. Does someone have any ideas?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello!

Since this June I have been to so many places from my physician’s office to the ER and everywhere in-between. Nobody can find whats wrong with me. I’ve had two neurologists give up on me and one who (after running a bunch of tests) say I have anxious tendencies witch is bull s***. I had every test possible ran on me and they all came back normal. Actually on paper I’m as healthy as can be. Thats the problem, all my test results are perfect so people think there’s nothing wrong. It’s hard to explain what I feel like. My thoughts feel foggy and blocked, I’ve become very forgetful and academically I’m struggling. That is only the mental portion unfortunately. Physically I have muscle cramps, fatigue/drowsy-ness, disorientation, trembling, tingling, and clumsy-ness. I’ve had a spinal tap, loads of blood tests, two EEGs, MRIs, and been evaluated by six different doctors. Every blood test you could think of has been ran on me. Including heavy metals, vitamin b-12, Lymes, lupus, hormones, blood sugar… there are loads more but I can’t remember them all. I’m worried most about the cognitive aspect of my problem. Its very debilitating. Some days are better than others, and some are worse. Today was one of the bad days. I can’t  stay focused or have clear thoughts. When I talk I don’t make much sense. I say words that don’t fit into context, have a very hard time finding words, and as a result, can’t keep up a conversation very well. I try my hardest to overcome these problems but I don’t think its a matter of how much effort I put forth. Some days I just can not think straight. I even have problems understanding what people say to me. I understand the words, but the meaning of what’s said just doesn’t get through. Like I said, some days are better than others. The memory isn’t isolated to only short-term or the forming of new memories. I have a hard time remembering things that happened long ago as well as what happened five minutes ago. The things I remember are fragments and very inconsistent. I was stating to think that my problem could be low magnesium or something like that witch was overlooked. From my understanding of a mangesium deficiency. It takes a long time for you to become deficient. This makes sense because this problem didn’t just stat overnight, I’ve actually been having this problem since February. I’ve been blowing off the symptoms as lack of sleep or just being tired but it built up to the point that I realized something was truly wrong. So magnesium might make sense, maybe. I’m just guessing at this point though.

So, what do you think? If you have any ideas what the problem could be please let me know. As I said before, I’ve had my heavy metals, Lymes, hormones, vitamin b-12, lupus, csf (spinal tap), and blood sugar checked. I’ve also had a complete metabolic panel ran, a complete hormonal panel, and complete nutritional panel checked. I think an allergist might be a good idea but I’m not sure. I guess its worth a shot.

Here’s some info about me. I’m 17 years old, male, 5’9’’ and weigh 128LBs. The problem is constant 24/7, never goes away.

Thanks you’re reply in advance.

3 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Are you sure that they are swollen? I only ask this because the lymph nodes near your groin (where the legs meet the body) can often be felt even if they aren't swollen. Are they tender,too?  In any case, lyme could certainly do all of this without question, so be sure to go over that with him!  Hang in there...the appt. will be here before you know it!
    • Posted

I think they are swollen. Some you can see making lumps on my skin. The ones by my legs are huge but not painfull. None of them are sore.
    • Posted

Does it makes sence that they are swollen but don't hurt?
    • Posted

Well, I'm not a doctor, but that said, I have certainly dealt with swollen glands and they have always been VERY sore and tender.  I mean, you can barely touch them tender. Just moving around hurts. I honestly suspect that they are not inflamed, but that you just never noticed them before?  Most glands are palpable even when they are not swollen -- some more than others!  Try not to worry about it! I truly think that they are ok or else you would be in a lot more pain!  Good luck wink
    • Posted

I know I'm just throwing things at the wall and that may be considered as anxiety but please don't think of it like that. I'm just looking for conditions that match my symptoms. With that said, whats the possibility of a candida infection? I'm pretty sure I wasn't checked for that. Plus it accounts for my mental symptoms. I even found a forum where someone said that was the cause of their foggy thinking and forgetfulness.

I know I keep jumping about from disease to infection and everywhere inbetween but I'm just looking for the cause. Plus It might help to have multiple ideas when I go in for the appointment.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate you're help! cheesygrin

• Posted

Any time.  As far as that candida is concerned, I can't say that I know anything about that, but I have heard it can be an issue.  My two cents sould be either the lyme, which could answer to all of the issues you are having, or just plain anxiety (it can cause terrible brain fog...at my worst, I can't even finish sentences because I forget what I was going to say) Start to write down all of your concerns and questions and take them to the appt!  Doctors don't mind that al all...

Keep me posted! M-

• Posted

A few times I've fogotten having conversations with friends through facebook. I can't say how many I have forgotten in real life. The most recent one was a very long conversation with my friend and by the next day I had forgotten the whole thing. I saw what we had tryped in the chat box the day before and I remembered only small bits and pieces and it seemed so long ago. Right now I couldn't tell you the last time I've taken my dog for a walk but I know I took him yesterday because thats what my mom and dad told me. Thanks giving was just over a week ago but I remember it like it was months ago. Ever since this problem started happining its like time has just gone by in a blur. I still have a hard time understanding that its really december because I remember so little of the inbetween. I can't even understand TV because I can't follow whats is going on and I forget what all the expressions mean. 

