no sleep at all last night

Posted , 5 users are following.

last night i took 7.5mg of zopiclone after having taken it everynight for over 6 years. as previously posted on my other thread this pill has stopped working for me. up to about a week ago i was getting the faintest of effects which was enough to let my brain relax and sleep. i thought there would always be a sidual benefit from this drug, but i was wrong. Last night i didnt sleep at all, but i stuck to the one zopiclone pill and didnt opt for the 15mg, which would of probably sent me to sleep. iam off work today, so its no big deal. but tonight i will take 15mg to make sure i sleep. in the next few weeks iam moving house and im going to take this opportunity to take just the 7.5mg . actually i am afraid something is so wrong that i am eventually going to die from complications of lack of sleep. in the meantime i am remaining calm about the situation and am going to do the best i can. there must be an answer to this problem. does anyone else fear they may die from lack of sleep. remember this, without some type of hypnotic or alcohol i dont sleep at all. the hypnotics are not working anymore and i dont want to turn into a alcoholic, and i want to maintain my job (which is a good one). PS. god rest Robbie Williams (such a loss)

2 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds really awful for you. No doubt about how terrible it is not sleeping and you are not alone fearing dying from lack of sleep - I have too even on medication. If taking meds or increasing meds be kind to yourself and give yourself due credit to what you have come through. That is great you are doing your best as you are doing really well - focus on your strengths. I find definitely too going cold turkey off meds does not work and is too difficult. If going off slow withdrawal is necessary but it depends entirely on the individual situation of everyone. Take good care of yourself and take things easy - skipping work for one day is fine - I am sure you will get back to it once recovering from this. I find making sure I am eating healthily, drinking lots of water and taking things easy during a stressful time does ease things eventually. I can totally sympathesize with you - but it will get better. Take care and keep posting. Everyone is so supportive on here and everyone has some great advice and things to say. Hang in there. 
    • Posted

thankyou jennifer. i will really focus on this problem when i have a week off work. i might even go and see my doctor, but i dont think they can really help you
    • Posted

Yes. I smoked for many years. I have found a hypnotherapist who can help me stop.

I too pray I will go in my sleep when the time comes. I am going to fight all the way to carry on and do as much as I cam for as long

as I can. X

• Posted

i used to be a taxi driver and i remember a american woman who had it. she was in a really bad way breathless all the time and using oxygen most of the time. she eventually died but she was active right up till the end, and the thing that amazed me was she was in a bad way and carried on for quite a few years. some people it progresses slowly, others fast. just make the most of what you have left in this world, and be reassured there is something on the other side. there must be, because how else would these mediums and psychics connect to those who have passed. tonight i have taken 15mg of zopiclone. i took it an hour and twenty minutes ago and it has had very little effect. tonight might be another bad one for me, but i hope not. i have to work tomorrow, and i have to be mentally agile as i am working on a project as a project manager. it is the first one i have ever done, and i have been making painfully slow progress, but i quite enjoy the work and it is so much better than being a taxi driver
    • Posted

Mikey as you will know sometimes dealing with some members of the public is

horrendous... Been there.

I pray the tabs work for you tonight. Don't try too hard to get to sleep.

Your an intelligent and caring person.

Good Luck with the project, we both need to have faith in ourselves.. Maybe part of my problem... Nite x

• Posted

last night i took the 15mg of zopiclone. it didnt really work and i would say i had about as much effect as i got with the 7.5mg. i persevered in bed and eventually slept. it wasnt perfect sleep, but it was alot better than none. i think i may go bck to the 7.5mg tonight, as the 15 didnt do much, and these pills are expensive. if im on the 7.5mg when i start my holiday, i will try cutting down to zero. this is something i can and will do. the time has come to take positive action. whereabouts do you live, because if its within driving distance of swindon i could come and visit you and give you support for a couple of hours, because you are a good person.

• Posted

I live in Carlisle, Cumbria.

