No stock of orlistat !!!!

Posted , 69 users are following.

Hi everyone this is my first time on here.

As I can't get my prescription from any local

Chemists everyone is saying there is a problem

With the manafactuer. Has anybody else had the same

Problem.

Help xxx

4 likes, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

@Fliss - it would be nice if we all got the same info wouldnt it, i dont know how many different stories ive been told now, sooooooooooooooooooo frustrating !

x

• Posted

Yes your right amanda if we had just one honest and factual account and a definite date it would be so much easier.

I got my prescription this time around about a month ago and by now if it had been in stock I would have started to see the pounds coming off ..

• Posted

Hi everyone just like Gemini 1977 this is my first time on here.

I can't get my prescription from any local pharmacy. They are saying they don't know when or even if it will be available again.

This is so frustrating as you just don't know and you desperately want the prescription filled.

I really hope that when it is back, they will limit amounts to each person so as many as possible can benefit until they regain full stocks.

Why can't they publish a regular update for all to see instead of so many diferent stories....arhhh !!!

• Posted

I have now left my prescription with my local Boots and they have told me they will phone as soon as it comes in.. she said that all the chemists are having the same problem getting it but at least if you leave your prescription with one of them you stand a chance of having it filled when/if new stocks arrive. rolleyes
  • Posted

I'm in the same situation but luckily have a box or so in 'stock'. Was taking two not three per day. However as I was driving the other day I passed a chemist I hadn't seem before (a small independent branch) so I rang them and they said they had run out of the last two boxes only on Thursday. This got me thinking that there must be stock out there. After phoning approx 45 chemists I have located 4 boxes.
  • Posted

Our Boots isn't letting you do that, I'll have to keep phoning for updates.

Well done Rockyrabbit. That's great for you. Not so lucky in my area of Weston-super-Mare though.

Wish it was, as am getting really down now - like lots of others I'm sure.

• Posted

@TABOO - no luck in clevedon either thats my area, have tried - nailsea, portishead, yatton, WSM, bristol even birmingham !!

I give up !

x

• Posted

Hi all, I have the exact same problem! I have called up every chemist i can find in west cumbria, have even called ones in suffolk where i used to live but no joy! I was just wondering if anybody knows, if i keep hold of the script can i still use it when it comes back into stock or will i need a new one? x
  • Posted

my chemist said the prescription lasts for 6 months fender,after that you will need to get a new one,the way things are going we will all need to do thatsad
  • Posted

Got a phone call off my chemist this morning telling me my prescription was ready was the uk generic orlistat but it just the same as the exenical
  • Posted

Thats good news Wayne ..hopefully supplies are starting to get through again.. What area are you in Wayne?

Im in Essex hopefully it will be countrywide soon..... rolleyes

• Posted

@wayne2012 - that's great news, i think it will end up being the generic one from now on from what i have read, but hey who care's as long as we can get it eh !!

x

• Posted

What's the difference between the generic one and oralist at?
  • Posted

Orlistat!!! Spell corrector!!!!
  • Posted

Dont give them the satisfaction of rising to the bait.

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.