Non working gallbladder with dizziness and imbalance.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm almost suffering with digestion issues like belching/burping/dizziness/imbalance for 7 years. I did MRI, it was normal. Did colonoscopy and endoscopy 3 times, remarked with gastritis. But HIDA scan showed my gallbladder is not working at all 0%. I can remember these dizziness /imbalance started when I felt a pain on my right side. If I eat any oily, fatty, protein foods like chicken my stomach gets distended where I need to burp/belch to get relieve from symptoms. My concern is more on the dizziness/imbalance compared to my digestion issues. My B12 was low, had multiple shots but did not help much.Doctors says only if I remove my gallbladder we will come to know if dizziness is due to that or not.So like to hear from you all if it is the right thing to remove non working gallbladder.In internet, who suffer only comes and post, who are good , don't care and look after their life. I really like to hear if anybody had the above issues and how did get solved.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi jayvin .... you may be suffering from a virus called Epstein Barr Virus.   i was reading about it the other day and it was saying how this particular virus can disrupt our bodies in many ways, giving various symptoms ..... I would urge you to research this a little more, but to get rid of this virus (which many many people across the world have) your diet has to contain a lot of fresh foods/fruits.

• Posted

My gallbladder was sluggish and not working as well as it should but still a lot better than you. And I felt horrendous so it’s no surprise you are feeling a bit rubbish. It’s not going to be doing you and good by keeping a completely non functioning gallbladder so would be getting that out as soon as possible before you end up with some kind of infection. 

Had mines out 4 weeks ago and felt better almost immediately. Yeah there’s been some issues with wound healing and a wound infection but still glad I got it out. 

I’ve had vertigo in the past too which was caused by crystals in the inner ear becoming dislodged and causing the dizziness and imbalance. I’m assuming you’ve been checked for all that though?

Get booked up for the gallbladder to come out though so you can get some kind of life back! Good luck xx

• Posted

Thank you. Did your digestion problems like burping/belching are resolved?
    • Posted

Had a lot of wind for the first week as they inflate your stomach with carbon dioxide so they can take out the gallbladder laparoscopically xx
    • Posted

How do you feel now after 4 weeks of surgery? Digestion issues are resolved ? And able to eat any kind of food?
    • Posted

I’d had nausea almost constantly for 7 weeks before surgery. That was gone as soon as I’d woken up 👍🏼. Haven’t been sick since either. Was a bit constipated to begin with but that was prob due to medication. Had an upset stomach a few days but again was due to antibiotics

I’ve managed to eat macaroni cheese which is probably quite fatty as cheese has a high fat content. Also managing to eat my usual bar of chocolate a day haha. Haven’t had any side effects from them anyway. Tbh I didn’t really eat really fatty foods like takeaways very often before the surgery. Not a fan of chips (fries) or anything that’s too greasy either. So yeah I’d say I’m back to eating what i ate before surgery xx

• Posted

Good to know scottie all your issue resolved. Thanks for sharing that will help more folks to make a informed decision. My huge concern is dizziness/imbalance compared to my gallbladder pain and digestion issues. Not sure if this will go or not after removing GB.
    • Posted

Has your doctor referred you to ENT about the balance/dizziness issue? I know my vertigo was BPPV so had to get Epley manoeuvre done 3 times over the space of about 6-8 weeks before it finally worked. They’d be the best people to find out if it’s an inner ear issue which is causing it.

Either way though your gallbladder needs to come out. Hopefully that happens as soon as so you can find out if that’s makes any difference to how you feel xx

• Posted

I was referred to neurologist. He did a series of test. But everything was fine. Not referred to ENT so far..I will ask him to check on that too. Regarding my gallbladder, spouse always suggests to stick with bland diet instead of removing the organ. She is afraid of complications and other issues and I'm the only bread winner for the family and only 36 years old. Gastro doctor feels my dizziness won't go away even if I remove my gallbladder and he said it may help with bloating /burping. My general physician says we have check all and I see gb is the only issues ,only after removing it you will come to know it's bcoz of the gallbladder or isolated issue. He also says that it is not gauranty all my digestion issues will be resolved.

Current issues:- 1)indigestion/burping/bloating

2) dizziness,fatigue with blurry vision.

3) poking sensation in both of my legs and sometimes urge to urinate.

4)my A1bc is 5.7 last year.

• Posted

Nonfunctioning gallbladders don't get better. They also affect the other organs they are supposed to work with.  You have a diseased organ and it's best not to keep it in your body.  It can become infected and the infection can spread.  Not to scare you, it can also become cancerous. 

• Posted

I have this issue since 2011. If I eat a bland diet my burping/bloating and dizziness is manageable. But any than other makes severe. My spouse puts lot of pressure not to remove the organ as she feels it can bring other complications as she is seeing me suffering with cycles where few months eating and feeling good and other month sick with digestion issues.I'm the only bread winner for the family, any further issues for me will leave my family in miserable state. She always ask me what if my problem s still does not get away after removal or further complications. Atleast I'm now managing somehow.

• Posted

This is a long time to suffer with unresolved issues.  I suggest that you remind your wife that diseased gallbladders can become cancerous, and how will she manage if she loses you.  She is understandably worried, but she's denying you the opportunity to fix what's going on.  You need to be healthy, and not in pain.  Most gallbladder removal complications can be dealt with, but not everyone gets them. Fear is not a reason to refuse treatment, when what needs to be treated could become life threatening. 

• Posted

Do you get paid sick leave from work? If you don’t do a strenuous job you could be back at work in 2 weeks. I’d definitely recommend the surgery. Not being funny but it’s you going through the pain and suffering, not your wife. I’m sure if it was her she’d have had the surgery already! Really feel for you just now as think you know what’s best for you but getting conflicting advice from your other half xx
  • Posted

Hun I was just wondering what you decided to do. I’ve been sick for 8 months at first it was just vitamin d deficiency and I think magnesium. It wasn’t checked by when I took it I felt some what better. Anyway I ended up at ER 2 days ago and I have gallstones. I see surgeon again tomorrow as I had to have CTscan yesterday to confirm I did have stones and hope to have surgery Monday but I am dizzy today and a lil shaky but I haven’t been able to eat much the past few days as I’m nauseous when I do and bloated. But when I get dizzy I get heart palpitations and is if t fall or anxiety. I did find a post that said dizziness is a symptom of gallbladder. And heart palpitations can be too because of the Vegas nerve. So anyway just wanted an update. Thanks hope your doing well. 
    • Posted

Hi ashley,

I would just like to follow up if the gullstone operation worked for the dizzyness?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.