no sleep at all last night

Posted , 5 users are following.

last night i took 7.5mg of zopiclone after having taken it everynight for over 6 years. as previously posted on my other thread this pill has stopped working for me. up to about a week ago i was getting the faintest of effects which was enough to let my brain relax and sleep. i thought there would always be a sidual benefit from this drug, but i was wrong. Last night i didnt sleep at all, but i stuck to the one zopiclone pill and didnt opt for the 15mg, which would of probably sent me to sleep. iam off work today, so its no big deal. but tonight i will take 15mg to make sure i sleep. in the next few weeks iam moving house and im going to take this opportunity to take just the 7.5mg . actually i am afraid something is so wrong that i am eventually going to die from complications of lack of sleep. in the meantime i am remaining calm about the situation and am going to do the best i can. there must be an answer to this problem. does anyone else fear they may die from lack of sleep. remember this, without some type of hypnotic or alcohol i dont sleep at all. the hypnotics are not working anymore and i dont want to turn into a alcoholic, and i want to maintain my job (which is a good one). PS. god rest Robbie Williams (such a loss)

2 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi Mikey, how are you?

It's. Robin Williams. Remember Mrs Doubtfire.. Mork and Mindy and so many other fantastic things.

A truly magical man who made millions happy.

Sad news for me my emphysema is now stage 4

and there are only 5 stages. So not so happy. Life !!!

How did you sleep? X

• Posted

i am so sorry to hear that linda. i know what emphysema means. hopefully you wont experience any pain and that it will happen one night when you are asleep. ive known quite a few people who have had it. were you a smoker?
  • Posted

I took half a 7.5mg tonight and slept until 3.30am so will take other half and hope it gets me back to

sleep.

Cutting the 7.5mg in half then go to 3.5mg and eventually cut that in half. Don't cut down too

drastically.

By doing that your body has time to adjust. Xx

• Posted

Hey Linda. You are giving out some great advice. Glad you are cutting down gradually I hope mikeyboy only does that when the time is right too. Finding the right time to cut down is difficult - not easy. Well done for dealing with that while helping others what has helped you!
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer, I will respond to you and try and explain what may have helped me.

It may help someone else.

Will do this tonight.

Thank you for your message and I pray I can help someone.

I am at,stage 4 Emphysema ,Paramyalga, ME. Etc.

I try and make the most and do what I can.

Ot may be a long message xx

• Posted

tonight i am going to try 7.5mg as its the weekend. i might be on for a bad time
    • Posted

i am going down to 7.5mg tonight. ive been taking 15mg lately, but im not working tomorrow so i can afford to take the risk
    • Posted

I promise that I will take half a 7.5mg tonight so we will be doing this together.

It will be a 50% decrease for me.

Its strange but I really feel you are a very

friend of mine and we have never met.

I am sending you a hug.

lets try.. We may sleep! X

• Posted

So sorry to hear about all your health problems. You must have a lot of strength and determination to overcome that! Hope you are being kind to yourself and taking things easy. That is brave cutting back with meds. I am on a high dose of meds and will only cut back when I am in a less stressful situation and less busy. I really hope it goes well but if it does not don't be hard on yourself - there will be another time. It sounds like you are being very wise about when to. If every I cut back with mine it will be with medical assistance with my GP and nurses as it is so difficult. You are all saying some awesome helpful things to each other! Treat yourself to something that is nice and healthy. You deserve a lot of credit for coping with such fragile conditions and dealing with what is going on for you. Keep posting and take care.
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer.

I had three and a half nearly for yrs of hell with an alcoholic neighbour who lived below

me. He played excessively loud music, had his alcoholic friends, drugs were involved.

He was abusive to me. I didn't get any

peace. The Police, Housing Association,

Environmental Health were involved with it

too. I had to keep a diary for every single event.

He set his flat on fire with me and my pets in. He even had a look out for the fire.

One night this man came to my flat and told me x x x were there and he was the lookout.

It really freaked me out.

It still carried on for another 9 months.

I bought a new bed, I had to and gave him my old one, he set his on fire, mine was smoke damaged, only slightly.

I couldn't hack it as I spiralled into Diazepam addiction.

I moved,a yr ago, had major panic attacks, I was moved to a place I do not know and. all I know are the neighbours names.

I was angry the the Housing Ass did this to me. I had done nothing wrong. He continnued to stay in his flat.

I now have a detatched housing association bungalow with a garden. I am slowly getting my life to a better place.

One of the things that helped me was anger. Anger at that guy, anger at the housing even though I would have had to move as I could no longer do the stairs. He ruined my life but cant do it forever.

Two neighbours found him on the floor one day, they had a key. His brain was infected.

Anger because of the isolation and being unable to let folk know where I live but......its a new start.( police advised me to tell no one.

I did my first course..... Passed and then did three others.

I am starting pulmonary rehabilitation now to try and help my breathing.

The list of conditions are vast. As I said I had a stroke on the left hand side of my brain.

I reduced the diazepam to 8 mg, at one point I was using 30 plus what my gp gave ne and each one was 10mg. I made a phone call to UNITY. An organization that helps people with drug and alcohol dependence. I managed to get to 8mg,a day and stopped.

The hardest phone call as,I had to admit I was drug dependent to myself

and others. The first.step...........

I tried for eighteen months to get help, kicking and fighting to gain help.

I did get some counselling in the end. Its not been easy.

I can't be kind to myself. I have been through a violent marriage, raped.

I do try though and maybe that will come in time.

My self confidence is low and self esteem.

I will do as much as I can with my illness's for as long as I can.

Anger is one of the things that helped.

I will give you any other things that helped.

