Nobody knows what's wrong !

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been feeling unwell for a year and half now . I have hot sweats ,hair loss , dizziness , heart fluttering and palpitations , Sleeping problems,nausea, Fatigue ,burning tongue and inside ears and my skin feels sun burnt at the back of my neck and back . Symptoms are worse in the morning.

I have been tested for thyroid ,hormones ,celiac you name it I've had the test . I have lowprogesterone, low ferritin(now corrected) and endometriosis but my endocrinologist told me this wouldn't cause these problems. The only tests l haven't had are vitamin deficiencies(apart from basics like iron and b12 )and allergies .The nhs haven't offered me these tests . I am sick and tired of feeling like this and l do t know where to turn . I am only 32 and feel like I don't enjoy life anymore because l never feel well ! Does anyone have a idea what could be causing these symptoms ? Thanks

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi ya

Are you on any type of contraception ???

B12 defiency don't cause the symtoms you have

When did your progesterone get better and what was prescribed???

Try and help if I can

• Posted

Hi popcorn,

I am on yasmin contraceptive pill . My low progesterone has never been corrected .Thanks

• Posted

Hi Popcorn,

Just wondered if you have been tested for Lupus. I had very similar symptoms and was finally diagnosed with SLE (Lupus). This time last year I barely got off the couch with exhaustion and aches all over. A lot of your symptoms are the same as mine. Just a thought.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi catfreeneyes I' would say that either you your contraceptive is causing hormone inbalance and giving you yand side effect symtoms I would book an appointment with your gp and get referred to a gynocologist you should not be dealing with this on your own without medical supervision

Have they done ultrasounds smears and infection swabs if not these should be done to rule out other problems

Sorry I can't help you much but medical help you need even if its just making sure nothing else wrong and also get your hormones sorted as by the look of it to me this is the major factor causing the symtoms

• Posted

Hi , the symtoms started before l went on the pill . I've had an ultra sound to rule out poly cystic ovaries .All they found was slightly enlarged ovaries . The drs literally shrug their shoulders ! I'm sick of it ! Nobody is helping me !
  • Posted

Hi , no Karen I haven't . What is Lupus ? Thanks
  • Posted

You got to go back to your gp Yeep you feel alone but if you don't go back your gp going to think your ok and unfortunate as it is that's how the nhs works if you don't keep in touch with GPS your never going to get to the cause of your symtoms

I be here for you but can only advice what I would do and have felt lost and dispared like your feeling right now

Please get an appointment ASAP no one should go through what you are

• Posted

Oh lupus is rash fatigue and joint pain I think you can rule that out still think its hormonal dr should be still investigating your enlarge ovaries and your symtoms Hun

Don't be put aside by the medical teams like I said keep on at your gp that's what their there for you want answers not get on with it like they have seem to have done sorry for being so blunt but I do know what your going through been there to many times in my case took three years to get a diagnosis not pleasant outcome but now I know whats wrong can deal with it

It's the unknown that I hate makes things worse

• Posted

I didn't have a rash with the lupus, which is an auto immune illness that can cause many different symptoms. The human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks healthy cells in the body. Some people can have different symptoms to others and there isn't necessarily a classic pattern. Mine have included sleep problems, severe aches and pains, bladder infections, total exhaustion and some foods which I loved seemed to taste awful (coffee was one). I even bent over to do up my shoe last year and fractured a rib. Have a look on the net at the symptoms and it won't hurt to ask your gp. I didn't believe mine until she got some blood tests done so luckily I have a great dr. She had noticed that I was walking differently (my joints were sore but I just thought I was getting older) and she asked me if I had pain. She's been my dr for about 24years which has been a blessing as she knew me so well.

Just go and ask your gp, there are so many varied symptoms and no one is the same.

Good luck sweetie.

• Posted

Hi there I had all those symptoms when diagnosed with early slow menopause after a hysterectomy ( they left the ovaries) and I also had Vitamin B anaemia. So as my body doesn't absorb Vitamin B I have injection every 3 months. I also take a low dose HRT.

So it does appear to be linked with your hormones.It took 7 years for me to be treated correctly as I just accepted what I was told.Don't give up, challenge the answers and if the tests don't work keep going back and asking for different ones. Until you to that you won't get your life back by feeling better and you deserve that. Best of luck.

• Posted

I have had all my hormones tested . I am seeing an endocrinologist but he doesn't seem to have a clue as to what is going on . The hormones that came back abnormal were my progesterone.This was very low at my Luteal phase . My prolactin was also very high . I also had low ferritin which is now corrected due to taking ferrous fumerate ) eventually found out this is due to macro prolactin .

He has never treated my low progesterone so l have decided to try natural progesterone cream to see if it helps . I wake up in the morning with heart palpitations, sweats and burning sensations in my tongue, and back of neck ,head and shoulders (it feels like sun burn but l haven't been in the sun )very strange .

I have seen a tricologist about my hair loss and she told me my hair is falling out due to my hair not getting the nutrients l put into my body (I eat loads of protein , drink alot of water and take loads of vitamins and iron ). My scalp is very tight .

I feel very lethargic alot of the time and l get nausea .I feel like when l go to the gp he doesn't really know what to do next so l research all l can and join forums to try to find answers . I have had Thyroid tests , adrenal tests , hormonal tests , basic vitamin deficiency tests and l am now waiting on autoimmune tests . Can anyone think of any other tests l should suggest to the dr?

• Posted

I am sick of my gp saying its all stress related . It really isn't . I want him to investigate this further without sending me to a shrink !
  • Posted

Hi ya

By the sounds of it all the test you had done are clear which is positive step you need to take a step back trying to treat yourself without knowing whats wrong sometimes not a good thing I will help you like a said but first you need to tell me what happen first and why you started to ask for medical treatment

What medication you were given etc what medication you on now ? What symtoms have you now ?

You body is stressed without you knowing it as not knowing whats wrong always a factor and everyone goes through it unfortunate your gp can't help without the test to be positive its a long journey but stepping back and looking at what you know may help figure out the problem your sytoms could be a range of problems ie medication food etc

Kaz

When your nxt appointment ?

• Posted

All my symptoms started 3 weeks after a laperoscopy and helium beam treatment for endometriosis .I had the operation in March last year . I have suffered from endometriosis for about 8 years . I take tramadol on a daily basis for pain .
  • Posted

Hi Hun

Ok what systems did you have with endometriosis presume it was something to do with period or ovulation

Why did you have laparoscopy as this is normally preformed on bowels ?

Tramadol how long you been taking and what dose and why do you still take?

What contraceptive do you take ??

I try and help and maybe by this afternoon we find a way forward for you

Also give me a list of test you had done and when ?

Kaz xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.