No stock of orlistat !!!!

Posted , 69 users are following.

Hi everyone this is my first time on here.

As I can't get my prescription from any local

Chemists everyone is saying there is a problem

With the manafactuer. Has anybody else had the same

Problem.

Help xxx

4 likes, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi guys - im new to this board came on here to get advice-started last Friday so far so good.

Just wanted to say I live in Hampshire and the first chemist i went to were out of stock but i rang around and managed to find one that stocked them - hope you all manage to get some soon.

• Posted

So do I where abouts, I live near Hartley Wintney.

Mike

• Posted

Hi to all of you smile I was the lucky one today, I got supply of Orlistat from the small pharmacy out of the town. I have check many pharmacies around the place where I live and couldnt find anywhere. Dont look for it in the big pharmacies like Tesco, Asda etc. try find pharmacies in more quiet places they may still have some left. I wish you good luck and I hope the Orlistat would be back soon in pharmacies
  • Posted

Hi all

I've just been prescribed Orlistat by my Diabetic doctor via Hospital and now I'm told it won't be available until late May. Insulin gains weight and hinders dieting as you can imagine low intake isn't good for blood sugars so its a no win problem. I only need to loose a stone if that but you would have thought my consultant would have know of this shortage. Its a good job its not a 'need now' or 'die' medication for me but what if it was????

There is no alternative, I've just been told to keep asking just in case I get lucky....

• Posted

Hi all

Thought I'd update you all. I've just come across

Lloyds pharmacy dot com who do online prescriptions. I tried my orlistat and it came up in stock. I now have to send them my prescription

(freepost) and should get my meds in 5 days.

Ive never used them before so can't recommend at this stage and will keep you posted, their cust servs no is 0845 600 3565. Thought I'd let you all know.

• Posted

hi most chemists have had a small supply of orlistat in the last couple of days!! i've managed to get a months worth (my prescription was for 3months worth) but i'm just happy to have managed to get a box! the only problem is a lot of chemists have a list of patients wanting orlistat but if u ring round a few u might be lucky enough to get a box, hope this has helped vicki xxx
  • Posted

I have not not had orilstat since getting my script the end of feb.does anybody know whats happening as this is my first time getting it
  • Posted

I have managed to find an online supply of Xenical/Orlistat. I went to The Online Clinic and they have it in stock. They are a private clinic so it is pretty expensive but it all arrived the day after I ordered it. On my 2nd week and everything is fine. I was a bit worried about buying online but they have a license. Seemed very professional. If you can afford to go private then I recommend this website.
  • Posted

How much did you pay?
  • Posted

How much did you pay?
  • Posted

Hi

I said i'd keep you posted about my order of Oristat from Lloyds online pharmacy, well I got my order today paid around £9, usual pres charge plus p&p.

I would have got it last Friday but was out so had to have it re-delivered, and with it being Easter, had it today.

will start it at the weekend and keep you posted about weightless. Good luck to you all in getting supplies.

• Posted

hiya,

I just phoned lloyds pharmacy and they informed me they where out of stock due to manufacturing issues and would not have a supply till mid may.. im soo gutted! As soon as i saw your post i rushed to call them.

• Posted

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me when Orlistat is available at chemists again.

• Posted

I wrote to Roche the drug company that has the distribution rights to Orlistat (Xenical) and they have said that there will be no more statements regarding Orlistat until at least the middle of May.

Inside the drug distribution world they are saying that there will be no more orlistat until at least the end of the year.

It would a appear that the manufactuer had included in the receipe two constituants that had not been passed by the American Drug Agency and could cause Liver damage.

Mike

• Posted

Hi All,

Im not sure that this will help but i have been given a prescription for the first time today and when taken to the Pharmacy the lady said there is a manufacturing problem and that they wont be getting any until the middle of May and thats not even for definate.

Keep up with the diets though :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.