I'm not trying to be snappy at all. I just feel frustrated because both my parents think I'm lazy and thats why I'm failing school and I don't want to get a job. By the end of the day I usualy have a headache and have that derealization crap. I've also had this eye problem that has been ongoing for some time now. Its like my eyes jump back and forth automatically and don't sit still. At night it keeps me up because my eye muscles hurt from moving so much. Also I've see someone else use this analogy before; It feels like my head is full of stuffing. Like there is a preasure or something. Like that fullness feeling when you can't hear out of you're ear properly.

This really could be caused by anxiety? if not and it's lymes disease, will I ever recover from this?

Sorry for the rambleing. :\ just blowing off some steam.

• Posted

No apologies necessary! Yes, anxiety CAN do this -- no joke -- it messes with your brain like you wouldn't believe.  But Lyme can do all of this,too. I doubt it's anything more serious as the docs have testest you for so many things, so take heart in that. If it's Lyme, antibiotics will kick it, if it's anxiety, you just have to get to the root of it to see improvement. You will get there! Just hang in there....!! There are meds for anxiety and depression, too, but use those as a last resort wink
    • Posted

My dad is works with heating and cooling. Yesterday he decided it was a good time to replace our furnace. I told him that I would help, and I did. He started using some sort of sillicone caulk and the smell immediatly started bothering me. Later I looked it up the msds and it said the fumes wern't a big deal as long as you don't sand, burn or consintrate them. I started getting a dull headach but it wasn't a big deal. Then he started using PVC glue. That stuff really got to me. My eyes burned and my throat became sore. The dull headache I had before turned into a migrane. I told him I couldn't take the smell and went upstairs to my bedroom. I shut the door and opened a window to get some fresh air and layed down. Later my mom called me to eat dinner. I still had a headache and as I left my room the smell became more powerfull. I ate a little food at the dinner table but after a while my head started hurting again and I felt really tired. I told my parents that I was going to eat the rest of my food in my bedroom because the glue was to much. Before I left though I asked if anyone else had a headache. All three; my mom, sister, and father said no. I was the only one that was effected. I still can't understand why it bothered me so much and no one else. My dad was in the room with the glue and he was fine...

This morning when I woke up I still had a dull headache. I left my bedroom door shut and a window open when I slept to get fresh air. My symotoms today have been worse then they ever were before! I think it was the fumes from the glue and caulk. All day I had a headache and felt lightheaded. All the symptoms I had before have gotten worse and haven't gotten any better since this morning. When My sister came home she told me that my room had a faint smell like the glue! I couldn't and still cant smell it. My room, being above the basement, must have collected the fumes from the glue. I also slept with my beedroom door shut. Basically my problems are even worse and I think it was worsened by all the chemicals.

It makes me so frustrated! I want to get a job, and licence so I can drive. All my friends have cars and can drive. I feel left behind. It also scared the crap out of me when I was talking to my cousin the other day. I had asked him who this one girl was on facebook and he said she was my cousin. Some of our family isn't close so we don't see each other very much. He told me that we both used to hang out with this girl and play videogames and stuff with her when we were like 12. I don't remember at all. I told him that I didn't remember her and he was shocked. He explained that me and him used to see her all the time. Its just blank, I have no recolection of this time he talks of. I also can't remember the christmass before last year. It's just gone. It happens more oftin now then before. Someone will be talking about someting we did in the passed and I can't remember it. It just seems like I have holes in my memories that are getting worse over time. 

I went off topic a bit... but anyways. Can lymes disease make you sensitive to chemicals and if its treated, will my memories come back?

Sorry this one is so long and kinda like all my other posts. 

• Posted

Hi Spacebar! And so sorry to hear that you are having a rough go of things,  First of all, please DON"T worry about your sensitivity to smells.  I am exactly the same and many smells give me the most brutal headaches,too.  I also have some friends who are like this.  It's very different for different people and a headache is a typical response (also nausea, at least for me.) No  doubt it was made worse as your vent will bring in the fumes as well, and with your door closed it would have been made even worse. Please let this worry go.  It really is a very normal and common response to fumes (I can't ever get my nails done in a salon as the fumes are way too much for me, yet they don't bother most other people.) I don't think lyme disease would make this worse.  It's just your sensitivity to some odours.

As for your memory, don't beat yourself up about it.  My husband, a very healthy man has an appalling memory. I mean, it's shockingly bad. No joke.  Our brains tend to rememeber things better that have a strong emotional connection. Hormones can also wreak havoc with your memory and put you in a fog.That said, my husband or parents often mention things the kids did or said (sometimes big things) and I have NO memory of them whatsoever.  Go easy on yourself in this regard. No one can remember everything. And again, anxiety can do all of these things, esp with your memory (it also causes headaches, but I think you are just sensitive to certain smells.)  Have you written a list of questions for the doc appt. in January? Make sure that you do! It will help a lot. And you're not driving yet? Are you able to get a license or too afriad to drive?  You'll get there! Hang in there...it will get better!