Thank you for your message and support. Big hug x

• Posted

I even contemplated suicide but didn't I have my pets and couldn't put them through it.

Thomas tabby cat is sixteen

Puzka is five

My dog Bobby is thirteen and,a half and they are my world.

Good ages and all three fit.xx

• Posted

i failed last night. yes i took just the 1 7.5mg zopiclone, but i had a few drinks of beer as well, so when i went to bed i just knocked out and didnt achieve anything. i will definitely try tonight though. thanks for the comment about being a friend. we are virtually close as we both experience our problems and share our experieneces
    • Posted

Wow it sounds like you have had some really traumatic things to go through. I have too just as bad if not worse so I understand. Have you considered getting counselling? Especially since you are still struggling. Glad the Police and other agencies helped you - I have found them really good too most of the time. Wow! You have some pets - I bet they are your world. You must be very good and kind with them unlike the way you have been treated. You may even find the right guy who will treat you properly and respect you - don't give up on that. You have some qualities a guy would appreciate being caring, friendly and kind. You do need to be kind with yourself after such a traumatic event though really - take good care of yourself and be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to deal with it all and recover with more counselling and medical assistance with your meds. You are far better than the situations you have been in! You deserve better. Treat yourself to some nice things always - you are worth it! Take care my friend and keep posting.
    • Posted

Hey Mikeyboy. Don't be hard on yourself about failing - we all make mistakes I have - everyone does. It is great you are cutting back especially because of the strict cruel cuts coming from doctors these days about zopiclone. But only at the right time and when you are ready. Just give yourself a wind down time in the evening, eat healthily, drink lots of warm milk and if you have time do some exercise that tires me out. I have tried reducing mine many times and failed every time so I know I just have to wait until I am on holiday to make any cut with it but then I am in NZ where there is no strict cuts with zopiclone yet. I know I will feel more energetic if I am not on it but I am in no rush - it will be decreased when the time is right. Drink lots of water and with warm milky drinks that does induce sleepiness. And, if you don't sleep one night I am sure you will the next. And, increase again if you feel necessary. Your GP and nurses at their medical centre could support you with it too - I would never try to reduce it without their support. But I do know how hard it is to trust them with the strict cuts but there are some you are being kinder with it. Take care and keep posting.
    • Posted

i buy mine online without prescription. my doc stopped prescribing years ago and ive had to sort it out myself. i believe i can do this, ive just got to toughen up and readily accept there will be quite a few nights when i dont get any sleep. i can function without one nights sleep, dont know about more though. though i did read that it is very unusual for a person to go more than a couple of nights with no sleep at all. the trick will be remaining cool over the situation and not panicking or overly worrying about not sleeping. i had a period last year where i went 4 months with no sleeping meds, so i can do it. its just hard getting there
    • Posted

Hi Mikey. You say you took a tablet and has a beer but you didnt achieve anything.  I think you are overlooking the fact that you slept. Isnt`t that what all we Zopiclone users want is to "SLEEP". Personally, i find alcohol a stimulant, so i can`t get to sleep even if i take a 7.5mg tablet. I do like a glass of wine but it does keep me awake. Swee dreams.
    • Posted

alcohol can keep you awake, but most of the time it accenuates the effect of the zopiclone and makes it much stronger. plus its not good for my weight. tonight i will just take the 1 zopiclone with no alcohol. maybe i will sleep. maybe not. i dont the answer to that one, but at some point im going to have to deal with this. the pills will very soon not work and i will have no choice but to deal with it. i have found from previous experience that any more than 15mg of zopiclone and it actually has a reverse effect and keeps you awake even more. plus its  a waste of money, as i buy mine
    • Posted

Hi Mikey. I failed too. I didn't sleep till 6 30am and had to be up by 9 at the latest. I ended up taking one and a half in sheer desperation but didn't work.

We will have to try again. Big hugs xx

• Posted

yeah, thats right. hopefully i will have the courage to do it tonight. it is a really big deal to me. i have such a tolerance to them that it takes about 2 hours before i feel any effects from the pills. lately even that has not been working, thats why i started taking 15mg, and sometimes 15mg isnt much good either. so what are yuu doing today? i am watching movies on sky. there is nothing else to do. aprt from pay my daughters credit card off, which she cant pay.
    • Posted

Hi Mikey.

I made some loom band bracelets, did the

housework. Sorted the pets.

Thomas Tabby cat 16yr old

Bobby terrier/collie x 13 and a half

puska long haired tabbie 5yr old.

Am exhausted.

We have to keep faith and I promise to do this at the same time then we know we have a togetherness against the zopiclown. And we are not alone.

Big hug xx

• Posted

okay. tonight we will both try. it makes me nervous just to write it, but i will try tonight. if i dont sleep, tomorrow i will take pain killers to deal with the head aches, but tomorrow night i must sleep at all costs
    • Posted

i slept last night on just the 1 zopiclone, hopefully i can keep this up untill my holiday time from work, and then try 0
    • Posted

Thats fine. Keep being kind to yourself and take things easy. And, you could talk to your GP about seeing a counsellor. I have been in a violent situation recently and am considering getting counselling about that despite about 100 previous counselling sessions about other things. You have a lot of wise good things to say - have you thought about being a support-worker? You would be good with that. Do you work? What do you do? And if you live in a different country where is that? I am in New Zealand and there is a lot of good mental health support groups here for people and there is no strict procedures for cutting down on zopiclone with no consideration for withdrawal effects thank goodness. I wrote away to the UK Human Rights Commission about that regulation and they could not do anything about it which was really dissapointing and made me angry because they are breaking Human Rights laws. You could write away about things - it is so rewarding and empowering raising awareness. Take care and keep posting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.