Not able to work due to perimenopause. Anxiety, depression, fatigue.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I started perimenopause June 2013. Miss periods for two to three months, then get cycles again for one or two months. Then no period again for two to three months. This has been pattern. I feel great, normal when periods start. Then I crash hard when cycles stop. Chronic depression, anxiety, panic, fatigue, insomnia, doom and gloom. I quit my job in November, 2013. I came close to returning several times. But my anxiety, depression and all rises and Ihave yet to return tto work. 

I was diagnosed with PTSD, panic attacks, depression 20 years ago. Wentworth thru therapy for 4 years. Been on 10mg Paxil since. Was able to work, function very well. 

Then perimenopause slammed me June,  2013. Almost cost me my marriage of 29 years. Lost my job, my sanity, social life, confidence, suicidal thoughts, etc. I always was very active, social, energetic, FUNNY, I miss me so much. 

I was couch bound November thru February. Finally went into therapy in March. They upped my paxil, added busparone. Temporarily made me feel good, but I eventually felt worse after months of this. I'm back down to 10mg Paxil, No busparone, I take supplements now . 

I still cannot go backto work . I cannot expected to hold down a job when I know these fluctuations continue. I am looking into SS disabilities, but Ikknow it takes years and low chance of approval. 

Anyone else not able to work due to perimenopause or menopause?  Please share. Thank you!  Karen

1 like, 93 replies

93 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi DragonTat

what supplements do you take ... if you say first .. then us ladies can tell you what may help ..

also what age are you ..

i had a natural 9-10 year peri... i am 50 now and full menopause ..

jayxx

• Posted

Hi! I turned 50 in January this year . 

Take black cohosh menopause support. Just started Nerve Tonic,  herbal product, like it a lot. 

I really appreciate your support smile 

• Posted

I also take Vit D, omega 3, joint supps, coconut oil supps to help with memory, Vit C,. 

The Nerve Tonic is by Hyland. Homeopathic, over the counter. I just started that a couple days ago. Love it. Calming but not drowsy at all. Helps relax and improved focus. Take one am one pm. 

• Posted

Hi Dragon

Nerve Tonic ... oh i think i want some 😃 we like calming 😃

i feel a google search about to begin ..

never feel alone Drag... we are always here ...  😊

jay xx

• Posted

Your so not alone here on this forum! The ladies are wonderful and so helpful with posting articles and great information to read right when we need it the most...thanks jayneejay!  

I haven't worked in years and I have all those great symptoms as well. The beginning of perimenopause is the worst experience ever. I have had so many hospital stays over my symptoms for the doctors to say they can't find anything wrong. Hormones can do a number on us!!

Its such a ruff journey for us women but hang in there and stay strong. We are all battling this together. Sending a hug and prayers your way...be blessed. 😉

• Posted

I suffer PTSD following many years in war zones and as an aid worker. If I can help I will.

Big hugs

xxx

• Posted

My PTSD is from a violent childhood, from my father. 

Thank you for serving and your support!!!  Big hugs!! 

• Posted

Thank you and stay strong.

We are all here for each other. I and many of the other ladies are here pretty much every day, so no-one need feel they are alone and answers will come swiftly

xxx

• Posted

Taz

yeah and that Jay Jay on here 24/7 hahahahahahahahahaha 😁

jay xx

• Posted

That is reassuring. I am so glad I found this Site. 

Hugs and many thanks! 

• Posted

Yup you are. I'm just off to bed as an early start tomorrow. The quartet is driving nearly 200miles to sing at a service. Best get some sleep. Though I hesitate to say beauty sleep as I think my ugly mug needs polyfiller smile
    • Posted

Taz 

night night .. sleep tight..

enjoy tomorrow ..

jay xx

• Posted

Hi  Dragon tat

yes Peri and Meno can a long journey, but if we accept it and keep positive and have a sense of humour about it ...  not dwell on the symptoms, ' i dont say that to be patronising either' i had a long peri menopause and had loads of symptoms and have solderied on, it is a natural process.. and good specific supplements do help..

for ladies that struggle more than others ... i suggest blood tests.. as peri can trigger niggles, i had raised chloresterol and higher blood sugar etc etc. you could possibly be iron deficient, have thyroid trouble, be Vit B12 deficient, and also Vit D dificient ( as brought to our attention yesterday by our lovely lady Astrid  )  all needs a check, incase your peri is made worse by other things ... 

for energy and help with aches and anxiety..

i suggest a Mega B 100mg Complex ( containing at least 100mg of Vit B6) 

this was a life turn arounder for me personally, we lack B Vit especially B6 and b12 the energy booster in peri and meno... 

i dont know what you take currently if anything so cant really be more specific at the moment ..

all i can say is your not alone , all women have peri and meno, we cant not have it, be postive and take each day at a time..

jayx 

• Posted

Thank you sweetie!  I'll get some of those B vitamins for sure. I've been to my primary care doc. Blood work normal. Been on vitamin D for last couple years, got me in a normal range. 

Big hugs to you too! smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.