Not able to work

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Due to the many symptoms that we experience with menopause, I find it difficult to get a job. I haven't worked since April of last year. I get anxious just thinking about going to an interview. Then I think about the fact that if I get a job how long before I'd have to quit or they fire me because I'm out sick with these symptoms. Also, I have kids who are still young and in elementary school. So even if I did work it is hard to find a job that works around their schedule. Do any of you know of any work from home jobs that are legitimate? When I look up stuff like that all I seem to come across are scams. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi!! I totally understand!! Luckily I am able to stay home and not have to work ... but if I did I know I’d have to quit too.. no way I could work feeling like crap all the time... all the dizziness and off balance... and the anxiety 😪.    My nephews wife works from home working as a hotel reservationists.... I will see if I can find more info and get back with you... hang in there.. I know EXACTLY what you are going through as well as all these lovely ladies on this forum  (((hugs))) 💕

• Posted

Thanks Pam. Yes whatever information you can find will be greatly appreciated.
  • Posted

Yes, it is hard to work especially with kids still at home..  I work very part-time in retail when kids are in school. BUT I do need to find something else-- it's a bit overwhelming and scary.. I find filling out all the on-line applications is very tedious and also makes me more anxious thinking who will hire me.  I'm going to try a  local college or even something clerical at a hospital.  Sounds great but I also know I'll 'chicken out' and not do it. BTW I do find when I'm at work, I'm better and not thinking of my problems--it's a great distraction even if only part-time.

• Posted

Yes I know what you mean. I had an interview last month and I chickened out. Why is this so hard?
  • Posted

Hi Sharc

I would very much like to find something from home also as where i work sucks the life out of me..the people.

I know there are legitimate stay at home jobs, because many women have them.

I was reading below that Lou has some good ideas. 

Maybe we can brainstorm? What about the at home surveys that people do when they call out to homes..

xoxox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.