Normal echocardiogram but still got symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

for the last 12 months I've had bad irregular heartbeats and developed bilateral pitting oedema in my legs and mildly swollen ankles, so I've had a echocardiogram done and my results show normal left ventricular function and normal right ventricular function and also normal ejection fraction?? the oedema is still present in my legs my doctor thinks it could be due to me been overweight?? I'm still getting bad palpitations but I cant argue with echocardiogram results can I?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i had irrigular beat for ages my heart would just suddenly skip a beat really hard in my chest a few times a day. of corse when i went to the doctors my iregular heart beat didnt happen. typical. ecg was fine too. this went on for a while and they ended up agreeing to give me a heart monitor for a week which recorded the heart beat while i got on with everyday life. yes they did hear the skipped beat but said it was normal and eventaually the skipped beat went away. i had a heart scan and it was also normal. for a while i felt better and didnt think about my heart at all and my mind was at rest. then a few months later i would worry again incase the test was wrong or something but you just have to trust in the results. i tried beta blockers for panic but i worried that my heart rate was too slow so i stopped and just stuck with my anxiety meds which work well. hope you manage to get over this too 😃

• Posted

hi that is only test I've not had the holter monitor I've had more ecg than anybody lol but as per usual ther are always normal maybe il have ask about a holter monitor but my doctor just thinks its anxiety so I doubt he will bother with the holter but next time I go I will ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.