Non Drug based tips

Posted , 7 users are following.

There are plenty of use either taking prescribed drugs or unprescribed unlicensed herbal remedies. These help us all in different ways but i was wondering what other little gems people may have that have helped them however obvious or peculiar they may be ? These methods are usually the ways we eradicate the issues around depression rather than mask them with meds. Don't get ne wrong thous the meds help stabilise you when your on your journey.

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So We have 

1. Counselling

2. Pilates

3. Complimentary and Holsitic Health

4. Exercise

Anyone tried Aromatherapy, someone PM me and suggest sex

• Posted

Ha ha yeah that last one should help if you have the drive of course these drugs tend to zap desires for that.

Lavendar is nice for relaxation & clarysage but it can make you a bit "high"

• Posted

Got to admit it tickled me and put a smile on my face, it has a fairly noticeable effect on us men
  • Posted

I've most recently found rollerskating good, I take my kids every week & it's under £3 a session at my local sports centre. I may even buy myself some skates for the summer & go to the coat on a long stretch of (level) path for exercise. 
  • Posted

I have had many meds and many sessions I found one to one with a good thearpist helps I've had many relaxation sessions too . Not on any at the mo though , 
  • Posted

Hi, just wanted to add about CBT - Try MoodGym - free internet based CBT that you do in your own time at home/work/on the bus. Really helped me with moderate depression. I really didn't want any medication (this time, tried them before) and I'm so pleased I've got to this stage without tablets as that was important to me. Also, serotonin-boosting foods! bananas and nuts! Also of course....sunshine and exercise are essential. Just gotta make time for it.
    • Posted

nice one Sarah, I have used this too. Think it will help other to know its available

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.