none stop bleeding five months

Posted , 11 users are following.

suffering with bleeding for five months all the dr has done is blood tests for homones and i had a smear which came back with an infection which i took antibiotics for so they didnt work and that was three months ago i went back and i have a scan due in two weeks im so scared i have uterine cancer or so thi g else real badi have no other symptoms other than it gets worse if i strain i thought it was just menoporse but dr says not cos my bloods ok should i have been waiting this long to get a scan five months? seems so long for me why do drs rule out the simmple things first and not cancer firsti wont due from the simple things its stupid

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

got a constant stitch pain in my left side mostly but got a lesser pain i. right side, i think it may be ovary related not sure but it hurts and wont go. im worried about it.just have to see what dr says at hospital next week.

its making me think i have cancer and its now spread and now i have this pain now for over a week and its not good im just thinking the worst all the time. just cant wait to get it all sorted now.

• Posted

hi all well i dont have cancer i went to see gyno at hospital yesterday and got that news but as for my bleeding he only offered me the coil i refused it and then he offerd me  progesterone gosh think thats spelled right  anyways i havnt taken it but i wasnt offerd an ablasion or anything felt like he didnt care and im still bleeding and got terrible period pains to go with it now and also started sweati g but not hot flushes just terrible extra sweati g inbetween my legs its horrible all up my backside groin and tops of legs no were else. i feel like nobody cares and iv just got to bleed forever till meno is over. the gyno at hospital just said come back in three months. im sad. does anyone know of somtni g i can take to help witn the blood loss and pains and all or should i take the pills dr gave me its just that i dont like taking  homones.
    • Posted

i mean norethisterone he gave me that 
  • Posted

Hi, I replied to you earlier on in the thread. I had very similiar symptoms to you, I was also put on Norethisterone. Some people are not suitable for ablation, (like me) as the womb needs to be normal size which is around 6 cm, mine is 13cm the DR says that the more kids youhave the more likely to have an enlarged womb. I had the coil fitted and continued with the norethisterone for 3 months as the coil takes time to work. So a year later I have irregular bleeding, can last 5 weeks when it comes but it is very light so I can handle it, then I might go 2/3 months with nothing. In total, I am now pleased that I had the coil and hope that it sees me through the menopause. Good luck with whatever treatment you decide is best for you.
    • Posted

Hi

I was exactly the same as you except I haven't been offered ablation as I only have a slight uterine build up. I did however have many periods 7 in 3 months although not heavy they were very painful. No they have steadied out but not nice when they come. I too have been offered progesterone like you I don't want to take anything (iam already take anti depressants for peri menopause) all I would say is try to take a cream or gel form, if you take them orally they have to go through the liver which can cause more side effects. I am waiting for a month to see how I feel but in the mean time I take bio identical hormone crem which seems to be working, I also take agnus castra 1 x day

Just read and research on line as much as you can as one thing doesn't fit all

• Posted

hi id rather not take the pill he gave me as my dad died from a stroke and blood clot to leg and iv not long since had a major operation so dont want to be havi g blood clots as thats a side effect from this pill, i also could never take the pill in the past as it made me ill it used to give me bad headachs and id faint and bleed heavy. so il have to cope as of now im light and today its brown, its just horrid to have it there everyday and never stop like constantly having to wear a tampax or pantyliner, i dont want to take synthetic drugs. i want to be natural if i cant have a scrap of womb, i bought some menopace i dont know if itl help, and il have to look up herbal remedies or somthing.having ongoing period pains and bloating is doi g my head in to and iv now started sweati g alot in groin and uper legs like to the point of wet through and changing more my underwear and cloths somtimes more than three four times a day, and i went out for a walk and had to come home i was wet through like id peed myself. thats now doing my head in more. it must be meno and il have to cope, i also read on the pill on line and it said dont take it if you have unusual bleeding and dont know the cause.
    • Posted

Try bio identical hormones they are very popular in America, type in bio identical hormones uk in Internet (make sure you put uk) well springs is what I use
    • Posted

im goint to look up herbalists in uk near were i live i think see if they can give me somthing to help. but il look on line to but i think it maybe better if i go to a herbalist theyl give me right amount of what i need
    • Posted

today iv got the worst period pains ever and flooding any tips on what to take for period pains iv had pains for over two weeks but today is the worst ever
  • Posted

Sorry you're dealing with this all too common irregular bleeding of perimenopause. If you don't want to take hormones to regulate it, prescription strength NSAID's (such as Aleve) or tranexamic acid (Lysteda is the brand name in some countries) can be helpful with reducing flow. But I don't know how their risks compare against hormone risks...something you may want to read up on.

