non stop burning

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been diagnosed by biopsy about 4 months ago. I don't have the white patches neither the itching but I have a on an off burning sensation. I have tried the sitz bath, the coconut oil, desitin cream but the burning keep coming back. I use the Clob 2X a week and Estrace in alternative dates...any idea on what I can do to ease and to avoid this burning?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi mborr, that's happened to me a few times and it ends up I have a yeast infection. Just wondering if you had that checked. LS doesn't effect inside the vagina and I am very red and burning just inside. I think I might have vaginitis from what I have read. Going to get that checked and let you know. Could be reason why nothing is helping.
    • Posted

Thx for replying.. I just had a yeast infection a couple of week ago.. Can be it again?
    • Posted

It could be as I have read that yeast infections are stubborn with LS and flare ups of it can be painful and burning. I had it to not long ago but I didn't go and get antibiotics because I feel my LS gets angry a few weeks after being on antibiotics which I think is a no no, but I was burning so bad I put 1/4 cup of baking soda in warm water into a sitz bath and sat inn hate or 20 minutes and it really stopped the burning but not sure if it cleared up the infection or not or if I just temporarily cleared up the burning. After a week so far so good though 
    • Posted

sorry, should say sat in it for 20 minutes
    • Posted

I will try to sit on the baking soda to see if it will work.. Thx again!!
  • Posted

I have to say sitting in warm water with baking soda is very soothing. It has helped when I feel burning and general soreness with my LS.
  • Posted

Baking soda has already been mentioned.  It is my number one thing with LS and other issues as well.  Of course the Glob stays as maintenance, though I use very little at the moment.  

Also pay attention to your food intake.  Cutting out sugar and alcohol has made a big difference with me.  To just name a few items.  

• Posted

Hi mborr

Yeast infections can be stubborn and re-occur. I am at present struggling with the second one in 3 months - have been prescribed FLUZOL for 6 weeks - one tablet a week for 6 weeks. Certainly eases the burning but it takes time to subside. Lots of vaseline jelly coating after rinsing with plain warm water after each toilet visit  eases the burning. Good luck.

AZM

Hope this may help.

• Posted

Thx you all for the tips... One question: sugar and artificial sweeteners are not recommended, what to use in its place?
    • Posted

The answer is simple in my opinion - you go without.  Sorry. 
    • Posted

Sugar is something you do need to be carefull with, but I think Stevia might be okay to use as an alternative because its not an artificial sweetener, it comes from a plant and it is 200 times sweeter than sugar in the same concentration.
    • Posted

Yes I know, I don't know all that much about it to be honest, but some people struggle with not having some sweet stuff and will find it almost impossible not to have some treats which is why I mentioned it.  

Yesterday I half coated a few fresh strawberries with my dairy free, casein free, gluten free chocolate, and it was delicious!!! otherwise quite honestly I would feel wretched, as I have to have something nice every now and again, especially since having stopped smoking last year.  

Also remember although we all have Lichen Schlerosus, some people will react really badly to something sweet  whilst others might be okay with the occasional treat..I think I fall into that category, but your right you do have to be careful  as I had the worst Candida ever last year and I certainly don't want that to come back, it was Hell!

Speaking of "treats" and on a  slightly different topic I was shocked earlier today to find out that the Beta A1 protein (Casein)in Milk is more toxic than Gluten, its 23 times more toxic for people with a protein intolerance to milk.  Which is one of the reasons why I cant have the odd glass of white wine anymore as derivatives of milk is used, although I think many red wines are okay.

• Posted

For me it's - no gluten, no dairy (only a small amount of good quality yoghurt) no alcohol, and of course no sugar.  Cheese has been a major trigger.  Never thought that this could affect my LS so much.  

So I've learned to do anything to avoid a flare-up.  Every time that happens it sets you so far back, I find.  Though it takes a while before you've figured it all out.  Would I have known then what I know now, my life would have taken a different and better turn much earlier.  

• Posted

At least you are on the right track now, but from what you have said you have really had a terrible time with LS, just awfull! and so you must be feeling a whole  lot happier  knowing what you can and cannot touch, more in control.  

Your right It does take a while to figure it all  out and sometimes it can take years!

• Posted

No it is a plant that is sweet but not a carbohydrate as i understand it, very little is needed and so is useful if you have a sweet tooth

I copied this from a web page

Definition: Stevia is a sugar substitute derived from the leaves of the stevia plant that is significantly sweeter than sugar but contains no calories, which has made it ideal for low-carb diets and those watching their sugar intake. Most often considered an herb or dietary supplement, stevia is available in most health food stores, but it has even begun to surface in mainstream products after its approval for use as an additive by the FDA in 2008. 

Hope that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.