• Posted

I shut the vent to my bedroom so the fumes wouldn't get in xD I still feel wierd today but not as bad. As for the note for the doctors appointment; I've been working on it. I'm not done since I keep adding things that might be important. The reason I don't have a licence isn't because I'm scared to drive. It's just that I make stupid mistakes. I have a learners permit so I can drive with a parent. I really want the licence but IDK if I can pass the test. I loose consintration and mess up alot. I really want to try and get it soon though. 
    • Posted

Heya, I'm back. Hope you're holidays were fun. Alot has happened. I went to the doctor two times. The first time was before my normally scheduled appointment. I was having a hard time breathing and I would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. My fingernails and toenails started turning blue so my mom called and scheduled another, earlier appointment. The doctor said that my fingernails being blue arn't really a big consern because I seem to have good circulation. He then did a throat culture for strep throat which came back positive. I am now on antibiotics, I'll get back to this in a moment. In the second appointment, he checked the rash that I have on my chest and said that it's pigmented though the skin and insisted that it be checked by a dermatologist. After explaing everything that I have been experiencing throughout the passed 7 months he said that a sleep study may be worth looking into. I was also told that a 24 hour heavy metals test should be done just as a precautionary mesure. I just compleated it and will turn it into the lab tomorrow, I'm really hoping  the heavy metals test doesn't come back abnormal. If all tests come back normal he said that a psychoneurologist should be looked into. So anyways, back to the streap thoat. Back when I was in the 6th grade, I started getting sick alot and my skin color became very pale. Turns out I had some sort of lingering strep infection. I had to take antibiotics for weeks but even after all the treatment, I still felt the same and was more vulnerable to getting sick. I still to this day don't think I ever fully recovered, this was about the same time I started having MASSIVE paranoia and cognitive fog. For me, alot of these symptoms seem awfully familiar and now I know why. I really don't know why I never thought of this before, maybe it was because it happened so long ago. When I was tested back in the 6th grade I had no symptoms of streap throat but tested positive; the same thing that happened just recently. When I was retested I still had strep throat! In a months time I'm to go back to the doctor to get retested and follow up on all my testing. I'm really hoping that I'll find some answers, this is f!@#$%^ insanity.

So, that's what's going down :p

Ps, nothing was said about Lyme. I'll ask at my follow up if that should be a concern. He seemed to have looked thought all my testing and didn't bring it up. I figured if I said something about it, it might come off as anxiety. 

• Posted

Hi Spacebar and Happy New Year!

Sounds as if you are off to a worse start than you had hoped?  I'm almost surprised though that the doc put you on antibiotics for your asymptomatic strep. It sounds as if you are a "strep carrier."  If I remember rightly, about 1 in 10 people are. It's very common and as of no concern unless this person infects other people with it.  The bacterium that causes strep lives in many people, but just because it's there, doesn't mean it's going to lead to an infection.  Most strep carriers, rarely if ever, actually develop strep.  You can look it up, but I don't think it needs to be treated, but obviously talk to your dc about that.  I'm not too sure about the rash of course, but hopefully your dermatologist will have an idea?

Sorry, but I wish I could be more helpful. Don't be afraid to ask about the Lyme results! The doc is there to ehlp you and answer your questions.  I guarantee they get a million questions every day from different people.  Better to ask and get an answer than wonder what the answer would be!

Good luck and as always, hang in there!

M-

• Posted

Could pandas be possible? I was tested for strep before and was negative so I can't be sure if I'm a carrier. Thanks smile
    • Posted

By "before" I mean after the sixth grade.
    • Posted

Hi Spacebar, Wish you are doing well today. How do you feel after having a shower? Do you feel a relief? 
    • Posted

I actually had to look up PANDAS as I'd never heard of it before.  I think there is no question that you are very fixated on your health, which of course could be a sign of OCD or again, may just be anxiety (They can run hand in hand for sure!) Do you fit the other requirements for PANDAS?  I would certainly mention it to your doctor, but that said, if you are a strep carrier, you are one of MANY, whereas PANDAS is quite unusual I think. Do you remember when you were very concerned with the chemical fumes making you feel sick? You need to realize that most people would simply have said "ugh...these fumes make me ill" and that would have been the end of it. No second thoughts.  The fact that you grabbed onto it as a concern would certainly point to anxiety (and I don't mean to make you feel badly about this at all! But if you could step outside of youself for a moment, you might see how your health concerns jump from one thing to another...typical with anxiety and maybe for OCD as well...and yes, i do it, too!)  Be straight forward with your doc about all of these concerns...that is what they are there for!! Good luck! M-
    • Posted

I haven't really noticed any changes after taking a shower. I'm curious, what were you looking for?

Thanks for the reply cheesygrin

• Posted

Haha smile Well one of my friends told me that while she was having vertigo she had a shower and that it went away. So was curious whether you get the same thing! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.