I don't know when your scan was done but it's normal for the lining to get up to 16mm during the menstrual cycle. Of course it should be thinnest right after your period completes. They want it to be less than 4mm or 5mm once you go into menopause (no periods for 12 months).

Unfortunately, procedures can have permanent negative effects so it's probably just as well you weren't offered an ablation (or hysterectomy for that matter). I know of too many women who ended up with chronic pelvic pain from ablations because the blood can get trapped behind the scarred lining (hematometra) or backs up into the tubes (retrograde menstruation). This can happen years after ablation and cause debilitating pelvic pain.

Did they check your blood for iron deficiency anemia since you've been bleeding so much? Some women have to take supplemental iron during perimenopause.

They make menstrual cups that hold quite a bit of blood if you haven't tried those. There are a number of brands, some disposable some reusable but don't know what's available there. Some names are Mooncup, DivaCup. I have never attempted to use them but there are instructions on the web and possibly with the products.

I hope this helps!

• Posted

I use feminax ultra, you have to ask at the pharmacy counter, they are bit stronger than feminax but worked better than just plain ibuprofen.

I have used a moon cup, I didn't like it but that's just individual choice

• Posted

well i started to take the pill dr gave me thought it was working as on the same day i started my flooding went way down to just a spot then day after saw nothi g till last night and then saw a bit more then today back to normal so why shoul i take a pill if its not going to work il have to go back to dr.but do t see what he can do as if pills not working a coil wont as its same homone, and i dont go back to hospital for three months this is bad having to bleed like this im hoping they didnt miss something when having biopsy why would i keep bleeding with this pill stil.
    • Posted

What pills are you taking if you don'the mind me asking. They wouldn'the miss anything in a biopsy, the consultant can spot anomalies when he takes the biopsy and they throughly check the samples that's why it takes 2 - 3 weeks for results. I have been given the option of progesterone but I want to see if I can get through it with bio identical cream first. But you have to be mindful that excessive bleeds normally means build up of the uterine wall (estrogen dominance) progesterone balances estrogen which prevents uterine cancer later in life.

• Posted

Hi, When I started the tablets it took a few days to work and then after a couple of months wasnt working and so my DR increased to 2 x 3 times a day. The coil although has the same hormone hits the right spot, however it took me about 8 months before the coil started to work and I combined it with the Norethisterone. I would also ask about Ablation in case you are suited to that. It is really frightening to bleed so much but it seems to be a common things us peri women have, so try not to worry, im sure the biopsy result is correct.
    • Posted

i started taking norethisterone three days ago one three times a day. but as of today its not working. the day i started taking it i was flooding, i mean for six months yes iv been bleeding but when i started with heavy bleeding i thought about it then decided to take the pill as i couldnt cope. well the dame day i saw a big difference, then next day only saw one spot on tip of tampax as i still wore one as i was so afraid i would bleed unexpectedly as its been going on so long. then in night got worse and now back to how i was befor flooding with light period.

i mean im 47 the dr says biopsy ok but lining is at 15mm at last scan, bleeding wont stop, they didnt offer me ablation or hysterectomy, they did offer coil then norethisterone. i had a coil fitted about 15 years ago for contraseption but it mayed me put weight on made me bleed iregular and heavy and gave me headachs so i declined a coil. but iv declined this pill lots in past but the floodi g was a worry and pain so decided to take it. but now im thinking why take it if im still bleeding.

iv done a few posts on my problem but its still a worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.