Non Drug based tips

Posted , 7 users are following.

There are plenty of use either taking prescribed drugs or unprescribed unlicensed herbal remedies. These help us all in different ways but i was wondering what other little gems people may have that have helped them however obvious or peculiar they may be ? These methods are usually the ways we eradicate the issues around depression rather than mask them with meds. Don't get ne wrong thous the meds help stabilise you when your on your journey.

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I've found cognitive therapies very helpful. 
    • Posted

How long where your sessions and when did they start making the difference ? Your experiences and tips are helpful to us all
    • Posted

How long where your sessions and when did they start making the difference ? Your experiences and tips are helpful to us all
    • Posted

At first it was an allowance of 8 sessions through the NHS then reduced to 6, that seems to be the norm now. I think it's all been privatised again. I had anxiety management sessions through MIND, then was referred to a "well being service". My therapist kept going on holiday so my session were fractured. I'm still in need of more therapy & need to self refer. I've had bad experiences with therapists & have trust issues so I find it hard to push myself into getting a new therapist. Some of them are a waste of time & other have better techniques. I've seen experienced ones & student ones. 
    • Posted

6 Session just doesn't seem to sound enough, that in essence is 3-6 hours at best. Surely a 30-60 minute appointment is not enough ?
  • Posted

I have found talking to the Samaritans Has really helped me at my lowest points. Just knowing you wont be judged or thought less of for admitting your life is less than perfect at the Moment means everything.

I am also a big Fan of Holistic therapies As It treats the whole Person not Just the symptoms like Stress, anxiety etc. So much so I trained In Holistic therapies myself and have turned my Hobby into a business.

I am not saying what helps me Will Help everyone but its certainly helps me. :-)

• Posted

I think all options should be looked at, holistic approaches are for everyone but when i had acupuncture for my back pain, th ephysio also put pins in locations for stress and anxiety relief. Usually the pin was put between my thumb and first finger to easy anxiety. It seem to help in short term for me
    • Posted

So Sorry to hear that accupuncture only gave you short Term relief. If accupuncture is not for you Maybe try a different kind of therapy.

I know that complementry therapies can be a little steep for those on a limited Budget and not always easy to Access.

Keep on looking for an alternative to medication and Let me know what you find out

• Posted

I  Focus mainly on massage. Indian Head. Thai Hand and Foot Massage,Aromatherapy, Pressure point Massage. Lymph drainage and Swedish.Body Massage. All NVQ Level 3 Qualified.

I would try out all These treatments and More and if I liked them I would train In them.

I donate time to a Good cause offering my Services for free. As I know how much Massage Has helped me In the past without having to rely on medication. Jo

• Posted

Hey private message me and I bump your skills on twitter personally and thru my business links too.

Quite a lot of business are keen in your services

• Posted

I find that Pilates helps me relax & a bit of Yoga, I watch online videos so not sure If I've got the correct postures but stretching helps.
    • Posted

Do you know dinky I never thought Pillates. My friend tells me its fantastic but It looked difficult to master. Who knows I may give It a Go :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.