No place like home!..

Posted , 12 users are following.

Please tell me I'm not going mad, I feel uncomfortable just waiting at the till in shops, a feeling I need to escape, I hope this feeling doesn't last forever, I only really feel comfortable at home!

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi...I know how it feels. Somedays I just want to stay home all day. I had an anxiety attack at the check out a while ago. When I have a bad day even waiting to buy bread is bad. I just want to run. Its almost like agoraphobia. Its an uneasiness. Thankfully I don't get it all the time. Mine started about October last year. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I am still managing to work part time but some days it is a challenge. Some ladies on here have had to stop work. Its amazing how our hormones can be so powerful. Take care and know you are not alone in this x
    • Posted

Dear Janine

Thank you for your reply, i'm glad i'm not alone feeling like this, my friends dont seem to have this feeling, well one did she doesn't like being in cars too much especially if they automatically lock, i just hope it doesnt last forever xx

• Posted

Hi I'm the same, been like it nearly three years. Can't go anywhere without feeling anxious - don't like being around people I don't know and places I feel vulnerable. Like you im only comfortable at home. All part of this rotten journey and hopefully won't last forever, but for me im happiest at home 😉
    • Posted

Thanks Lou for your reply it really helps to know i'm not alone in feeling like this x
    • Posted

Dear Pink - im right there with you on this one, I do know how you feel. I'm like you total hysterectomy now, removing my remaining ovary hit me like a truck - I tell you my life changed the second after I came round in recovery, it's been hell and still is at times - some days worse than others, every symptom there is and some, it's not easy I feel for you. I wish I could give you answers I really do but the least I can do is send you a great big hug (()) x
  • Posted

I feel exactly the same and it would be so easy to stay at home and do nothing.

ive tried to work after surgery to remove my ovaries but surgical menopause had hit me full on and every time I attempt to work I feel awful and want to run.

I've tried every sort of alternative medicine but none seem to have helped,doc wants me to try antidepressants but I'm really reluctant.

Has anyone found anything that has helped the awful symptoms of menopause ?

• Posted

Oops didn't finish what I started!, I had ovaries out about a year ago, my anxiety wasn't as bad as what it is now, x
    • Posted

Hi are you on any medication I've been told by consultant no hrt but not sure I can cope with night sweats no sleep and anxiety for much longer 
    • Posted

hi wendy, I sympathise with you and know how you feel - honestly this surgical menopause is hell and that's the truth. Like you ive tried every damm alternative thing out there, I'd love to be positive and give you answers but sadly I cant. All I can say is you're not alone and us poor women get a rubbish deal in all this - just waiting for the day I wake up feeling a bit better, and hope for the same for you too x
    • Posted

I feel like I'm going mad I'm desperate to wake up & just feel my happy self again,I'm scared I will never feel normal again .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.