NO PERIOD AFTER FIBROID SURGERY! PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi all,

I don't know what to do or who to turn too.

I had a operation in April to remove a fibroid in my womb..the operation went well. I had two episodes of bleeding since the op one was 2 weeks after and the other 3 weeks after but nothing since and it's been 6 weeks..I'm really freaking out and terrifed that I'm going through early menopause!

I did this to have children and I'm scared now

I have had 6 months of zoldex injections though..I'm wondering if this is delaying my periods..Weird thing is I do feel like I'm coming on..I have the cramps but nothing!!!

Please help as I'm very depressed... :cry:

I tried contacting my consultant with little success

I feel very alone and scared again

Tezi x

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

same situation here I’m a 47 now two years ago I had fabulous surgery because I had a heavy period. After surgery I had two very light bleeding and nothing until now. I went to the doctor he seems like he don’t know anything just assuming you’re heavy period was bleeding. I don’t believe dad I’m not sure what happened. I waiting Covid calms down go to other doctor.

• Posted

Give it time, some transitions take time to return to normal. Everything is possible if you believe.

• Posted

Am having the same problem now and I want to be pregnant am fed up

• Posted

Hi there

Has anyone had children, gotten pregnant or their period after the myomectomy. I had a laparoscopic myomectomy had 2 periods and none after its 3 months without my period. My hormones are unbalanced im really worried. Please respond.

• Posted

hello tezi. I'm in a similar situation had zolaodex 10.8 had myomectomy 8 months ago no menses till now. Expressing hot flashes & sweat alot especially at night. pls any help from the group

• Posted

Hi Fibroid Sisters! I am so happy I found this article. Following my open abdominal myomectomy last month, I've gotten 2 "periods" that have been like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. They are so scant. I don't even need to change a pad, let alone use a tampon. I've always had heavy bleeding. I'm 45, so I worried I was going through menopause. I spoke with my gynecological surgeon in a panic about what was going on with my period and her response was, "So, we took out the fibroids and now you have lighter periods. You should be thanking me!" But, I'm really freaking out because hardly any blood is coming out, though my last cycle was only 20 days. Anyways, if anyone has any hope that periods get a little heavier or start up again in the future, please let us know! This is very scary for me. I was very anemic from fibroids, but I've been taking my iron pills. I don't know if that's the problem. Also, just FYI, I never took any of those drugs to stop the periods before surgery. It just wasn't possible for me and I can't remember why. We just did the operation as soon as possible because my hemoglobin levels were so low. So, it may not be the drugs. Also, I recently started taking a Chinese herbal formula that has always helped me in the past to balance my hormones and I'm hoping that helps. Best of luck to everyone. ~Nina

• Posted

Update: I guess moderators deleted my last message, likely due to me mentioning name brands of Chinese herbs. But, I wanted everyone to know that within 2-3 days of taking Chinese herbs (Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan) that are well known for promoting hormone balance, my period came on full force and healthy. I have continued to take the herbs and I am now on my second full, healthy period after having my open myomectomy. Best of luck to everyone. We need to help each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.