Not Coping Anymore

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I noticed that since these symptoms started, that I no longer handle stress as well as I could before. I don't know if it's because my period is due or what but the least thing makes me upset to where I start feeling nervous and on edge really bad. I used to let very little get to me and now I feel like I just can't deal with anything remotely stressful. Have any of you ladies felt or feel this way?

2 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie yes stress and menopause don't go I know that for sure,I try not to get to work up about things.it so hard to keep calm all the time,before meno I could get angry upset about anything if I have to now I have to be as quiet as lamb never mind I heard it all normal chin up it could only get better.
  • Posted

Hi been like this for about 3 months now not had a period either plus not sleeping which don't help.went docs today to be told unless mot had period for a year they won't give out tablets
    • Posted

Kim, did you find that your doctor was willing to talk about your symptoms at all?
  • Posted

Yes!  I've always had anxiety issues, but they have multiplied with peri.  I used to feel much more confident and not doubt myself so much, which helped me cope more effectively.  Can't deal with anything stressful anymore.
    • Posted

Nope. Won't take it. I am on a anti anxiety, BUSPIRONE, and that's helped a bit. I have got a lot of help from meditating. I still have rough days or weeks, usually around or during my period, like this last week. Have learned to be kinder to myself and take better care of myself.
    • Posted

Hi DearDoe....i am the same. Have had anxiety/depression issues previously but this peri stuff is different. I don't get depressed just flat and it comes and goes. The anxiety is the same. The doctor gave me a script for AD but I havent taken it. I can't take hrt so have cut out sugars and caffeine. I also started meditation again and it definitely helps. But it has to be practiced daily not just when you feel bad. I am still regular but changing all the time....every month is different. It got worse last October and if this is just the start I am not looking forward to the rest smile

• Posted

Doe, I've been interested in meditation for some time.  Did you start with it on your own or did someone help you?  I'm not sure where to begin.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth....I downloaded apps onto my phone. Relax lite is a good one...I find the voice soothing. I try the free ones. Then I plug in my headphones lie down and do the 20 mins daily. There are different ones....relaxation....meditation. ..just try a few and see if you like them.
    • Posted

Thanks, that sounds like a good way to start!
  • Posted

Yes, I feel the same way. Turned into a full blown anxiety disorder. And I let the symptoms, like dizziness and feeling like I am going to pass out make me feel even more anxious. Better then it used to be, I think I have been going through this for at least 4 years. Ended up having a breakdown about 2 years ago. I am 44. Periods have changed, but are still regular. Looking forward to the end of this horror.
    • Posted

Hi there,

Can I ask, what type of meditation you gals are doing?

I will try anything at this point.

Actually I think I may of had a breakdown too.

Please don't think I'm stupid but how did you know you had a breakdown?

All help is greatly appreciated!

I don't know where I would be without this forum and God above!!!

(And my Mom)

Hugs, Maggie

• Posted

I feel like that everyday, the dizziness of the anxiety is so scary , how do you fight not getting that ? ❤Steff .
    • Posted

Hi Doe,

I am trying not to let the anxiety get to me as well. It's certainly not as bad as it was. The dizziness and feeling like I'm going to faint really makes me anxious as well. I went to the ER one evening screaming that I was so dizzy and couldn't breathe, they were looking at me like really lady, no one was rushing or anything... When I calmed down finally I felt so embarrassed. There after I started having these panic attack I started realizing that I just can't handle any stress. I get nervous and jumpy and all out of sorts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.