no sleep again

Posted , 6 users are following.

My doctor gave me sleeping pills but he said only one pack since I'm young 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

(Accidently clicked post, I'm on phone) anyway I finished the pack and I'm back to another sleepless night. I just can't stop thinking, every little problem has to be remembered now and I have to go through every little thing about it. I got to a point were I couldnt close at all and now I'm scared and worried about 'things' showing up at my door, you know the horror movie stuff and I havent watched a horror movie in months. I don't know anymore, hearing the slightest noise makes me thing of a million things. Might go doctor and see if he can give me sleeping pills, i don't wanna be on meds and he doesn't want me to either but it could be the right thing to do now.
    • Posted

Hi, I can really sympathise with you ,I dont know the last time I had any proper sleep, my doc will not give me anything, ive tried kalms a couple of times but they didnt work for me, I am like you I really dont want to be on any more meds but if they help well why not even just for a short while, take care smile x
    • Posted

Kalms are US better if you drank chamocile tea with honey sainsbury's do an excellant one that I use for winding down on a night but blow me I still need the zopiclone there is doxcilamine available from Amazon but go steady with these as they are strong otherwise the herb Valerian does help but after a month of use the dose needs upping
    • Posted

Thanks Peter will look into that, I do drink camomile tea but not with honey will defo give that a try as well though, anythings worth a try eh? smile x
    • Posted

honey is one of the oldest of natures cures if you could try and get some fennel as well I swear the smell alone is relaxing
  • Posted

In all honesty gamefreak I would say your doctor is a wise person I started on night sedation while I was about 16 and then only because my mother got them for me from the doctor (I would love to know what she actually said to get them as it still gives me the creeps as what he gave me were nembutal a very strong sleeper then) I am not on those type anymore just on what they loosely call the 'Z' drugs zopiclone being the favourite and used normaly for short periods is this what you were given?
    • Posted

He gave me normison, apparently it's not as addictive as the others but doesn't mean it isn't though it was good and worked really well for me and no side effects, I don't think anyway
    • Posted

whoa did he actually say they are not as adictive as others he has given you Temazepam a very strong sleeper and in the form he has given you it is so widely sought after by drug abusers....take it from me use them wisely all sleeping drugs may not be addictive but they are habit forming and very easy to get into I would have advised a herbal remedy far safer.
  • Posted

How long have you been having sleeping problems for?
    • Posted

Its an on and off thing but this time it came back worse and for longer. I'd say easy since at least the start of the year but nothing like this before though 
    • Posted

It hasn't been serious like this I just had that one night every once in a while were I just couldn't sleep no matter what not till 4am anyway. 
    • Posted

I take that back. Actual sleep problems probably for 2 maybe 3 months
    • Posted

and getting back into a regular sleep habbit pills or not is a very hard thing to do after the first 2 months

• Posted

Have you ever tried cbt for anxiety management? It's hard work but it will help you with your sleep and anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.