none stop bleeding five months

Posted , 11 users are following.

suffering with bleeding for five months all the dr has done is blood tests for homones and i had a smear which came back with an infection which i took antibiotics for so they didnt work and that was three months ago i went back and i have a scan due in two weeks im so scared i have uterine cancer or so thi g else real badi have no other symptoms other than it gets worse if i strain i thought it was just menoporse but dr says not cos my bloods ok should i have been waiting this long to get a scan five months? seems so long for me why do drs rule out the simmple things first and not cancer firsti wont due from the simple things its stupid

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Are you peri-menopause? May I ask how old you are? A friend of mine says she bleed heavy for 3 months nonstop with huge blood clots and then stops for just a bit and starts again. She hasnt had a pap in years and won't go to the doctor. I do know she hasnt went a year without a period yet though. She will be 57 Nov. 

• Posted

I'm 54 had not gone to dr in 20 years I had to go after dealing with same thing I had huge fibroids they had to come out that was causing heavy bleeding and I had 2 periods a month last for 2 1/2 week off few days then back again lower back hurt and pee every few mins due to fibroids pressing on bladder

She needs to break down and go !

• Posted

Had you not had a pap smear in that long too?  You not the lady that had non stop bleeding for 5 months? I think her and I are waiting on doing another test.
    • Posted

hi i had a cervical smear a vew months ago but they said it was normal, i. having a scan on the 29th, since yesterday my blood has gone im only having slight blood streaked mucos now but alot of mucos at times,

cant understand it, why would it just stop after bleeding from begining of march? i wonder if its not anything just peri and im just going to be like this till they stop fully for good. il just have to see what scan says sick of worrying about cancer or having to have an operation iv just had one on 27 th of june for a paraganglioma in my middle ear, still getting over that. its all such a worry, im 47 so i must be going to be going throu meno soon,

• Posted

Hi,before menopause I was very irregular and would bleed alot,then one day it just stopped. Sides this stuff always stops before a doctors apt or test lol. I bet your fine,probably just hormonal. Xx
    • Posted

well im still not bleeding today which is good but now just cant understand

why it all started its weird especialy when acording to dr my bloods were fine and not in meno, what hormone causes alot of blood loss? im wondering weather my bodys just sorted itself out? i dont know weather to take some homone remedie or not. dont want to set myself off again 

• Posted

hi all new symptom iv had a constant pain in my right side like a stitch it wont go its just there nigling away, and i forgot to mention im always on the loo peeing but it never all comes out i feel like im not emptying fully and then not long after im back for another pee, im still not bleeding at moment i dont know if it will start up again, well i have a scan on friday so if anything is wrong il find out soon enough, this stitch isnt good hope it goes soon, hopfuly its bowel problems .

feel like im falling to bits.

• Posted

hi all well been for a scan and he said my lining mesures 15mm and i have some cysts were my c section was done and that theyl be due to me having the c section and havi g scar tisue so he said they wouldnt cause bleeding and they were harmless then he said got no fibroids at all. so i duno why my lining is thick but he said the gyno will have to be real carfull were my cysts are if he takes away the lining as the womb is real thin there were i had c secrion and now got cysts. i duno well so does having a think lining mean i have cancer? gosh what a worry now got to wait till my dr rings me i dont even know when to ring him if i dont get a call. also im still not bleeding.

but bloated bad and keep geti g tummy ach.

i cant understand why its so thick if iv been bleeding since march. teh scaner said usualy its thicker if im due to come on but thiner when iv just finished and well iv just stoped bleeding for so long and its well very thick. so worried.

• Posted

d19606 you are in peri menopause right? If a scan can show the lining of the uterus then wonder why they put us through the transvaginal scan thats what I had done when my lininig showed 9mm. Are they going to biopsy your uterus or did they say ?
    • Posted

i think im in peri, im 47 but for a few yeasr iv had ups and downs with periods and stuff but last year i started to think i deffinatly   was  as i started to be real dry and went off sex could not sleep started geting real tierd all the time and was havi g heavy periods going for up to two weeks at a time then having a few weeks gap and another so dr gave me hrt but i didnt take it then not long after it all stoped. i stoped bei g dry and then periods got a bit lighter and were comi g for less days then i was missing a period sometimes. then i thought i was ok then missesd a period in feb then boob started a period in march and only just stoped just this week so i dont know must be meno,but i had a camera in last year that looked at my cervix and they said that looked good, then i had a scan but i heard nothing else about them.mprob dr didnt even floow it through gosh.

i may be someone who just has a thicker lining, maybe its normal in some, i have had seven children two of which were twins, so maybe that didnt ehlp havi g a c section with them and then a magor op straight afyer as i started to bleed to death. my womb has had its day. iv stoped thinking of cancer now sick of worrying. decided to forget about it for now as im not bleeding now.

• Posted

You have to miss a period for 12 full months before you are considered menopause, so you are not there yet so thats good.
  • Posted

It doesnt mean you have cancer because your lining is thicker,try and relax. X x
    • Posted

im only worried about it as on another post with some one else whos got it they are i. america and they said there lining was at 8mm and that she said if your lining is above 4 mm they do biopsy and thats how they found hers, so thats why im worried as mines at 15mm alot more.
    • Posted

iv got to go hospital tomorrow just got a call from gyno department they said to go to endoscopy so i dont know why u less thats were they do the checks of womb to. it was fast in fespect to talking with my gp as i got sick of waiti g for them to call me so i called him yesterday and then today i got call from hospital, well if you count it from complaining to gp then its been far to long as been going back and forth to him since march. they so rubish that he asked me why i was calling then when i said about scan results he asked me why i had a scan gosh, anyways i dont know whats happening tomorow just know iv got an apointment and got to go to endoscopy department.

also i started to have spotting and very light watery bleed four days ago.

so two weeks of not seeing anything and now back with it again. im also more bloated look pregnant. 

• Posted

ok so iv had a hystoscopy and biopsys done i go back on the 24 august to get results

im dreding it. hope i dont have cancer. im bleedi g more since biopsy done and iv got constant stitch pain in my sides to. i look bloated and pregant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.