no sleep at all last night

Posted , 5 users are following.

last night i took 7.5mg of zopiclone after having taken it everynight for over 6 years. as previously posted on my other thread this pill has stopped working for me. up to about a week ago i was getting the faintest of effects which was enough to let my brain relax and sleep. i thought there would always be a sidual benefit from this drug, but i was wrong. Last night i didnt sleep at all, but i stuck to the one zopiclone pill and didnt opt for the 15mg, which would of probably sent me to sleep. iam off work today, so its no big deal. but tonight i will take 15mg to make sure i sleep. in the next few weeks iam moving house and im going to take this opportunity to take just the 7.5mg . actually i am afraid something is so wrong that i am eventually going to die from complications of lack of sleep. in the meantime i am remaining calm about the situation and am going to do the best i can. there must be an answer to this problem. does anyone else fear they may die from lack of sleep. remember this, without some type of hypnotic or alcohol i dont sleep at all. the hypnotics are not working anymore and i dont want to turn into a alcoholic, and i want to maintain my job (which is a good one). PS. god rest Robbie Williams (such a loss)

2 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes Mikey,I too fear I will die from lack of sleep.

I can reassure you that if your breathing does

change in the night your body will react and wake

you.

I stop breathing every night in my sleep but I can honestly say Its not done me harm.

Moving house is stressful I have recently done that.

You took the first step last night by just taking one 7.5mg. That's a big step. I am really proud of you as its so easy just to take another zopiclone.

Keep it up. You will be exhausted naturally with all the packing and unpacking.

A new home.. A new start. X

• Posted

thankyou linda, you are so positive. i will be off work in a couple of weeks so then iam going to focus on my sleep. it wont matter if im tired because i will then not have to work the next day. actually for someone whos had no sleep ive been doing remarkably well today
    • Posted

The first step - the bigest step you achieved last night.

Be proud of yourself. You'll never be alone we are all here for you 24/7 no matter what... Good days.. Bad days... Always remember this x

• Posted

thanks linda, you are a star. i hope you find some comfort as well. what we suffer from is not funny. it might be slightly different, but we are both losing sleep. i think the only way forward is to take the problem head on and go through the bad times. i believe eventually things will even out and we will be able to move forward.
    • Posted

I never thought I could come off diazepam . I was using what the Dr gave me and was

buying more. One week I bought 30 and I

realised I had a big problem. I was trying to escape from emotions.

As you may have read my life and my pets were put at risk by another person.

I rang an organisation. God I was so scared, the worst phone call I had to make.

Admitting you have a problem with any drug is the bigger step.

That is the knowledge ... You are able to admit to yourself and others that you have a problem.

I have been off diazepam now for five weeks. It wasn't was with panic attacks and not being able to take diazepam to shut the world

out.

I am doing ok some days ate bad, worse, ok, good or even better. I sought counselling and its helped me..

I feel that I need to know the trigger points

that took me to the diazepam and zopiclone.

I hope this makes sense.

Sending you a hug x

• Posted

my trigger is stress, but the trigger point is so low that almost everything causes me problems from switching off at night. the only way forward is to bite the bullet and except im going to have problems and to carry on no matter what. ive been taking 7.5mg of zopiclone everyday for ages. what it did for me was give me avery mild hypnotic effect that allowed me to switch off to sleep. now that has changed since last week. iam not getting any hypnotic effect at all now, nd this has stopped me from sleeping. i realise this has to stop and stop very soon. so i propose to take the extra dose untill i move house and have some time off work, then i need to reduce to 7.5mg again or stop altogether and except things are  not going to be very nice and im not going to sleep. if i dont go to work i can just put my head down whenever i choose without affecting my work. its either that or im going to die from lack of sleep. i reckon i will sleep eventually, but have to put this to the test. 
    • Posted

Absolutely. Everyone has potential - you have some really amazing helpful things to say too.
    • Posted

well maybe. i have to put my fight on hold untill i have sometime off work in a couple of weeks time. to be honest im a bit of a coward, though i have no choice but to face my reliance on zopiclone to get some sleep. i will keep you posted as things develop
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer.

Thank you for your comments.

2001 - met a guy

2002 - Moved from Manchester to Carlisle

. to get married.

2004 - Major my dog died April

. Marrage broke up - May

. My father died of cancer and emphys. ema.

2005 New neighbours...

2013. - Severe Pneumonia

. diagnosed with Emphysema

. ME

. Had a stroke.

2013 Moved house to new area. Know no

. one or area.

2014 Started taking NVQ Courses.

. Customer Service. communication

. and. confidence, Money Matters and

. Office skills.

I suffered from deep depression while going through the mad hell and had alot of panic attacks, I wouldn't leave the house. I spiralled down to not even trying or bothering to dress, I had stopped eating and went to 7 and a half stone. At 5ft 5 this was not ideal.

I was prescribed diazepam. ( I will continue more later) I promised to respond and don't want to let you or any one down.

I will tell you what forced me to take action, what helped me. Why I am doing this...

I have still a long way to go but we all are supporting each other , helping with advice and encouragement.

keep it up everyone... Big hugs x

• Posted

I'm not sure setting yourself goals when you have time off is going to help with your sleep problem. What you really need is to be able to stop worrying about it and just see if you can get some natural sleep.

If I don't sleep at night and then fall asleep on the sofa the next morning, I will quite likely wake up quite quickly with my restless leg problem at full blast. But luckily for you, you don't have that problem.

• Posted

well i am sorry for your restless leg problem. we all have issues to deal with. for me not sleeping is a really subjective thing in my sub concious mind. i must be worrying, i grant that, but i dont feel like iam worrying. the good thing about yesterday is i coped quite well after having no sleep. i took a nurofen and then my head didnt hurt so much from lack of sleep. so when it happens again (when i take some time off work), i will be able to cope much better. i think i will go through a roller coaster of not being able to sleep and then being able to sleep. gradually over a period of time settling down. my sleeping problem is really stupid and very frustrating. something happend to me nearly seven years ago and ive not been the same since. my biggest fear is losing my job. it took me years to get a good one and i probably wont get such a good opportunity again. if i lost my job i would soon lose everything i have. and i dont want that. iam moving house very soon and iam going to use this time as a window of opportunity
    • Posted

Medication seems to be the only hope for those with residual insomnia from PTSD. So if the thing that happened to you seven years ago resulted in PTSD...
    • Posted

sort of? im not sure. but something scared me so much that ive not been the same since. i went into some data so deeply that it made my head hurt so much that afterwards i was unable to switch off and sleep. funnily enough i went four months last year with no sleep meds at all. surely i can do it again and maintain it, do you know what i mean. sleeping meds are not the answer and i know that. i worry about not being able to sleep, like i know it will happen and dread it. but saying that i coped remarkably well yesterday and if i can associate not sleeping as a non event, i will be onto a winner. anyway thats enough about me. i feel for you and your restless leg syndrome. i hope you can find an answer to your problems, just like i seek one
    • Posted

Yeah, I went just over a month last year without them and a couple of days this year.

If you've got something continually at the back of mind that's causing you unbearable fear ... 

• Posted

yeah. its a weird thing. and when you havent slept it is so tempting to resort to anything to get that sleep you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.