Nobody leave please

Posted , 9 users are following.

PLEASE nobody leave what would do, i cannot get into health unlocked, tried.

why they want to meddle beats me we are all not into IT my computers skills are not good

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi Maggie, just got home from surgery appt. I need to take a breath for a bit, but don't worry, I'm not goin anywhere! I'll try 2 catch up w/you in a bit ( if I can find you!)πŸ˜•πŸ’•

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I don't have a problem in following the link and getting in. The trouble with new designs is that they have to bed in and flag up what doesn't work. We'll need to be patient for a while. I'll be happy to list one or two blips I've already discovered and inform the administrator. Meanwhile we're still here! @

• Posted

The trouble is Celia this is the fourth iteration I have been faced with in the last few years and had to learn to navigate without any help at all.

I had a year when it was next to impossible to get onto the forum at all. I have had periods where I didn't get notifications and had to log in and check every individual internal notification. I still cannot see which post a reply applies to or the first line of the comment as on other forums I use - just who started the thread, When that is a person with a memorable name and they have only posted a couple that is fine, I don't mind. But when someone with a fairly common user name (I can't remember the numerical part of every name) posts several threads that are running concurrently - I have then to check every single notification to be sure I have seen them all.

Maybe I think too much of my own value - but this has been my charity/volunteering role for the last 10 years and I think I do provide a useful service with regard to sound and reliable medical and life management info about PMR and GCA. I'm just fed up with it being made more difficult - unnecessarily so IMHO.

• Posted

Just keep reading! The last time you mucked about with the forum you claimed you were listening (perhaps not you personally but "The moderators") and there didn't appear to be much listening to the things we found most difficult for ages. i.e. you decided ignore them and maybe they'll go away.

I know that in the past the IT bunnies have been advised something will not be a good idea but it was introduced nevertheless. The IT bunnies are young and IT-savvy. The users of medical forums are generally speaking NOT.

• Posted

Thanks. Couple of problems so far. DEFAULT CAPITALISATION ON IPAD AND PHONE. Also double click at end of system doesn't give a full stop

Hope this helps

• Posted

Eileen please do not LEAVE you are invaluable to this forum without you this last four years i would have been in a right pickle.

• Posted

Good for you Eileen i am sick to death of young ones not thinking of the older generation.n

like to see how they will cope in twenty or thirty years when they are older

• Posted

@celia14153 Yup - spotted that too, very annoying!!! It's on my list to fix over the next couple of days.

• Posted

amen Maggie....whatever happened to the notion of respecting one's elders? (of course, I've got a hard time w/that too, as I consider myself to be quite a young 67)!!πŸ˜πŸ˜‡πŸ˜±

• Posted

once again, I'm not sure this is being posted to the correct place....when typing, I was replying to Maggie, but after I pressed "send", I noticed it's not coming up directly under her post....It's a ways down!

Ughhh...is anyone else still struggling to figure this out?

I don't want to keep creating new posts just to try and gather everyone together!

Very frustrating....😣

• Posted

Thanks. Also like to say that changes do need time to bed in and some of these look good.

• Posted

That isn't any different to what it was before - it slots in after the last comment in a thread.

• Posted

I SECOND THAT Eileen....can we just all hang in and still be there 4 one another? I'm needing all your support right now due to impending surgery...I'm scared😒

• Posted

not finding that to be true, at least 4 me.....example, I didn't find your comment for 20m, till I went back 2 email and then got bounced back to this!

not sure if I'm explaining this well....HOPE you can understand what I'm trying to convey. my answers AND responses seem to be ALL over the place!

• Posted

You provide more than a valuable service Eileen .You are a lifeline so hope all this works out in the end .

• Posted

not finding that to be true (at least for me). my posts/answers are ALL OVER the place! I'm literally posting randomly as I "stumble" across something. I think I probably sound like a Looney toons right now!

I keep checking back in 2 see if I have more patience to figure this out, but alas, I DO NOT!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!😠

• Posted

Hi jetski5833 I expect you've seen comments about duplicates I thought I'd been spared but this morning several duplicates appeared in my in box . Also, less important, the emojicons aren't working. I just get question marks. Thanks Celia

• Posted

@celia14153 I noticed the emojis arent working either when using native phone emojis. I am going to first sort the profile pages out, as that seems number one priority.

Then I will look in to the editor - let you know when either rolls out.

• Posted

If my messages are anything to go by, some emojis used in the past are just going to be replaced by lines of gobbeldy-gook.

I don't use a phone - I couldn't do what I do on a phone and I don't HAVE native emojis.

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

Thought i'd wake up to a nice surprise and all would be running smoothly again...DURRR!...nothing doingπŸ™ƒ....got whole new load of repeat posts and replies AGAIN! and OOPS'S..😴 so tedious!

I think the reason why you could not get your picture up of you doggy is because i'm using a mobile phone your prob using a computer. You can't press on the pics with your finger on a computer. I would have thought the powers that be who made these changes would have thought of and considered that πŸ€”πŸ™ƒ.. anyway hope your not too stressed lynda it wont help you and your symptoms! Try and have a day stress free it at all possible.....be a coolcase....good thoughts ..take care...

• Posted

Mary, Mary my cyber-sister.....I SO look forward to hearing from you...you never cease to put a HUGE smile on my face!

I'm not sure where they're at as far as fixin this thing, but at least I can get in now!

I KNOW!....whoops, an error was making me pull out my hair⚑😩⚑!!

and to answer your question, I too am on my cell phone....don't have a computer. that's kinda blastphomy (sp??) where I live....the heart of silicon valley USA!!😜

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

Oh you are using mob! 😊 ..i can't think why it didn't work if you followed the directions...maybe your pressing too hard on your screen..try again and just put a little bit of pressure with your finger then lightly touch it again ...it should then go back to your reply and say 'uploading etc., wait a few secs for it to upload....then there will only be feint grey writing once uploaded, a image picture will appear until you press reply....

Awwww ..hope if you try again it will be successful...but don't try again if it's going to stress you though.....hope you have a happy day without any stress....keep smiling 😁 keep swimming 🏊 be a coolcaseπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.