No zest for life .... nothing excites me.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I wondered if anybody else feels this way? I used to get excited if the bloody gardener was coming ! Now I don’t even care about the garden. 

I used to order clothes online all the time didn’t keep most of them but I’d get a little buzz about it . Now I couldn’t give a s***. 

I’d get excited about my workout now have to push myself to do it... I mean really push .we have a big car event next week in my town I’ve got friends who come to it and it’s loads of fun ... fancy cars fancy events .. not even excited about that ! Normally I’d be picking outfits out getting a spray tan ...

What is this all about . 

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ladies a friend just told me about a book called sex lies and menopause written by a female doctor. Supposed to be amazing. 
    • Posted

Katherine,

Thanks for this info! I've added it to the books to read. Appreciate you sharing this with the group!

• Posted

Hi. Yes! I don’t look like I did  6 months or a year ago. Anyone else have weight Gain and water retention out of the blue? This sucks. I was really fit and happy and now  I’m flabby and hardly motivated. It’s like it just all came on since Nov.  also anxiety and depression and just the blahs 
    • Posted

By the way I’m 48 almost 49 how old are y’all? 
  • Posted

I also can relate to all of you and so sad you all feel this way. The series Shirley Valentine has just been on the last month and those celebrities are going through a similar thing, watch it on catch up.  Not quite as low as us, but they’re lost in life. 

I was feeling ready to give up a few weeks ago, single mum, bread winner, cook and cleaner, then bed rest in between as I have ME/Fibro. 

Then after 3 years after menopause I had a heavy bleed out of the blue! My body had been affected by my depression and struggle. They put me in a fast track list at the “C” clinic. I’ve just had my final test, hysteroscopy and given the all clear! What a wake up call. I’ve given my job up and am now going to build my strength back up and hopefully get my spark back.  Good look to everyone of you xx

• Posted

Hi everybody. I can relate to not having the same feelings for things I once did before. I discovered that I now have feelings for news things in my life. Things that I never would of given a first thought too, suddenly interest me.

I believe these blaagh feelings are pushing to examine different areas of our life that needs to be released. Making room for new thoughts, ideas, passions and friends.

It really is a rebirth.  Now that I am menopausal, I find that I am more assertive in the things that I want. Were as before menopause I would just kind of follow people and quietly agree with them. I find myself being more verbal now, I express myself way more than ever. I have made new friends who have different interest. Before meno I do not think I would of really socialize with them.

My coworkers have repeatedly told me that I have changed also. 

So ladies don't  despair,  your feelings will return. But when they do, you will surprised at the changes in yourself. It really is a rebirth of you.

• Posted

Good to know youve come out of this a better person ... it’s inspirational . We tend to read a lot of bad stories on here including my journey  that I’ve posted.

When you’re in the midst of this HELL you can’t see anything good coming out of it so...... here’s hoping for all of us! 

• Posted

Hi Lori, thank you for replying to my post. I don't know if I am a better person now. I do know that I have changed mentally, physically and emotionally that is for sure. I do not invest my energy and attention to things that no longer interest or are not beneficial to my well being. 

I still have my not to good moments. I still experience most of symptoms everyone here talks about. Not as much as I did before menopause. This is the second half of ours lives now. Gotta make it work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.