I have no one here at all. Lonely and

Isolated.

I was taught to do loom bands on Monday and I can do it.

You are welcome here anytiime, the lake district is lovely.

I have been accepted for Pulmonary Rehabilitation which should I increase my breathing.

I have emphysema, paramyalga, M.E

blood pressure probs. I have had a stroke on the left hand side of my brain.but I am doing my best to keep going

I bought a chair but sadly it came in a box

I bought a new tv and that's stuck in a box. I cannot lift it.

If you read my other message you will know about my nearly four yrs of hell and how me and my pets were put in danger from fire.

I had to get my pets and myself out.....long

story.

I moved a year ago and went from hell to

Isolation.. I have been taking courses.

Confidence and communication, money management, customer service and have passed them call at NVQ level..

My next is an IT course.

Like I say I am tring so hard and we will achieve together.... You are a lovely guy and so supportive. Thank you xx

• Posted

Sorry I also meant to say that if increasing or withdrawing from medication I find it is best to monitor it with medical professionals. Hang in there - things will improve.
  • Posted

Hang in there - this will pass in time - not easy but you will get there. Take care and keep posting for the support. A doctor may be able to help - mostly I am sure they do have people's best interests at heart. Be kind to yourself.
  • Posted

The fading effect of zopiclone is something that worries me, though after many years I'm still currently getting about 5 hours sleep from one 7.5mg table a night and manage naps occasionally without medication. If you get less than 5 hours sleep a night for more than 5 nights in a row, then you are risking your physical health and I would think you should check with your GP.

Most people find moving house stressful, so I wonder if this is not more the cause of your problem than a time to solve it.

• Posted

no, my move is not stressing me at all, but when i actually move maybe i will experience more stress as there is so much to do. but iam going to face this problem during the week of the move, because it is my only window of opportu nity that wont affect my work. i hope to god that i can overcome this problem. by the way does anyone know if paracetomol helps with the head aches you get when you havent slept. if it does this would be a major benefit towards my fight against stress induced insomnia
    • Posted

Hi there. n I have been taking Zopiclone one 7.5 for many years now, i find they usually work ok but i now also supplement with a Melatonin tablet as well. If sleep really bad then i might take another half Zop but try to avoid that. I feel too groggy next day if i do.  Private message me if you want address of where to get them as not available here. It may be phsychological but if i dont take a melatonin, i cant seem to get of to sleep. 
    • Posted

ive been taking melatonin as well, but it doesnt seem to do much. i will persevere and when i start my holiday in a few weeks time i will seek to beat this problem. it is all in the mind
    • Posted

Melatonin may not help younger people as much as older ones. Bioactive milk peptides may help more as may some milk or a (non-caffeine) milk-based drink before bed. New research and thinking seems to suggest that "eating cheese makes you dream" is not such an old wives tale after all. But mostly, I suspect, somehow your stress situation has to be lessened or changed to a form which you can handle. Maybe, CBT or some form of group therapy would help in your case.

Well, it's all in our mind as a result of the world we live in, what we experience in that world and our social interaction in that world. It's not all under our control. It's maybe not that much different to walk into a situation which affects us mentally as it is to walk into an infection or some other form of harm that causes us physical problems – not that mental problems can't ultimately cause us physical problems.

• Posted

It sounds like a great plan Mikeyboy to reduce the medication at a less stressful time - that is definitely when I will be reducing mine - when I am not working. As for the headaches Nurofene I find is the best for mine but when I get migraines I need more powerful medication prescribed by my doctor. You are doing brilliantly if you are working! Keep up the good work and be kind to yourself. Buy yourself a few financial rewards and do some nice things for yourself like having a favourite meal, watching a good movie, and spend some fun times with friends. Take care and hang in there. Very wise move about when to reduce meds.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer.

Your message to Mikey is brilliant and its also helped me. You are a very kind caring

person with wisdom.

Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.