Not able to work

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Due to the many symptoms that we experience with menopause, I find it difficult to get a job. I haven't worked since April of last year. I get anxious just thinking about going to an interview. Then I think about the fact that if I get a job how long before I'd have to quit or they fire me because I'm out sick with these symptoms. Also, I have kids who are still young and in elementary school. So even if I did work it is hard to find a job that works around their schedule. Do any of you know of any work from home jobs that are legitimate? When I look up stuff like that all I seem to come across are scams. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sharcev

I work part time as learning support in a college.

Had a ten year peri hell now post meno.

Sad to say im not feeling any better.

I would love to work from home so i too would be very intetested in following this post.

Im really struggling at work x

• Posted

I hear you, I find it difficult to get out of bed everyday. My anxiety seems to ckick I in the mornings, I start feeling all my ackes and pains as soon as I put a foot on the floor. Lucky for me, I only work partime. What are your symptoms? Be strong, this shall pass💜

• Posted

Hi sharecev,  Most of that stuff online are total scams.  Surveys, etc.  I too am not workin either right now.  Do you have any type of skill or like to make certain thing?  Crafty?  Jewelry, Sewing?  I ask because...my son has special needs and I pay a lot of money for some of his clothing. It is called adaptive wear.  A lot of these places are just small operations.  Mostly found through FB, word of mouth.  Probably stay at home moms!  I am currently not working myself because of my symptoms...I am self employed.  Sucks now though, I am in US, no pay, no disability.  My mom used to have a home daycare.  Pet sitting/ dog walker?  Carpool?  Think of things people need when they are on vacation.  Of course depending on your symptoms...you know what you can handle! 
  • Posted

I work seasonal January through April and it works for me. I find while I'm working I dont have time to focus on symptoms of the day, but when I'm off all I have is time to sit and worry about whether or not I have a horrible disease that is going to kill me.

• Posted

Yes last year when I was working it did keep my mind off of me which was great. I hope I can find something soon.
    • Posted

It is only by the grace of God that I get up and make it to my full time job. Yesterday was a terrible day at work. I felt completely inadequate. I also have this weird feeling in my right breast and this weird feeling near my right shoulder blade, I can only describe it as muscle tension. Meanwhile I've convinced myself that I that I have alt least three dread diseases. Is it the big C? Is it a blood clot? On top of that I have a meeting tonight which means I'll have to be here until possibly 8pm(I get overtime). I had to take a whole Valium this morning to get through this day. Then my cat was sitting in the window this morning watching me leave., She never does that, of course I'm thinking animals are very intuitive, does she think this is last time she will see me? I'm just going through a rough patch right now. 

Did you know that roughly 10 to 15 percent of women leave their jobs because of menopause symptoms? It would be more if we could afford it. I'm single and have a house, bills, etc. I also need the healthcare.

• Posted

Hi Juanita,  I’m sorry you’re hurting today.  I’m curious...was this a US statistic on meno and leaving jobs?  That is only who the study knew about...imagine how many more there are.  Things need to change.  This is a true disability.  It affects our minds, body, and spirit...can you imagine if men got these symptoms?  I love my husband dearly, but he got stung by a bee the other day and had a headache 🙄🙄🙄🙄Don’t get me started on the healthcare costs.  We get a maternity leave, why not a menopause leave?  I have worked since I have been 15.  Was at work the morning of the day my first child came...drove myself to the hospital in labor.  Got laid off from that job a year to the day coming back from my second maternity leave (coincidence...not!). Now I’m self employed.  Just venting here!  You will see Miss Kitty when you get home!  I think the same thing...I have 2 cats, one has not left my side since I haven’t been well.  My labrador just keeps sniffing my butt!  If I ever go missing...he’ll find me.  Hang in there Juanita! 😀

• Posted

Yes, It was a US statistic and I think it was maybe a few years old. Like I said on another thread my Supervisor just gave us some news that means tons more work. I'm barely doing the work I have now.  Ant they want to pile more on us? I'm so sick of these new Sergeants trying to prove something and then move on. I've had 11 in 11 years. At 59 I want to less work not more! 

Thanks Lou! You make me feel better and you make me laugh! I'm hanging on mu I may need to find another job.

• Posted

hi juanita!

I totally get your health worries. I dont have health anxiety really, but the last week or so my legs have really been bothering me. it popped into my head out of nowhere this morning and I was thinking hey, maybe I have a blood clot! then I was laughing at myself because the chances of having one in both legs are very slim. it's so weird how those kind of thoughts just come out of nowhere 🙄 hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Juantita!

long time no talk.

as you know i was  away for a few days seeing my mom. Very sad, very depressing being where she has to be, not right at all. I want to bring her back

made it thorugh though. 

Riight back to working, i dont know how we do its.

I want to stay home!!! Thats all i want is to take care of my boys and stay home.

xoxoxo

• Posted

Hey Maui! I'm glad you made it through. You're a trooper! My job is sucking the life out of me too. The people are okay, but they are starting to really annoy me with little things. The job itself is stressing me out. This new Lieutenant and Sergeant are driving me crazy! We had to go to a meeting tonight that serves no purpose. I had wine before I went. I don't care. I kinda hoped they would smell it on my breath and fire me.🤣🤣😂😂 On top of this new Sergeant told my Supervisor he would be implementing changes and these changes will mean a lot more work. It will mean being called out more in the middle of the night. If these changes are approved and go into effect, I will have to resign. I cannot and will not be called out three or four times a week sometimes at 2am. Uh uh no way.

To make matters worse my house has foundation problems that I cannot afford to fix. I'm afraid of my own house. It pops and creaks and I can't stand it!

I just want to quit this job, buy a new house, another car, and start my freelance wedding photography business. It would be nice to find a nice man for company.

I just keep praying for us. 🤗?🌹🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

I know. M health anxiety had calmed down some. Now it's back. But you did help me laugh at myself!😂😂😂

• Posted

I cold have written this sharper. Except I have been unemployed longer. I have been made redundant due to the finding cuts. Since then I am.unemployed and scared. I am a graphic designer. So I get some work through previous contacts and worked from home. But it is not an income one can live on or rely on. It is HARD! GOOD LUCK!
  • Posted

Hi sharcerv I have been on the sick for 3 months and am not going to be going back to my awful job. I also would love to work from home but atm the thought of my doc saying I can't sign you off any more and having to think about starting somewhere new, interviews meeting new people fills me with dread and makes me more anxious, It's bad enough going to docs every month I know the longer I get used to being at home the worse it will get but like you say how can you commit to something new when your hormones are all over the place.

• Posted

Yes exactly! Last November I took a course in Phlebotomy and got my certificate. But when it came time to do my internship they required you to do a physical and that meant going to the doctor and I hate going to the doctor. So I didn't go any further with the program. I wasted money taking the course. Then on top of that all the shifts that were available in the field were during times I couldn't work because of my kid's schedule. So I couldn't do it any way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.