Nonpainful spots on penis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had these spots on my penis for quite a while, and I don't think it's any sort of STD's because I'm still a virgin and it doesn't cause any pain of any sort. I'm too nervous to ask a doctor about this even though they deal with this sort of stuff but still I came here. These spots don't bother me, it doesn't itch or hurt, I just wanna know what these are, if I can get rid of them, and how I can tell my future spouse about this if it ever gets to it. Please help me find out!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey buddy.   You are very brave to put yourself out there like this.  Just looked it up on the internet.  These spots sometimes happen to men. They are called Fordyce Spots.  And if there on the head oft he penis there called Tyson's Glands.  Go to the urologist he will be able to help you with them.  Don't worry they see a lot of body parts  Take care  Ken 

• Posted

Those don't look like standard Fordyce spots to me, and Tyson's glands are normally either side of the frenulum.  The glans has an unusual texture, and there seems to be some swelling below that, especially on the left hand side.  I'd agree that a visit to a urologist would be a good idea, but I'm not sure they'll actually be able to do anything to change the appearance.

• Posted

The picture on the internet look like what he has but the best thing is for him to see a urologist  Have a great day  Ken
  • Edited

Has it always been like that?  Your skin seems to have had an unusual reaction to being circumcised.  There might not be much that can be done about it, but I'd get checked out if I were you.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  Don't be nervous about it - doctors have pretty much seen everything.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

I used to have the same issue come to find out it was due to my madturabtion habits without some form of lubrication. I bought a lotion called one man one oil off amazon for a few bucks and applied it once in the morning and once before bed daily until it hydrated the skin and I haven’t had the issue since. But do not masturbate with the lotion. 
    • Posted

It's glad to hear I'm not the only one with this sort of issue. I've masturbated without lotion for quite sometime. Now I'm going to have to use lotion.

• Posted

Check out that one man one oil it’s specifically made to be put on the penis and help heal the skin. I thought for the longest time I had hpv but after using that it cleared up my issue and did so in a relatively short amount of time. As for the masturbation if you use lotion instead of lube make sure it’s uncented and look for lotions with Aloe Vera or vitamin E you can also use vaciline but that would need to be cleaned off after for sure as it will stain clothing
    • Posted

I just assumed you were already using some kind of lube, as I think that's normal for most circumcised men.  I'm not sure that masturbating without lube would have caused the issue with the texture of your skin though, unless you create a lot of friction when you masturbate.  I wouldn't bother with man 1 man oil btw - it looks like an expensive scam to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.